Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 13, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #964 of 7,191
I am a little late to the show, placed my order today (missed out on the pre-order deal), because I was going to use Astro A50 for gaming, but the mess of wires needed to make that work on PS5 is insane and I am throwing in the towel. You need an adapter, toslink, multiple HDMI and on top of that, it doesn't support HDMI 2.1. I know orders will ship next week for folks who pre-ordered, but I really hope I can still make this first batch.

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #968 of 7,191
Would it be such a bad idea to remove the stock ear pads and put some of the grey/(colour of your choice) replacement ear pads from the mobius? As the majority of the colour appears to be on the ear pads themselves.

*edit*
upon inspection it does seem that absolute majority of the colour is on the ear pads, while the backs of the drivers are neutral, leaving only the logo as a faint green/blue.
Unfortunately the coll
I am a little late to the show, placed my order today (missed out on the pre-order deal), because I was going to use Astro A50 for gaming, but the mess of wires needed to make that work on PS5 is insane and I am throwing in the towel. You need an adapter, toslink, multiple HDMI and on top of that, it doesn't support HDMI 2.1. I know orders will ship next week for folks who pre-ordered, but I really hope I can still make this first batch.
Nice choice. With many cancellations from the not so patient ones. You may sneak up the list. Good luck!

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #969 of 7,191
Unfortunately the coll
Nice choice. With many cancellations from the not so patient ones. You may sneak up the list. Good luck!
I am happy to wait it's frustrating being used to a headset but it's not the end of the world. I just hope this headset is good my friend keeps telling me its stereo only and that's bad for fps type games where footsteps are important (not sure what he meant by that) Or how stereo is bad for that. I ordered these because I owned the Mobius previously.

Nov 13, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #972 of 7,191
Penrose X might be shipping soon. Just got an email from FedEx letting me know Audeze printed my shipping label. Estimated delivery 11/20

excellent! I did think they were shipping Penrose before X though? I pre-ordered Penrose on July 27 but haven’t received any tracking info 😅

Nov 13, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #973 of 7,191
Penrose X might be shipping soon. Just got an email from FedEx letting me know Audeze printed my shipping label. Estimated delivery 11/20
Are you sure that is not the regular Penrose? Should be a mistake cojside
excellent! I did think they were shipping Penrose before X though? I pre-ordered Penrose on July 27 but haven’t received any tracking info 😅
Tbh that should be a mistake and should probably be for the X.

He should really call up Audeze for clarification

Nov 13, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #974 of 7,191
Are you sure that is not the regular Penrose? Should be a mistake cojside
Tbh that should be a mistake and should probably be for the X.

He should really call up Audeze for clarification
Certainly a possibility. I originally ordered a Penrose before switching out to the X version about a month ago; with all the delays, I wouldn’t be all that surprised if they ship my original order without the change. Just received another tracking update, FedEx officially has the package and has updated delivery to 11/19.

Nov 14, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #975 of 7,191
Certainly a possibility. I originally ordered a Penrose before switching out to the X version about a month ago; with all the delays, I wouldn’t be all that surprised if they ship my original order without the change. Just received another tracking update, FedEx officially has the package and has updated delivery to 11/19.
When did you order by any chance? And if it did ship today, the shipping doesn't sound "expedited" to me unless they intended on shipping it on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back