Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 18, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #2,627 of 4,465
Just a heads up for anyone else in the U.K like me. I reached out to Audeze U.K yesterday asking for an ETA on my pre-order from mid December. We are looking at another 3-5 week wait! Disappointing considering there are people in the U.S receiving theirs already only having placed their order in February. And we pay more for the headset in the U.K!

Mar 18, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #2,628 of 4,465
I'm a bit concerned about the sidetone situation. There is still hope that it can be improved via firmware, but one person has confirmed via reddit that they returned because of the sidetone and got a new unit and the new one didn't have the issue, so it might be a hardware problem with some units. I don't think I can even return mine anymore, so that sucks if it can't be fixed.

Mar 18, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #2,629 of 4,465
Just a heads up for anyone else in the U.K like me. I reached out to Audeze U.K yesterday asking for an ETA on my pre-order from mid December. We are looking at another 3-5 week wait! Disappointing considering there are people in the U.S receiving theirs already only having placed their order in February. And we pay more for the headset in the U.K!
Yeah, guess its the same in most of Europe...Thankfully for Audeze there's really no competition in this field as of now :)

Mar 18, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #2,630 of 4,465
Question for @Mad Lust Envy @Audeze @GadgetryTech , and really the whole Maxwell community in regards to the Maxwell X:
(And sorry if this has been somewhat answered, but I'm still a little confused. And really could use some clarification):

- My current setup = Xbox Series X, Maxwell X, using Dolby Atmos on the Xbox with the following settings: Game Mode, Performance Mode = ON
(this basically defaults you to a flat EQ in Atmos, or at least it appears that way, as there is no way to edit the EQ, with Performance Mode = ON)
** And Yes, I'm on the most recent firmware V38, just released yesterday, headset and Dongle **

Finally the Question (sorry took long enough, right?)
- When I cycle through the EQ's on the Maxwell headset (for example "Competition, Footsteps, Immersive, Bass Boost, Treble Boost, Audeze, and so on"
- Is this actually changing the EQ and the way the headset should sound / perform?
I've only done several hours of testing (trying the different EQ profiles) via games like = BF2042, Warzone 2, Halo Infinite
And at this point, I can't really say that I can tell / notice a big difference between the EQ profiles on the Maxwell X.
Part of me thinks I'm hearing / noticing a subtle difference (like I'm leaning towards Immersive over the others), but I'm honestly not sure at times.

I bring this up, because other headsets I've owned (Turtle Beaches, Astro's, Steel Series, Lucid Sound.., and so on...) I found the EQ changes much more noticeable.
And it was very easy to tell / say, "I prefer EQ X over EQ Y on theses headset." And yes, those headsets don't compare to the Maxwell (in my opinion, even though I still have some love for the Steel Series), as I am / was a Penrose user as well.

So..., maybe I'm getting old, maybe a little crazy, or maybe I haven't spent enough time with the Maxwell X yet to notice the difference.
But I would really like to know / understand this...., Is my setup wrong / correct? Should I notice a difference? I anyone else having trouble hearing the difference between the EQ profiles and so on? The more advice / feedback the better, it's much appreciated. Love being part of a community of passionate audio / tech enthusiast.

Mar 18, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #2,631 of 4,465
Hello.

Can I get a confirmation that the Playstation version of the headphone works perfectly fine with PC? I have a PS5 but not any Xbox console so I'm planning to buy the ps ver. but I'm also gaming on PC.

Thanks!
i have those and i don’t have a PS . exclusively on pc, works fine. i set my eq presets in a samsung tablet. works fine on pc

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #2,632 of 4,465
Finally the Question (sorry took long enough, right?)
- When I cycle through the EQ's on the Maxwell headset (for example "Competition, Footsteps, Immersive, Bass Boost, Treble Boost, Audeze, and so on"
- Is this actually changing the EQ and the way the headset should sound / perform?
I've only done several hours of testing (trying the different EQ profiles) via games like = BF2042, Warzone 2, Halo Infinite
Yes. This is changing the EQ on the headset. The changes are a little more subtle compared to other headsets where some of the EQ modes are weirdly jacked up, to the point things like "cinema mode" are almost unlistenable. But you should be able to notice difference with presets like footsteps etc. You can use a sine sweep and try the EQ presets and you should be able to discern the differences.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 18, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #2,633 of 4,465
Hey there. FormGermany, I ordered mine mid feb (PS5 version) and received it from Audeze‘s authorized seller today.
BTW: the German seller Thomann still have some Maxwell in stock, might be interesting for anybody wanting to buy here in EU

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #2,635 of 4,465
Hey there. FormGermany, I ordered mine mid feb (PS5 version) and received it from Audeze‘s authorized seller today.
BTW: the German seller Thomann still have some Maxwell in stock, might be interesting for anybody wanting to buy here in EU
Did you order it from audeze UK,I ordered mine from Audeze USA I didn't know Audeze UK exsited at the time I ordered mine in February.

Mar 19, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #2,637 of 4,465
Did you order it from audeze UK,I ordered mine from Audeze USA I didn't know Audeze UK exsited at the time I ordered mine in February.
No sir, I initially ordered via Audeze US which was around 50 Euro cheaper (even including shipping from US to GER) but cancelled that order after Audeze confirmed that any warranty claims would have to run through them in the US. Didn't wanna risk it so re-ordered via the German distributor

Mar 19, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #2,639 of 4,465
Yeah, guess its the same in most of Europe...Thankfully for Audeze there's really no competition in this field as of now :)
I ordered from Proshop and I got mine last week. I guess I just got lucky. They had the Maxwell PS available on their website for 1 hour, I ordered in that timeframe, then it disappeared and never came online since. Maybe checking the websites regularly is a good advise.

Mar 19, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #2,640 of 4,465
It seems like the sidetone is before the noise suppression at least on the non boom mic. The noise seems like its room noise, it doesn't seem to even have a noise gate, which personally I prefer on mics, because most of the time you can't control it and I'm sick of not hearing the beginning of words or the end of words for friends mics. Back to the sidetone, perhaps switching the signal to the post Noise suppressed signal would be better. I'm not sure about the boom mic though, I had a vacuum on and had sidetone on and no matter what I had the setting to for noise suppression I don't think I could hear it in the headphones. I'm on xbox version and purposefully didn't upgrade firmware.

My question... How does auto power off work? I set it to 15 minutes (dongle connected to windows 10 pc, nothing paired on bluetooth, no usb cable/aux) Even if all sounds are off, it doesn't seem to auto power off. Even at 80 hours it stinks to have to remember to turn it off at the end of the day, so it would be nice if it powered off when no sound plays for the set time rather than the computer/xbox is off, starting the timer then (I'm assuming thats whats happening now?).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back