Audeze Particles - Video
Dec 10, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #91 of 116
Quote:
Seriously?

There is nothing in this video that even comes close to purporting to be any kind of technical or engineering demonstration.  Audeze did not make this video to show off their achievements.  Anyone who thinks Audeze is trying to demonstrate some science or engineering or the superiority of their own brand is naive - Audeze knows the video is wholly devoid of such information.  (If anything, the video exposes technical imperfections, or at least where engineering falls short of theory.)  After all, Audeze is a SUPERIOR engineering firm that created a superior acoustic driver through superior technical knowledge.  You can bet your life's savings AND your firstborn child that their staff, more than ~99.8% of the people on Head-Fi, understand just how little, technically, is being shown in this video.

The point is to invite the public at large to observe, remember, and most especially marvel at the physics of a man-made device generating a natural phenomenon - mechanical drivers reproducing recorded music.  Hold your criticism and be in awe.

I bet you also hate puppies.

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #92 of 116
I think they just made this video for fun and just wanted to show what it looked like. I dont get why so many people in this thread are getting angry at Audeze because of this video.

Because they have nothing better to do. Audeze could have made a video of people's reactions to hearing the LCD-3 for the first time and they would have written it off as being fake and proving nothing and a waist of time blah blah blah. It was a fun video that was probably fun to shoot and most fun to watch. Some people just need things to be mad at I guess...

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #93 of 116
Quote:
Seriously?

There is nothing in this video that even comes close to purporting to be any kind of technical or engineering demonstration.  Audeze did not make this video to show off their achievements.  Anyone who thinks Audeze is trying to demonstrate some science or engineering or the superiority of their own brand is naive - Audeze knows the video is wholly devoid of such information.  (If anything, the video exposes technical imperfections, or at least where engineering falls short of theory.)  After all, Audeze is a SUPERIOR engineering firm that created a superior acoustic driver through superior technical knowledge.  You can bet your life's savings AND your firstborn child that their staff, more than ~99.8% of the people on Head-Fi, understand just how little, technically, is being shown in this video.

The point is to invite the public at large to observe, remember, and most especially marvel at the physics of a man-made device generating a natural phenomenon - mechanical drivers reproducing recorded music.  Hold your criticism and be in awe.

Calm down and do not be so grumpy. I do not have many technical knowledge about drivers, physics and etc., but at least this video is provided for promotional purposes, ant most important - it is interesting and entertaining.

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #94 of 116
Quote:
Seriously?

Well I suppose that's true. However this was on Head-Fi's front page, so I was expecting something more significant out of the video...it wasn't THAT entertaining to watch. Having subwoofers move water around or warping things is much more interesting to watch than flying particles in my honest opinion.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #98 of 116
I wish there was a local place where I live where I could demo these. I guess I'll just have to buy them. 
frown.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #104 of 116
Quote:
I wish there was a local place where I live where I could demo these. I guess I'll just have to buy them. 
frown.gif

That's what I did! ... It worked out quite well!  
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back