Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 23, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #1,696 of 7,191
One surprising thing I have discovered since getting the Penrose is that I have a LOT more USB devices that I thought I had. Only had 1 USB port left for the dongle.
  • Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse
  • Ducky One 2 keyboard
  • Grace m9xx DAC / Amp
  • Shure MV5 microphone
  • Logitech gamepad
I need to figure out what I can get rid of...

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #1,697 of 7,191
@amoeba1126 - thank you. I distinctly recall reading that in the past week or two on posts I've read here (and elsewhere) and within my email inbox from Audeze. You affirming future communication commitments related to what @Audeze may or may not say isn't helpful. I'm new here - are you an Audeze employee with authorization to speak on the organization's behalf?

No, I am not an Audeze employee. I am simply repeating to you what they themselves have said. If you search for posts by KMann and Audeze, you can find the same information. In fact, I just linked them so all you have to do is click on either name to view their post history.

This post has a recent update regarding MS certification.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #1,698 of 7,191
No, I am not an Audeze employee. I am simply repeating to you what they themselves have said. If you search for posts by KMann and Audeze, you can find the same information. In fact, I just linked them so all you have to do is click on either name to view their post history.

@amoeba1126 - thank you for your community efforts in re-communicating what @Audeze has already disseminated.

@Audeze - The Penrose X sales page, https://www.audeze.com/products/penrose-wireless-planar-magnetic-headset, now displays the official “Designed for Xbox” logo when it did not before yesterday (i.e. on or prior to November 21st). Displaying that logo on a product sales page indicates that it is officially licensed and is therefore approved by Microsoft. Any announcement?

Nov 23, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #1,699 of 7,191
One surprising thing I have discovered since getting the Penrose is that I have a LOT more USB devices that I thought I had. Only had 1 USB port left for the dongle.
  • Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse
  • Ducky One 2 keyboard
  • Grace m9xx DAC / Amp
  • Shure MV5 microphone
  • Logitech gamepad
I need to figure out what I can get rid of...

Get a powered USB hub.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #1,702 of 7,191
I actually have my dongles for wireless mouse/KB (G915 TKL and G Pro Wireless) and DAC connected to my hub without issue. The only things I directly connect are headset and the power for my E30 DAC which is also USB. You'll want to experiment for yourself though.

Nov 24, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #1,705 of 7,191
Clearly the firmware upgrade before shipping is absolutely zapping man hours (understandably so). Wondering if having the Mac HQ app completed prior to launch would have made things so much quicker/smoother at this point??

Mention of the ‘next production batch’ a few posts back which I hope doesn’t introduce more possible delays - it won’t take much of a push back from the current delayed timescales for those in the UK (and other overseas) to miss Xmas.

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #1,707 of 7,191
Wondering if having the Mac HQ app completed prior to launch would have made things so much quicker/smoother at this point??

Fair question. Tbh tho, it's not like one just decides to have a piece of software completed. For a new platform. That stuff is hard, and it's a small team with lots of open ends at their hands. It takes time, and one wants to get it right when people are about to flash the firmware on their shiny new toys with it 🤷‍♂️

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #1,708 of 7,191
Fair question. Tbh tho, it's not like one just decides to have a piece of software completed. For a new platform. That stuff is hard, and it's a small team with lots of open ends at their hands. It takes time, and one wants to get it right when people are about to flash the firmware on their shiny new toys with it 🤷‍♂️

Yea, absolutely. I guess my point was that the pandemic probably impacted upon this before anything else - presuming the development is/was outsourced. That then just spiralled into creating the need for in house firmware upgrades which has just extended the delays further and further.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #1,709 of 7,191
All I would ask from Audeze at this stage is to let us know when the U.K. order has shipped. I’ve been waiting since July. I feel that’s perfectly reasonable.

Same here frankly. I perhaps wouldn't mind so much, but they took £250 upfront, and in my experience, I have very RARELY had to pay for anything upfront when preordering.

I preordered with Hifi Headphones on 16th July, like a day or so after the initial preorders went live. Yet you come on here and see someone ordering a week ago and already having dispatch notifications?

Regardless of what excuses the Audeze white knight brigade want to field, as paying customers who are eagerly anticipating a product that we've paid for, it would be nice to see something concrete, getting pretty fed up of the vague and evasive answers.

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #1,710 of 7,191
Same here frankly. I perhaps wouldn't mind so much, but they took £250 upfront, and in my experience, I have very RARELY had to pay for anything upfront when preordering.

I preordered with Hifi Headphones on 16th July, like a day or so after the initial preorders went live. Yet you come on here and see someone ordering a week ago and already having dispatch notifications?

Regardless of what excuses the Audeze white knight brigade want to field, as paying customers who are eagerly anticipating a product that we've paid for, it would be nice to see something concrete, getting pretty fed up of the vague and evasive answers.

Don't think the UK retailers help either in this - the queue of frustrated pre-order customers will grow. Scan.co.uk for example now shows 'arriving tomorrow' for these including the X!!)!! Hifi Headphones still says shipping late November when they've already updated the occasional preorder customer who's contacted them to say it'll be 2nd week of December now most likely.

Guess Audeze can't win in this - although maybe splitting the initial production run between direct orders and overseas preorders might have helped (apart form upsetting some direct customers I guess).

I'm keen to see these hit the UK but not committed in the same way as you - completely understand yours and other UK customers annoyance though. Thankfully, I cancelled my preorder once I saw the situation dragging on for what seemed like eternity so my money is back with me. An @Audeze update saying all direct orders up to 26/10 will be shipped just rubs salt in the wounds I guess when you've ordered 3 months before that! Yes, the pandemic has created challenges for us all but perhaps there could have been a fairer way to ensure date of order globally was taken into account?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back