Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Mar 19, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #5,463 of 7,191
You can easily measure this. The new capsules are far better (and pricier ! )
Hey @Audeze, is it possible for you to add an option to change the strength of mic monitoring? I'm barely able to hear my voice once gaming... Basically it is pretty useless right now. Do you even consider adding such function? In Arctis Pro Wireless it was working absolutely great and once set the mic monitoring to max, I could hear myself very clearly, not having to scream whilst talking.

Mar 19, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #5,464 of 7,191
i do hope they find a way to fix the disconnect issue with the pops and crackles and sudden 100% volume , im pretty sure it was the cause of damaging the diaphram, i also dont think its a connection issue, already tried it once with everything turned off router phones and gadgets, it still did that, im leaning more towards the usb connection, i think the usbs power and ports can be configured by windows os or the chip, and for some reason it makes it unsable, because the first time i got the penrose i had the worst disconnects and pops crackes, it was like every 5 to 6 mins sometimes 4 to 5 times in a row, then i found a option on the motherboard bios that you can turn on and let windows control the usb port or something and i did that, it was like a 80% improvement in a instant
then before that i had a computer in the office a long long time ago, and had two phones, i will connect it to my pc to like grabe some files or even movies to pass to friends , and when you connect it it will update the usb driver for file sharing, and what we notice it had a bug, my main phone that time was a samsung and one of my friend had a diffrent phone brand, everytime he comes by and plugs his phone the pc will updata the usb driver and then after if i use my samsung phone it will just keep disconnecting, cant finish a file copy, at first i had to reformat the pc so it will go back to normal and i can use my samsung phone again to data transfer on my pc, then few week my friend was back and copied a file again and then it happend again, so i did so troubleshoot till i found the culprit was the usb driver so his phone would communicate with the pc and bugs my phone out, also tried a newest update for usb 3.0 i think and it a no go , its lik my samsung phone wanted its on usb driver installed or a version of it that matches the phone

so i think audeze need to look into the penrose driver, if it can make a driver to make things stable on the usb hardware side, cause i really observe its not a wifi interference its more of a usb sort of interference thier communication or current setting, to make it stable

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #5,465 of 7,191
The "connected" issue is driving me nuts. These worked flawlessly on my PS5 for the first couple months. Zero connection dropouts, only a random crackle/pop here or there which was more than tolerable.

Now I can't go more than a few minutes without getting the connected error.

Does anyone have tips for how to solve this? Would resetting them help?

Mar 19, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #5,467 of 7,191
Yes. We are adding a new mode that you can move to with the button. Not sure if it will make it in the next release or we will do it in a future release.

Way better solution to the "Connected" issue would be just remove the message from repeating. It's fine it tells it once when you turn on the headphones but there's no benefit to hearing it when you walk out of range.

Mar 19, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #5,469 of 7,191
The "connected" issue is driving me nuts. These worked flawlessly on my PS5 for the first couple months. Zero connection dropouts, only a random crackle/pop here or there which was more than tolerable.

Now I can't go more than a few minutes without getting the connected error.

Does anyone have tips for how to solve this? Would resetting them help?
I kept getting that while using the front USB port on my PS5. Switching to the back port fixed it for me.

Mar 19, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #5,470 of 7,191
Hey @Audeze, is it possible for you to add an option to change the strength of mic monitoring? I'm barely able to hear my voice once gaming... Basically it is pretty useless right now. Do you even consider adding such function? In Arctis Pro Wireless it was working absolutely great and once set the mic monitoring to max, I could hear myself very clearly, not having to scream whilst talking.

hey - they replied only a few posts ago. if you can't wait read the guide on their website (I think it's on the Mobius FAQ pages) about balancing system volume and hardware headset volume. (mic monitoring is affected more by the latter)

Mar 19, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #5,471 of 7,191
Way better solution to the "Connected" issue would be just remove the message from repeating. It's fine it tells it once when you turn on the headphones but there's no benefit to hearing it when you walk out of range.
its not about just walking out of range lots of people have problems with it on pc and even with the dongle infront of you, for it i get the dongle as far away from the pc and is right on my side just like 2 feet and still gets the connection issue with pops and crackles and disconnects

Mar 19, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #5,472 of 7,191
hey - they replied only a few posts ago. if you can't wait read the guide on their website (I think it's on the Mobius FAQ pages) about balancing system volume and hardware headset volume. (mic monitoring is affected more by the latter)

Hey, I'm sorry, I might be a "little" inexperienced guy in terms of sound-related hardware (I truly am, no doubt) and I do not quite understand what is the relation between what you've said and the mic monitoring function? I just want to hear my voice loud and clear so I'm not having to scream instead of talking lol. This is all I need to be perfectly happy with the headset, really.

Mar 20, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #5,474 of 7,191
Way better solution to the "Connected" issue would be just remove the message from repeating
Completely agree, having to cycle between inputs is a bit tedious... I already have to re enable BT every time i power it on... I really hope the blue button (and the mute switch) are durable, I will be using them massively

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back