Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 16, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #1,021 of 7,191
Just saw this from a member on Reddit:-

'I just got a message from the Audeze team

Yes. For customers in the US, who directly ordered from us, we have started shipping. In the next week we will start shipping to our UK distributor who will send them to customers ordered through them'

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gaming_Hea.../audeze_penrose_a_lowlatency_wireless_planar/

Would seem UK (and probably overseas orders in general) are being dealt with after the direct orders (understandable give the firmware upgrade and testing process I guess).

Provided this date doesn't slip further, I'm thinking it will be at least the week commencing the 30th November before they start shipping from the UK retailers and likely early December before they are in our hands.

Ah cool, thanks for this!

Basically confirms December then for me, the late November dream is dead. Whenever Audeze has said 'within the next week' it's been more like 2 whole weeks from that point.

Penrose X fellows can expect their headsets in 2021 at this point :sweat_smile:

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #1,022 of 7,191
Ah cool, thanks for this!

Basically confirms December then for me, the late November dream is dead. Whenever Audeze has said 'within the next week' it's been more like 2 whole weeks from that point.

Penrose X fellows can expect their headsets in 2021 at this point :sweat_smile:

I've never seen this happen with a set of headphones. Good lord.

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #1,023 of 7,191
Headphones are substantially less complicated than a wireless headset.

I don't think I've ever even once seen any consumer electronics made by not-a-tech-giant meet a preorder date, or anywhere close to it. Haven't preorders been around long enough now for everyone to just kind of understand they're all empty promises?

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #1,024 of 7,191
Headphones are substantially less complicated than a wireless headset.

I don't think I've ever even once seen any consumer electronics made by not-a-tech-giant meet a preorder date, or anywhere close to it. Haven't preorders been around long enough now for everyone to just kind of understand they're all empty promises?

I've pre-ordered plenty of electronics. Consoles are far more complicated than a headset with a mic attached. I got my XBX early.

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #1,025 of 7,191
From not-tech-giants.
Microsoft can spot an extra few million to expedite things in China. If someone who isn't worth 13 figures gets delayed (and they always will) they can't throw Microsoft money at it to make it go away.

Nov 16, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #1,026 of 7,191
Just saw this from a member on Reddit:-

'I just got a message from the Audeze team

Yes. For customers in the US, who directly ordered from us, we have started shipping. In the next week we will start shipping to our UK distributor who will send them to customers ordered through them'

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gaming_Hea.../audeze_penrose_a_lowlatency_wireless_planar/

Would seem UK (and probably overseas orders in general) are being dealt with after the direct orders (understandable give the firmware upgrade and testing process I guess).

Provided this date doesn't slip further, I'm thinking it will be at least the week commencing the 30th November before they start shipping from the UK retailers and likely early December before they are in our hands.
This just means the ps version right? They haven’t had certification on the Xbox one yet.

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #1,027 of 7,191
I have a tracking number showing delivery by this Thursday -- unfortunately, I am out of town for at least a couple of weeks which is why I contacted them last week twice to ask them to change the shipping address to where I'm at now, but alas although they claimed to have this morning, I still see the tracking going back home to Texas so I'm hoping they will extend my return window in case anything's amiss as I won't be home until November 29 at the earliest. :sweat_smile:

Looking forward to them in any case -- I already sold my Mobius last week in anticipation.

EDIT: Woohoo, they updated it -- getting them in Colorado looks like this week. :D

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #1,029 of 7,191
What timing, my Steelseries Arctis 7 just up and died on me yesterday and I find these are just finally coming to fruition.

I wonder what the odds of functionality on Linux are?
We dont plan to make AudezeHQ for Linux, but basic functionality works.
IMG_9199.JPG

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #1,033 of 7,191
We dont plan to make AudezeHQ for Linux, but basic functionality works.
That's all I need! The other wireless headset options I was looking at also only offered basic functionality on Linux, so it's a no-brainer to get the planar sound I'm fond of as long as it works. Thanks for giving it a test, always feel shaky buying newly released stuff when it might only work for me when I'm on my Windows drive.

Nov 16, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #1,034 of 7,191
I've pre-ordered plenty of electronics. Consoles are far more complicated than a headset with a mic attached. I got my XBX early.
case by case...I did plenty of pre-orders as well and none got here on the first promised date. BTW, my PS5 pre-order has NO promise date at all. can be tomorrow or NYE. Other Case was a the new Mario for Switch, from the so loved Amazon, made a pre-order to get on the release date and got here 1 month after the release.

Let's just stop this discussion about promise dates and pointing how bad Audeze is and focus on what is really important at this point. It a general problem, that's why is pre-order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back