Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 24, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #3,766 of 7,191
I have had a ton of disconnect issues and did the same thing you did and placed the dongle on the top of the CPU case. It seems to have helped quite a bit but it's still susceptible to quite a bit of interference. I have also noticed an issue while enabling spatial sound options like Atmos and DTS: X, They appear to pop and crackle and seem to intermittently drop audio. Windows Sonic appears to work just fine (and stereo) but nothing else. Has anyone else experienced the spatial sound issues?
No. I’ve been using dts:x the whole time. Maybe one or two pop noises but pretty sure that is just 2.4 interference. 0 disconnects through about 10 hours of wear.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #3,767 of 7,191
Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #3,768 of 7,191
I have also noticed an issue while enabling spatial sound options like Atmos and DTS: X, They appear to pop and crackle and seem to intermittently drop audio. Windows Sonic appears to work just fine (and stereo) but nothing else. Has anyone else experienced the spatial sound issues?

me too i thought it was wireless interference.

like when i play battlefield and use the in-game 3d audio with windows spatial off( i have both THX and atmos) the audio plays clearly with no interference or clicking.

but when i use spatial and change game audio to speakers or headphones i hear clicking and drop out every 10 seconds.

Dec 24, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #3,769 of 7,191
Ordered in UK last week. Came in 2 days.

First impressions
Comfortable (and I have a very big head and ears) but top padding could be more shapely. Clamping is fine. Ears do get a little hot but not issue wearing for several hours
Wireless range is poor (approx 4-5m) but ok provided you are not moving around. I have tried all ps5 usbs. This is a big downgrade from my steelseries 7.
Sound is nice and consistently good across games and music
Bluetooth is so loud over wireless if playing music it makes it kind of useless which is a real shame. I saw that they might address this. Need to test with discord chat. But I cant see how it will work when you cant hear your game well enough.
Very premium feel overall.
Mic is a good improvement over steelseries. Side tone is v.good too.
Looking forward to playing around with eq setting in android app

The Android app has a bt volume control

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #3,770 of 7,191
Dec 24, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #3,771 of 7,191
#happyholidays from everyone here at Audeze! Penrose Android App is up, We have preset packs for #penrose here: https://bit.ly/2WINDfv and more help resources on youtube and zendesk YT: https://bit.ly/3aJvQgqmore ZD: https://bit.ly/3nNXywk for Discord users.
Stay Safe and Merry Christmas.

thanks @Audeze also got a new shipping update from you guys talking about the delays for some shipments, appreciate the update on Christmas Eve. Have a safe and Happy Christmas

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #3,773 of 7,191
Yup! Our headphones are certainly on the same flight. See you in Kentucky

Wow surprisingly my switched from Taiwan to Anhorage on the same scan from earlier Today. it no longer shows trace that they were in Taiwan.... Now I just hope that my headphones are apart of that shipment batch 🤞🏾 😬. Along with all people who have confirmed delivery dates, because I have no updated confirmation. it’s still saying check back tomorrow? Hmmm curious, I wonder if UPS still delivers on Christmas Day in case this batch reaches there hub destinations for delivery

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #3,774 of 7,191
Wow surprisingly my switched from Taiwan to Anhorage on the same scan from earlier Today. it no longer shows trace that they were in Taiwan.... Now I just hope that my headphones are apart of that shipment batch 🤞🏾 😬. Along with all people who have confirmed delivery dates, because I have no updated confirmation. it’s still saying check back tomorrow? Hmmm curious, I wonder if UPS still delivers on Christmas Day in case this batch reaches there hub destinations for delivery

So UPS only does critical stuff-on Christmas Day, guess we’re hoping for Saturday or Sunday

Dec 24, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #3,776 of 7,191

We’ll likely see an update tonight, headphones land in KY shortly.

Does your scan show departed Anchorage at 2:23pm?

Dec 25, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #3,779 of 7,191
I played with the app tonight. It was nice to be able to switch presets on the fly without having to plug into a computer. But I do think audeze should add the custom presets in a list on the app to select from. I would also like to be able to rename the presets. Kind of hard to remember what I applied to what. The blue tooth volume control works well. It's nice I can apply backgrounds. It would have been even nicer being told what I was d doing when it told me to select a photo. Also it would be nice to be able to remove them instead of just changing what photo is in each slot.

I noticed a lot more crackling and popping tonight while gaming. I did a headphone test <------that one
I noticed the cracking and popping stats on the second test at 10k hz and increases in frequency until 15k hz when my headphones cut out completely and won't play anything above that. Anyone else able to replicate? I'm wondering if it's noises on this hz range that is causing crackles and pops in games.

I have been playing with my 7p that I picked up as well. I have to do the headphone test on that one yet but sounds is definitely worse then the Penrose. They are so much more comfortable though. I'm attempting to play with the equalizer to get them sounding better, but not much luck so far.

Honestly if the crackling and popping could be spotted on the Penrose I would be happy. Especially with the app availability and being able to swap EQ on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back