Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 14, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #992 of 7,191
I don't understand how this can even remotely be considered expedited shipping. When I hear expedited shipping I think 1-2 days anywhere in the US.
Yeah I'm assuming they just lied about expedited shipping because ground, FedEx Home Delivery is NOT expedited shipping.

If it was expedited shipping and it shipped let's say yesterday, it should arrive by Monday or Tuesday the latest.

Nov 14, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #994 of 7,191
Do those of you worrying about a couple of extra days shipping during a pandemic really not have another headset you can use in the meantime? I am pretty jealous if Audeze are your first ever headset.
FedEx is doing 2 day delivery. The fact that they told us the shipping would be expedited and it is not is the topic of the current conversation.

Nov 14, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #995 of 7,191
FedEx is doing 2 day delivery. The fact that they told us the shipping would be expedited and it is not is the topic of the current conversation.

AFAIK they never stated how it would be expedited. Sure some may have certain expectations as to what that means, but that doesn’t mean they necessarily lied. I know that here in Australia during the worst of the pandemic (nowhere near the current US situation) that Express Post slipped out from its usual next day deliveries to a few days depending on where you are.

Nov 14, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #996 of 7,191
AFAIK they never stated how it would be expedited. Sure some may have certain expectations as to what that means, but that doesn’t mean they necessarily lied. I know that here in Australia during the worst of the pandemic (nowhere near the current US situation) that Express Post slipped out from its usual next day deliveries to a few days depending on where you are.
Well here in the US where the pandemic has hit hardest FedEx is delivering in 2 days. Audeze set the expectations, you can’t blame people for feeling how they feel. I mean you can blame them but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nov 14, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #997 of 7,191
Do those of you worrying about a couple of extra days shipping during a pandemic really not have another headset you can use in the meantime? I am pretty jealous if Audeze are your first ever headset.
Lmao I had to buy a Arctis 7p from Best Buy because of their lenient return policy. Do I want to go through all this? No but Audeze couldn't deliver on time when consoles launched, which in my opinion was VERY important....

Also, I don't expect many people to have quality headsets lying around waiting to be replaced, so they probably have to use earphones for however long they get their hands on their Penrose OR they probably will just cancel their order and go with another company.

Nov 14, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #998 of 7,191
Lmao I had to buy a Arctis 7p from Best Buy because of their lenient return policy. Do I want to go through all this? No but Audeze couldn't deliver on time when consoles launched, which in my opinion was VERY important....

Also, I don't expect many people to have quality headsets lying around waiting to be replaced, so they probably have to use earphones for however long they get their hands on their Penrose OR they probably will just cancel their order and go with another company.
The new consoles only came out this week right? Man I always thought I had high expectations but worrying about having to use some existing earphones for a week or two is next level.

Nov 14, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #999 of 7,191
Audeze specifically said pre orders will be expedited shipping which means delivery 1 to 3 days. I just wish they would've said Q3 or Q4 release instead of saying September then October then November. They knew the state of the world. Communication could've been better is all. Nonetheless I'm still excited for the Penrose.

Nov 14, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #1,000 of 7,191
Audeze specifically said pre orders will be expedited shipping which means delivery 1 to 3 days. I just wish they would've said Q3 or Q4 release instead of saying September then October then November. They knew the state of the world. Communication could've been better is all. Nonetheless I'm still excited for the Penrose.

Speaking as someone who works with companies that manufacture and order various stock from China there is unfortunately no way to accurately estimate how long things will take this year, so Audeze presumably were overly optimistic on the production/arrival from China, I don’t think they were trying to mislead anyone with status up to the point the stock arrived with them.

Now perhaps this expedited delivery thing now that they have the stock is a point of contention they should have avoided given what has come before it. They are apparently working through the weekend to get the headsets out ASAP though, so I think that shows their intent.

Nov 14, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #1,003 of 7,191
Speaking as someone who works with companies that manufacture and order various stock from China there is unfortunately no way to accurately estimate how long things will take this year, so Audeze presumably were overly optimistic on the production/arrival from China,

Which is why a more vague quarterly target would have been better. I have stuff taking 3-6 weeks longer to ship ex China simply because all the shipping lines are over booked, so containers get bumped. This isn't news to anyone involved in shipping items around the world, so they would be fully aware of all of the lead time blow outs. Vague unfortunately is best at the moment.

Nov 14, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #1,004 of 7,191
The new consoles only came out this week right? Man I always thought I had high expectations but worrying about having to use some existing earphones for a week or two is next level.
Audeze has had my money since July. They were expected months ago. I came here to let people know shipping has begun. I’m not worried about having to use other headphones in the meantime. You made that up as part of your strawman argument.

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #1,005 of 7,191
Audeze has had my money since July. They were expected months ago. I came here to let people know shipping has begun. I’m not worried about having to use other headphones in the meantime. You made that up as part of your strawman argument.
Okay? I wasn’t replying to you there though. You got a discount for giving them your money early and were able to refund it at any time you wanted if you weren’t happy.

Anyway, I think I’m looking forward to the headsets arriving so we can start talking about them rather than understandable shipping delays, more than I am to get to use them at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back