Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Feb 18, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #1,366 of 4,465
My shipping label printed today. Hasn't been dropped off yet, but a good sign. I ordered December 12th.

Also, I'd encourage people to check their promotion or even spam folder. Gmail did not send the email to my primary folder, I had to dig through a bunch of promo junk to find the Audeze email.

Looks like I'll have the headset today. I'm no reviewer, so I don't want to comment on sound, but I can provide you all with my assessment of the comfort and weight after using it a couple of hours.

Feb 18, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #1,367 of 4,465
Looks like I'll have the headset today. I'm no reviewer, so I don't want to comment on sound, but I can provide you all with my assessment of the comfort and weight after using it a couple of hours.
Can you test the range when connected to the dongle? The Penrose was terrible in this regard. Interested to see if they’ve improved upon it with these.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #1,368 of 4,465
I'm interested in its passive noise isolation ability. Being a closed back and having electronics inside should help with that but a comment from an actual owner would be more informative :)

Feb 18, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #1,378 of 4,465
Received the headsets today and have about an hour on ps5 under my belt now. Sound quality is amazing. Playing Hogwarts and everything is much cleaner than my previous EPOS cans.

Got on Mic in a party and people say my voice sounds great. Played a song on my phone full blast out of the speaker sitting on my lap. With minimal noise reduction setting the others in my party could barely hear it, and when I upped the noise reduction to max they could not hear it bleeding through at all. They did say that my voice quality lost a bit of bass when I enabled noise cancellation.

Range is far superior to penrose. I got into my garage and outside before I started to get robotic artifacts and dropouts. Speaking from my garage people said my voice sounded robotic. Previously I could not get past my kitchen before dropping.

Comfort seems fine. Only an hour on the head so far. No adjustments needed to headstrap so I can't speak to that. They're definitely heavy, but so far no fatigue or pain from a glasses wearer.

Sidetone is much louder than Penrose. I have it at max and am satisfied with the feedback.

Overall pretty satisfied right now. Seem like a step up from penrose in every way. Gonna slap on some music and go through the EQ later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back