Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 11, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #3,121 of 7,191
My order still shows up as unfulfilled, if it’s not too late can I have Saturday delivery? Happily pay the extra.

Order number 47341
@Oscar-HiFi Did my order #48166 manage to secure any of the current delivery or will I be waiting for the next lot? In the unlikely event it's there and being despatched today could I pay for DPD Sat on the card I bought them for?

Providing they are not Penrose X pre-orders, they are going out today. Orders are marked as dispatched in bulk towards the end of the day (which will trigger an email with tracking to be sent) Sadly we cannot change the shipping method now, as Royal Mail will be picking them up any minute.

Sorry about this, but you'll have them soon :)

Dec 11, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #3,122 of 7,191
Providing they are not Penrose X pre-orders, they are going out today. Orders are marked as dispatched in bulk towards the end of the day (which will trigger an email with tracking to be sent) Sadly we cannot change the shipping method now, as Royal Mail will be picking them up any minute.

No problem at all, it was just an afterthought as I didn't realise they were actually in stock. Thank you for your quick response.

Dec 11, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #3,123 of 7,191

Any chance if I ordered today if there was any stock for the playstation Penrose? I originally preordered at 249 and then cancelled thinking I could use my Sennheiser Game One and Mixamp. Now I have so many issues and am unable to mix chat and game volume.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #3,124 of 7,191
Thanks, not a big issue would just be a nice have but by no means a problem. I'm sure you can understand why I didn't bother paying for it when placing a pre-order not knowing when it will be sent.

Yea - I only went for the next day delivery option when i ordered (for the 3rd time) as I was going by the Audeze despatch date and wasn't expecting them to arrive so late in the week at HFH. @Oscar-HiFi and team have been great getting them sent so quickly though and with postal services being so stretched there's no guarantee the Sat Delivery would be adhered to anyway - imagine the hassle of us all chasing for delivery refunds then lol

Dec 11, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #3,125 of 7,191
Thank you for your response. Im indeed on android. If they could just make the standard volume of the wifi connection a bit higher that would be a solution... Now even on full volume the PS5 is almost not hearable.

Another point btw is that the new firmware seems to have an adverse effect on my Penrose. I didnt have any "wind"-sound but since the firmware update there is wind noises whenever I pause my games. 🙁

Agreed. To be clear you will need to enable developer options on your phone (Google ypur version of Android and it will tell you how) and the setting you want to disable is "absolute volume" this way you can turn down Bluetooth to match your Ps5 then turn up the overall volume with the headsets wheel control, this will allow you to essentially control the mix and get the volume you want to achieve.

As for your second point I did not notice any wind. There is some noise if you have a sidetone enabled and the mic connected,but I don't use sidetone.

Dec 11, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #3,126 of 7,191
Just received mine and updated them.
First impressions: There's background hiss unfortunately. I'm surprised by the impact of the bass, I expected these to sound leaner.

EDIT: The mic sounds pretty good.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #3,127 of 7,191
Absolutely lovely sound. These are my first headphones of this caliber and yea, I'm ecstatic with the upgrade. Didn't think it would be this good. I'm no audiophile, so don't expect a better review than this: much more range than what I'm used to, so much more clarity within this new range, and tremendously clear bass. The sound is truly top notch.

Gripes: I get that very faint scratch/wind in the left cup when very low volume stuff is playing. It's not loud enough to get in the way of anything, but it's there. There's also some hiss, but very little. I did update to the latest firmware (which required a few resets to finally get the software to recognize the headset). The feedback on Discord from my friends is that I sound "muffled" but good otherwise, and much clearer when I take the windscreen off but then they hear me breathing.. obviously. I hear myself perfectly fine in the mic test. This is all via the dongle. I tested Bluetooth (via USB dongle) for a bit and they said I sounded terrible there. These are all pretty common comments, last I checked.

Despite these, I'm in love with the sound. Everything sounds new. I'm hearing things in games I've been playing for years that I'd never heard before. Even compressed media like youtube and spotify sound so much better. The sound alone is worth the price of entry, I can't stress this enough. They really seem like a bargain for what you get vs other $200+ headphones.

All that being said, I haven't really messed around with the settings too much, and have been away from this thread for long enough where I don't know if there are any recommended settings I should be doing to fix any of the issues. Penrose here, btw.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #3,128 of 7,191
Holy crap, I'm amazed at the clarity in busy tracks.

I seriously surprised at the bass on these. So big, so powerful, and yet it maintains clarity.

They seem very comfortable and detect no channel imbalance.
The range on my PC seems fine, what I expected.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #3,129 of 7,191

I seriously surprised at the bass on these. So big, so powerful, and yet it maintains clarity.

Part of me wishes companies would collaborate more to make truly amazing products, like if Logitech and Audeze would collab on a headset using Audeze's planar tech and tuning and Logitech's Lightspeed wireless tech as well as whatever "gaming" software they have nowadays.

Dec 11, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #3,130 of 7,191

They seem very comfortable and detect no channel imbalance.
The range on my PC seems fine, what I expected.

Now go listen to Diana Krall's Live in Paris album or Yosi's Bubbles song I linked earlier :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back