Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
May 6, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #5,866 of 7,191
I feel that if those who bricked their headsets had exercised proper patience and waited for Audeze to get their desktop app update ready before flashing their headsets could have avoided the entire mess. I also don't consider the entire situation anyone's fault but those users.
What! That's rediculous. The headsets were updated through officially supported means. How the hell is it the users fault?

May 6, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #5,867 of 7,191
What! That's rediculous. The headsets were updated through officially supported means. How the hell is it the users fault?

No, users were instructed to flash via the updated desktop app. When Audeze did not end up releasing the updated desktop version in a timely manner, some users found out they could do so via the Android version (mobile and NOT desktop) and ended up bricking their headsets.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #5,868 of 7,191
Only those who flashed their headsets with beta firmware via unsupported methods.
No, users were instructed to flash via the updated desktop app. When Audeze did not end up releasing the updated desktop version in a timely manner, some users found out they could do so via the Android version (mobile and NOT desktop) and ended up bricking their headsets.
Where did they say don't use the android app?

You are cherry picking your info. The beta version they sent of the Audeze HQ app was described as "Our software team has given us a new version of the HQ software that can be used in conjunction with the new firmware" because after the firmware was applied the old HQ software wouldn't see the headset.

They also said, "This beta firmware will be available via the Audeze HQ app for a very limited time window.
At 4PM PDT on Monday 3/29, the beta firmware will available on the "settings" tab of the software for about 20 minutes."

That's where the urgency came from to try to grab the firmware quickly.

They pushed the firmware to the public android app, but aren't even 1% responsible?

You have this weird resentment towards people that got bricked.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #5,869 of 7,191
Bottom line, any company that provides public access to a firmware update (when it is not meant to be public), and provides no warning that the firmware update has the potential to brick your device, is liable. Even worse than that, if they make that mistake then try to claim they're not at fault, are untrustworthy. My money has gone elsewhere and will never be used for an Audeze product. I talk with my wallet.

May 6, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #5,870 of 7,191
Bottom line, any company that provides public access to a firmware update (when it is not meant to be public), and provides no warning that the firmware update has the potential to brick your device, is liable. Even worse than that, if they make that mistake then try to claim they're not at fault, are untrustworthy. My money has gone elsewhere and will never be used for an Audeze product. I talk with my wallet.
Oh no. Audeze were great about it. Reached out really quickly to get replacements out. They are backordered, but they communicated that really well. It’s just this guy above who keeps telling everyone they are solely to blame.

May 6, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #5,871 of 7,191
this, companies will fish around with consumers until a letter of intent comes there way and they are looking at a fat class action
even at that point it's worth it to flounder around when they have corp. lawyers on retainer and are looking at a few hundred per member instead of doing the right thing
guess that Audeze customer service isn't worth much glad I am sitting here with a M1570 with 5 year warranty + 2 years from my CC instead of a LCD-2

May 6, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #5,872 of 7,191
this, companies will fish around with consumers until a letter of intent comes there way and they are looking at a fat class action
even at that point it's worth it to flounder around when they have corp. lawyers on retainer and are looking at a few hundred per member instead of doing the right thing
guess that Audeze customer service isn't worth much glad I am sitting here with a M1570 with 5 year warranty + 2 years from my CC instead of a LCD-2
I'm confused where the Audeze bashing is coming from? The quoted sections said "if they make that mistake then try to claim they're not at fault". Audeze gave us all multiple options to have either an advance replacement mailed out, send it in for reflash on their dime, or wait for a brand new replacement with NO QUESTIONS ASKED and said sorry. Try that with your next dell/hp/toshiba laptop/pc and let me know how you make out. Hell my last Sennheiser headset had an issue and Sennheiser told me to take it up with the vendor even though its under warranty. If anything I regard Audeze as a company higher now than before knowing they will make good on any issues. (I'm not an Audeze mole!)...I'm stalking those LCD-2's...

May 6, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #5,875 of 7,191
I'm confused where the Audeze bashing is coming from? The quoted sections said "if they make that mistake then try to claim they're not at fault". Audeze gave us all multiple options to have either an advance replacement mailed out, send it in for reflash on their dime, or wait for a brand new replacement with NO QUESTIONS ASKED and said sorry. Try that with your next dell/hp/toshiba laptop/pc and let me know how you make out. Hell my last Sennheiser headset had an issue and Sennheiser told me to take it up with the vendor even though its under warranty. If anything I regard Audeze as a company higher now than before knowing they will make good on any issues. (I'm not an Audeze mole!)...I'm stalking those LCD-2's...
I'm confused where the Audeze bashing is coming from
block you are the bootlicker here I am allowed to be critical of a company and most companies are trash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back