Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #1,981 of 7,191
Well, that's great news. Maybe now some of this negativity can tone down a bit while we wait for the fixes.

BTW, MLE- don’t play Sackboy right after playing Astro as you won’t immediately enjoy the character movement of Sackboy, in comparison to Astro it’s more ‘floaty’ , best to play a different game in between. Sorry for going OT, a little
Agh, yeah I saw the review, not sure I'd loooooove Sackboy. Maybe Spooderguy is a safe bet. But $70 is a lot to take.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #1,982 of 7,191
I am testing on PC now, played one round of warzone and i didnt hear any o
On a more positive note, the Xbox units got approval today. We hope to roll all these fixes into the production. Penrose PS dealer orders (Outside US) have started shipping today.

You need to focus on fixing this “wooshing” wind noise. I don’t think that is the same issue you have already fixed. This seems different then a simple noise floor issue. It’s very distracting and I notice it much more on ps5. There are several posts in the last few pages that describe it well.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #1,983 of 7,191
Well for what it's worth the headset works better for me on PS5 than on PC, lol. My connection range is much further on PS5. Probably a noisy USB 3 bus on my PC.
I am international and ordered the penrose X but these comments have me worried I was the best quality sound. If I cancel these what would you suggest which are good sound-wise? Wired or wireless. Do you think I should wait and keep my order and see if they fix the issues?. Because I pondered the pc38x but I'd need a DAC with them and I can't find a DAC which is compatible with series X. I don't want to rush into it and cancel but I must admit I am worried.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #1,984 of 7,191
I am international and ordered the penrose X but these comments have me worried I was the best quality sound. If I cancel these what would you suggest which are good sound-wise? Wired or wireless. Do you think I should wait and keep my order and see if they fix the issues?. Because I pondered the pc38x but I'd need a DAC with them and I can't find a DAC which is compatible with series X. I don't want to rush into it and cancel but I must admit I am worried.

Audeze has acknowledged the issue and says they have a fix. So hopefully that's the case. You have a bit of time to wait it out and see what happens.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #1,985 of 7,191
I am testing on PC now, played one round of warzone and i didnt hear any o

You need to focus on fixing this “wooshing” wind noise. I don’t think that is the same issue you have already fixed. This seems different then a simple noise floor issue. It’s very distracting and I notice it much more on ps5. There are several posts in the last few pages that describe it well.
We are pretty sure it is and we also found the cause We will verify it with some of the users next week before rolling it out.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #1,987 of 7,191
Well, that's great news. Maybe now some of this negativity can tone down a bit while we wait for the fixes.

Agh, yeah I saw the review, not sure I'd loooooove Sackboy. Maybe Spooderguy is a safe bet. But $70 is a lot to take.

I am not trying to be rude, but I think you might need to take a step back. I had no problems with your comments after every post until your “maybe some of this negativity can tone down a bit” comment. I don’t think anybody in here is trying to be negative just to be negative. There are legit issues here and if your pair doesn’t have it or you haven’t dealt with shipping issues - maybe take a step back and realize there are a lot of frustrated customers in here and for a very good reason. Just because they got Microsoft certification doesn’t mean people shouldn’t voice their issues and opinions.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #1,988 of 7,191
There's definitely some negative nancies on here, saying Audeze being quiet on the shipping issues is some suspicious activity, and how their stream had perfect wireless range and seemed too good to be true, etc. So yes, I'll call it like I see it.

Voicing complaints on the issues is one thing. Making accusations is what I'm referring to.

I understand the frustrations and voicing them is perfectly acceptable. But when people go wild with ideas of shady business, and Audeze "ignoring" people, then I have to say, that's extremely unhelpful.

I'm also trying to tell people that certain things fall outside the scope of the Penrose itself, like actual PS5 issues, but somehow people keep attaching the issue to the Penrose. The Penrose problems are being compounded by the PS5 problems. 1 issue + 1 non related issue = 1 bigger combined issue, in this case

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #1,990 of 7,191
There's definitely some negative nancies on here, saying Audeze being quiet on the shipping issues is some suspicious activity, and how their stream had perfect wireless range and seemed too good to be true, etc. So yes, I'll call it like I see it.

Voicing complaints on the issues is one thing. Making accusations is what I'm referring to.

I understand the frustrations and voicing them is perfectly acceptable. But when people go wild with ideas of shady business, and Audeze "ignoring" people, then I have to say, that's extremely unhelpful.
I just got worried about what I was reading I haven't canceled I am not one to jump the gun. As long as the sound quality is fantastic I am a happy man.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1,991 of 7,191
On a more positive note, the Xbox units got approval today. We hope to roll all these fixes into the production. Penrose PS dealer orders (Outside US) have started shipping today.

Awesome. I have one (Penrose X) ordered through a local dealer here in Canada. Would they be getting the unit later than direct-order customers then?

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #1,992 of 7,191
I am not trying to be rude, but I think you might need to take a step back. I had no problems with your comments after every post until your “maybe some of this negativity can tone down a bit” comment. I don’t think anybody in here is trying to be negative just to be negative. There are legit issues here and if your pair doesn’t have it or you haven’t dealt with shipping issues - maybe take a step back and realize there are a lot of frustrated customers in here and for a very good reason. Just because they got Microsoft certification doesn’t mean people shouldn’t voice their issues and opinions.
I agree. You can separate my opinion and I’m not trying to hitch to your post or gang up but it’s been excuse after excuse. I respect your opinion MLE but you’re basically saying that necessary functions are not important because you don’t use them. People paid for those functions.
We are pretty sure it is and we also found the cause We will verify it with some of the users next week before rolling it out.
Are you doing anything for the preorders that are having to wait due to your errors? Expedited shipping? I’ve asked you at least twice already. I don’t see you addressing this. I know it’s been a disastrous launch so far and you’re busy putting out fires but you had time to do a live stream today. People are standing by waiting to cancel based on your comments.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #1,993 of 7,191
Wait what? About the Sidetone function? I never said that's a useless function in general. It should CLEARLY be something that works and works correctly. I was specifically referring to myself and my own use case. I don't use sidetone so I would turn it off. It's useless for ME. I didn't say the Sidetone issues weren't an issue just because I don't use it. It's something I would definitely bring up in my review.

Just like the weird game/voice chat not working for anything but xbox yet it being advertised for the regular Penrose, and the Bluetooth link back being a function i can't get to work, are things I have already brought up to them and on my review (not posted).

Believe me when I say this whooshing sound and other issues are something that DEFINITELY need to be addressed or I'll have to mention them in time of my review.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #1,994 of 7,191
I agree. You can separate my opinion and I’m not trying to hitch to your post or gang up but it’s been excuse after excuse. I respect your opinion MLE but you’re basically saying that necessary functions are not important because you don’t use them. People paid for those functions.

Are you doing anything for the preorders that are having to wait due to your errors? Expedited shipping? I’ve asked you at least twice already. I don’t see you addressing this. I know it’s been a disastrous launch so far and you’re busy putting out fires but you had time to do a live stream today. People are standing by waiting to cancel based on your comments.
Dude you need to calm down it will ship asap they have already stated this. At least yours is getting ready to ship there are some of us here it's going to be after Xmas. They are a small company and we are in the middle of a pandemic which has messed things up too. If you were stating about canceling based on the quality of the reviews nobody could say otherwise but to state it over them not answering you about shipping when they have already answered that question to others several times is a bit daft no? Sends up a rather desperate flare lol.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #1,995 of 7,191
Penrose PS ordered directly from us or through dealers ? Can you message me your order number ?

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back