Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
May 19, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #5,926 of 7,191
I made a Head-Fi account solely so I could ask for this favor. With the recent firmware update for Penrose, all my EQ presets were wiped from the HQ app. I wish I knew this would happen before, because my computer is broken, which means I can't re-download the preset files. Can anyone take screenshots of the EQ settings for some of the presets/write out the settings? I'm really just looking for their "Footsteps" preset settings, but I also use "Ballistic," "EDM," "Warm," and "Gentle & Acoustic." I know this is a tedious thing to ask, but I've tried everything else. Thank you!!

there is a warning about that in the firmware note

Any stored EQ profiles will be reset to zero upon update. If you have any custom EQ profiles loaded, please save them to the hard drive of your Windows or Mac computer before proceeding, so they can be reloaded after update.

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #5,928 of 7,191
there is a warn about that in the firmware note

Any stored EQ profiles will be reset to zero upon update. If you have any custom EQ profiles loaded, please save them to the hard drive of your Windows or Mac computer before proceeding, so they can be reloaded after update.
Yeah, lucky me, I learned that just a few minutes after downloading the update. At least I know now for next time.

May 19, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #5,929 of 7,191
May 20, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #5,931 of 7,191
Android app Question

Please can someone who uses the Android App tell me if it has ALL the same functionality as the Windows HQ app ?

I can’t find any you tube reviews of the Android app.

many thanks

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #5,932 of 7,191
The other day my headphones fell from roughly thigh height off of my desk. They aren't what they used to be... They don't seem to measure battery charge correctly. Either that or they're just randomly turning off for no reason at times. I'm pretty sadface and I only have myself to blame. Don't drop these things under any circumstance. The Penrose are not built to take damage.

May 20, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #5,933 of 7,191
How are people's headbands holding out in terms of snugness? As many others experienced, I found them relatively snug out of the box but they loosened up pretty quickly, to the point now where they're quite a bit looser fitting than my Mobius (if you hold the two side by side, the gap between the earcups is noticeably wider on the Penrose). I wouldn't quite call them "too" loose and I have a relatively big head so I haven't really noticed any issues with the seal being affected or anything, but I wouldn't want the band to let off any more than it already has.

May 20, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #5,934 of 7,191
That’s because the wireless headset / headphones world is a sad place lol. I’m sure the Pandas can compete though.

I was thinking about ordering the Penrose tomorrow, just to see how they compare to my DT770(250hm) & Receiver, which sound fantastic. I mean, if they can't match or get close to what i already have than i'll probably just stick to wired for now, as much as i hate the wire! :p My Wire's Coiled, which is ever worse.

May 20, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #5,935 of 7,191
I was thinking about ordering the Penrose tomorrow, just to see how they compare to my DT770(250hm) & Receiver, which sound fantastic. I mean, if they can't match or get close to what i already have than i'll probably just stick to wired for now, as much as i hate the wire! :p My Wire's Coiled, which is ever worse.
Detachable cable mod is always an option. The 770 are actually a really great headphone for their price.

May 20, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #5,936 of 7,191
Detachable cable mod is always an option. The 770 are actually a really great headphone for their price.
There's no way I'd attempt at modding my 770's, but i would definitely send them out and pay somebody do it depending on the price and if there's zero compromises to sound quality. I'd be happy with just a regular straight wire installed to be honest. The coiled wire is annoying and looks so dated.

Still, i'd rather go for the Penrose, but not if i'm sacrificing too much sound quality.

May 21, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #5,938 of 7,191
Is there a way to roll back drivers? I don't know if it was because of a fall or because of the driver update at this point. My headphones SEEM to work phone when using the dongle but will randomly turn off when connected via bluetooth. Anywhere from immediately to a minute or so in.

May 22, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #5,939 of 7,191
you are the second one here with that problem
Break in the same place?? This one broke at the rotating joint itself and not at the pivot point. You can even see the shear lines on this one, so either bubbles in the moulding or it was indeed overloaded. 50/50 but taking the OP word for it would be a genuine defect in the moulding.

But not the weak point that a few more have seen break inc on the Mobile thread. That's at the sharp crease/cutaway at the join of the Y joining the band. That is design issue that any engineer I'm sure would discourage because sharply acute angle changes focus stress just at that point. The shoulders should be rounded or at worst just square edge.

May 22, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #5,940 of 7,191
Any drop outs during gaming or movies within lets say 10 - 11 feet? Knowing me i wouldn't be able to tolerate a single drop out.:sleepy:
Latency is 16ms, in comparison to 7ms of a wired set of cans. That's slightly over double the amount of latency so you'd think there would be a slight audio delay weather you're gaming or watching a movie(Lip Syncing issues) unless you have Sync settings on your TV, AND finally i hope there's barely any sound leak. They are closed after all so you'd think they would be in the same ball park as the DT770's. I'm going to order a pair on Monday, hopefully they deliver!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back