Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Oct 28, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #601 of 7,196
I know that the PS4 have 2.4ghz bluetooth and the Penrose have 5.0. The 5.0 bluetooth is only backwards compatible with 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. Is the best option to use the wifi-dongle that comes with the headphones to the PS4, and buy a Bluetooth 5.0 dongle and insert in my PC, or vice versa? Any recommandations?

I'm not sure on their PS4 functionality, however i believe you are mixing up bluetooth's frequency (2.4Ghz) which is the same on all bluetooth devices vs the version number, which from a quick google is 4.0 on the PS4.

Oct 29, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #603 of 7,196
Oct 29, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #604 of 7,196
So the 'shipping October 2020' on the HiFi Headphones page in the UK is looking an impossibility now - maybe the Scan UK date of 25th November is more realistic.

I've cancelled my order again for now - both the UK suppliers above take payment on order - with the delays so far, that's not for me.

I'll be trying the Sony Pulse 3D which are arriving in 2 weeks (which I appreciate won't be of the same audio quality) and will wait for user reviews of the Penrose, the faint hope of the Penrose X also working on the PS5 and by then the Amazon UK listing might have updated which will enable me only to have to pay on despatch with a great returns policy if these don't hit the spot.

Will be keenly watching this thread in the meantime.

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #612 of 7,196
Thank you very much! That was the main reason for buying these, I wanted to use them at the same time with my PC and PS4. Any recommendations for which Bluetooth dongle I should get?

Same here its the reason I wanted them too. So I can have discord going on my computer and playing my console at the same time. I personally don't have any recommendations as my computer has built-in Bluetooth, but I'm sure some other people may.

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #613 of 7,196
Here's the last email update I received direct from Audeze. I'm pretty sure it's already been discussed above, but this was from Aug. 23rd.

" As we write this, mass production for Penrose (PlayStation version) is underway! We expect these units to begin shipping within about one week. We will make you aware of exact dates once they become available, but we expect all PlayStation Penrose pre-order units to be shipped by the first week of November or earlier! All pre-order units, including both Penrose and Penrose X, will be upgraded to expedited shipping at no additional cost. Tracking emails will be sent as soon as your order is ready for shipment. "

That's why I said earlier that I was excited to spam my refresh button on my email. I live in USA, and I ordered the ps4 version directly from Audeze. They say here that they expect penrose units to begin shipping within one week. Tomorrow would be the end of that week. They also say that they expect ALL playstation pre-order units to be shipped by the 1st week of Nov. So I'm still giving them until the 7th before I start worrying about another delay. I would assume if there is one, we would hear directly from them once again. My fingers are crossed that this is not the case, though. I know we are all excited to get our hands on these here in this thread.

Oct 29, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #614 of 7,196
I could be wrong here but keep in mind when you see these updates from Audeze they are probably only regarding pre-ordered Penrose units direct from them. I think they will probably ship those to customers direct from the factory in China, I believe this is how they did it with the Mobius Indiegogo units.

For people who order from a distributor like all these ones in Europe people are mentioning, the Penrose units would have to first be shipped from the factory in China to the distributor in their respective country, then the distributor has to process it in their inventory and ship it out to their customers. That is why you are seeing these estimated ship dates from them that are usually several weeks longer than what Audeze is saying in their updates. It is going to be faster direct from Audeze because a whole middle process is being cut out of the chain. Also, I would think they would give priority of the initial production allocation more towards their direct pre-orders vs distributors.

Hopefully, we get an update from them tomorrow that shipping has commenced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back