Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v109)
Apr 24, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #3,106 of 4,480
Hello everyone,
Could you please help me:
I would like to use the Maxwell on XBOX and PC so I have two questions please:
1/ To avoid disconnecting/reconnecting the dongle, can I use a usb switch? (usb 3 or 2?)
2/ In your opinion, by using a switch, will I lose audio quality?

Thank you in advance to the community for your answers.

@Audeze Hello, If you can answer me please. :pray::pray::pray:
THANK YOU

1) Yes, USB 2.0 is sufficient.

2) No.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 24, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #3,108 of 4,480
Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #3,109 of 4,480
Got the Maxwell and had about 30 minutes to use them in game. First off, nice piece of kit. Feels good, setup was easy. Great quality build, overall feel, and features. Sound is great as expected. I am still getting static when using sidetone - headset and firmware updated - so I guess that is a work in progress still?

One issue is with BF2042 I like to play with a stereo uncompressed mix into the headphones and let 2042's 3d headphone mix do its job - I find footsteps the best this way. But with the Maxwell now, the option for stereo uncompressed is gone, which I would use with my wired sennheister setup. any advice on how to use stereo uncompressed with the Maxwell instead of Dolby Atmos?

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #3,110 of 4,480
Got the Maxwell and had about 30 minutes to use them in game. First off, nice piece of kit. Feels good, setup was easy. Great quality build, overall feel, and features. Sound is great as expected. I am still getting static when using sidetone - headset and firmware updated - so I guess that is a work in progress still?

One issue is with BF2042 I like to play with a stereo uncompressed mix into the headphones and let 2042's 3d headphone mix do its job - I find footsteps the best this way. But with the Maxwell now, the option for stereo uncompressed is gone, which I would use with my wired sennheister setup. any advice on how to use stereo uncompressed with the Maxwell instead of Dolby Atmos?
Are you wired with USBC cable? If your wireless then it's compressed Bluetooth so it makes sense the option would not be there.

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #3,111 of 4,480
@Audeze just had a read through the Toms Hardware review (https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/audeze-maxwell)

Naturally, the Maxwell scores excellently, I find some of the critiques in the write-up pointless (as did the writer it seems) given that the Maxwell is not positioned as a multi-purpose headphone, but an audiophile gaming headset, however the one criticism that stuck out was the multi-point connection and inability to switch sources.

This has previously been discussed, but isn't it the case that the dongle doesn't actually utilise 2.4ghz wireless and is instead using the LE/LC3 BT codec for main connection? As such, it makes that particular critique technically incorrect based on the specs of the product?

I suppose the point I'm making here is that this particular aspect isn't abundantly clear when talking in vague terms such as this in the official product description:
  • Ultra-Low Latency Wireless with 3X Range of Traditional 2.4Ghz
  • First-in-Class Bluetooth 5.3 supports LE Audio, LC3plus, LDAC

Also glad to see other users finally getting their Maxwells too, such a great product!

Why would you want it to play audio from 2 sources at the same time? From her descirption it sounds like its working exactly how I want it to work...

I hope Audeze implementrs an automatic standby feature when there's no audio playing for X minutes (hopefully adjustable in the app).

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #3,112 of 4,480
Lol. Maybe they saw my post...

The imaging performance is disappointing, as is the wireless latency. Perhaps the imaging issue is just a bad unit, but the wireless latency is probably similar across all units.
Our measurements are much lower consistently. We'll be addressing this with them.

On a very, VERY personal note (not as Audeze), I like Rtings for their monitor/tv content. Their headphone content however... not so much. Somethings can't be measured, yet they somehow managed to find some metrics for them. Like imaging and soundstage.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #3,113 of 4,480
Our measurements are 20ms consistently. So they are not doing something correctly.

On a very, VERY personal note (not as Audeze), I like Rtings for their monitor/tv content. Their headphone content however... not so much. Some of their metrics are absolutely baffling. Somethings can't be measured, yet they somehow managed to find some metrics for them. Like imaging and soundstage.

Is that 20ms latency with RF 2.4 GHz or BT on a PC?

I 100% agree regarding rtings.com. When it comes to headphones they can't really be trusted, and as you say - some things just can NOT be measured. Yet they manage to.

I would love to see LTT Labs take on Audeze Maxwell, I'm surprised they haven't done it yet. They got the equipment and skills to do a good review!

Apr 24, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #3,115 of 4,480
WE should have something for you guys to reference in the future. Stay tuned.

Even their TV reviews are meh in my opinion. They have missed some really glaring problems before, and it has burned me personally.

As a previous Samsung G8 Oled owner, I agree.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #3,117 of 4,480
Are you wired with USBC cable? If your wireless then it's compressed Bluetooth so it makes sense the option would not be there.
Duh@me

Thanks for pointing that out.

So there is no way to bypass any audio enhancements like atmos or dts or Windows Sonic when using Bluetooth from the Xbox?

Apr 24, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #3,119 of 4,480
Yes you can. You just have to turn it off in the device settings.
Thanks. I looked quickly but I had to run to work, but didn't see anything. I'll check later when I have time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back