Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 14, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #976 of 7,191
When did you order by any chance? And if it did ship today, the shipping doesn't sound "expedited" to me unless they intended on shipping it on Monday.
My original order, for the Penrose, was on July 15th. I changed the order to the Penrose X on October 15th. FedEx doesn’t tell me the service it was shipped with. And Audeze hasn’t even sent a shipping confirmation yet, which would hopefully clear up which product they shipped.

Nov 14, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #977 of 7,191
I am happy to wait it's frustrating being used to a headset but it's not the end of the world. I just hope this headset is good my friend keeps telling me its stereo only and that's bad for fps type games where footsteps are important (not sure what he meant by that) Or how stereo is bad for that. I ordered these because I owned the Mobius previously.

Every single headset in existence is stereo. The only difference is some headsets do virtualization to try and mimic surround, which most times actually messes with what the developers intended. I have heard some good attempts at surround on headphones and I also play FPS, but a really good pair of stereo headphones should be better in most cases. If you watch the big streamers, most have audiophile grade open backs with a separate shure SM7 on a boom stand for their mic.

Nov 14, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #978 of 7,191
Every single headset in existence is stereo. The only difference is some headsets do virtualization to try and mimic surround, which most times actually messes with what the developers intended. I have heard some good attempts at surround on headphones and I also play FPS, but a really good pair of stereo headphones should be better in most cases. If you watch the big streamers, most have audiophile grade open backs with a separate shure SM7 on a boom stand for their mic.
I hated all headphones surround sound simulation I tried before. Audeze 3D audio was the best to date.

Nov 14, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #979 of 7,191
I am wondering what the companion app and firmware updating experience will be like with Penrose. As a console gamer who doesn't even really use or have a PC, I have found the Mobius a bit nightmarish to keep updated (I don't think I'm even running the current firmware anymore). I'm assuming it will be the same with Penrose as far as this is concerned? I sure wish there were a way to keep the thing updated via the Mac OS.

Nov 14, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #983 of 7,191
Just made my account to let you guys know my Pentose shipped yesterday. I ordered July 15th and per the shipping it should be here Thursday the 19th. I would have thought they made shipping faster due to all the delays but what can you do.
If that's expedited shipping, then what would have standard shipping been?....2-3 weeks probably.

Nov 14, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #985 of 7,191
Just made my account to let you guys know my Pentose shipped yesterday. I ordered July 15th and per the shipping it should be here Thursday the 19th. I would have thought they made shipping faster due to all the delays but what can you do.
Probably won't ship until Monday tbh. But if not that is pretty underwhe
Yeah I was shocked. I just ordered a iPhone case from Apple and it was 2 day shipping for free meanwhile this is a week shipping.
Has it actually shipped or only the label created? If it shipped, does it show movement within tracking?

Also it's FedEx, right? Which service are they using, ground lmao? Cuz 1 week turnaround is not expedited at all

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #986 of 7,191
Has it actually shipped or only the label created? If it shipped, does it show movement within tracking?

Also it's FedEx, right? Which service are they using, ground lmao? Cuz 1 week turnaround is not expedited at all

Shipped just now, delivery 11/20

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #987 of 7,191

Yes Fedex has possession of it and it is showing movement. They shipped it with FedEx Home Delivery and signature required.

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #990 of 7,191
Hi everyone, like a few here I'm new to the forum and am VERY excited to try these out whenever I receive them. I placed my Penrose order pretty late, November 5th, after being disappointed with the Logitech wireless Lightspeeds I ordered to finally go wireless for this generation of consoles. My Amazon return is ready to go for those, just waiting on some shipping info from Audeze. I'm not very confident I'll be in the first batch, but my fingers are tightly crossed.

Decided to stick with Penrose as I will not be buying an Xbox this gen (PC + PS5). I've never listened to a planar magnetic headset so I'm very excited to try these out. Cheers everyone, a big thank you for keeping me informed, and good luck with your orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back