Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #2,401 of 4,459
Spent 3 hours yesterday revisiting tracks just with iPhone via Bluetooth. Very impressed with the sound. Usb-C to MacBook sounded slightly better, but whatever BT codec the iPhone and these handshake over seemed plenty good enough.

Actually did some multiplayer gaming and teammates said the mic sounded unusually clear. Sidetones mild ”static” doesn’t seem to be an issue for me. Between game audio and voice chat, it’s barely quiet enough to ever notice it. Then when you’re done it’s quick and easy to turn sidetone off for more critical listening.

Still haven’t had a disconnect either, at any range throughout the house.
comparing my iphone to my samsung there’s a difference in sound quality. it’s noticeable. the samsung is better.

Mar 11, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #2,405 of 4,459
Since updating my headset and dongle, on a number of occasions the maxwell turned off abruptly in the middle of gameplay without warning. And I am at 90% battery too. Happened twice today. What the heck is going on. I can manually turn it back on without issue but all the same it is worrying

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #2,406 of 4,459
Since updating my headset and dongle, on a number of occasions the maxwell turned off abruptly in the middle of gameplay without warning. And I am at 90% battery too. Happened twice today. What the heck is going on. It turns back on without issues but it is worrying

Had this happen to me a couple times on PC with the dongle too

Mar 12, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #2,409 of 4,459
I have a question I hope some kind folks on here can help with, maybe even get @Audeze take on it.
With the Xbox version having the Dolby Atmos licence how should we set things up? What I mean is, say I pick the immersive eq on the headset itself should I then go in to the Dolby app on console and set up an eq there or just keep it on Game or Flat setting? Would having the second eq mess with the 1st?

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #2,410 of 4,459
I have a question I hope some kind folks on here can help with, maybe even get @Audeze take on it.
With the Xbox version having the Dolby Atmos licence how should we set things up? What I mean is, say I pick the immersive eq on the headset itself should I then go in to the Dolby app on console and set up an eq there or just keep it on Game or Flat setting? Would having the second eq mess with the 1st?
Change on either the headset or app but not both.

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #2,412 of 4,459
Has anyone managed to figure out why discord sounds sounds bad please?

Loving the build quality and sound quality but the mic sounds pretty bad in discord - worse than Penrose, yet it sounds great in game voip (or so I’m told)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back