Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Apr 23, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #3,091 of 4,467
If someone in the UK looking for a Maxwell’s mine are for sale on ebay…swap for some IEM’s possible.Headphones used maybe 50h.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpeg
    IMG_0009.jpeg
    799.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0010.jpeg
    IMG_0010.jpeg
    610 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    612.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    492.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    540.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 23, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #3,092 of 4,467
Well u read/watch a review to get their honest opinion. Then you compare those with all the reviews u find. If they start giving a score u can then compare those scores with each review. But if they only use words, its hard to compare "small difference". :p

scores doesn't mean anything either. what's 5 point different in soundstage, or in sound quality ? and even if you think it's their honest opinion, you don't really know if it is. and even if it is, it's still very subjective, and it's their taste, and their ears. there is no way to know what the headphones sounds like until you actually try it for yourself.

Apr 23, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #3,096 of 4,467
I jinxed myself Friday. The Maxwell are arriving tomorrow. Definitely will put in a few hours of gaming though tomorrow night to take them for a spin.

Apr 23, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #3,098 of 4,467
The lack of extendable arms on the headband isn't that odd, I can think of a number of headphones like that, but generally you'd have an elastic suspension strap, rather than one with fixed points like the Maxwell. The advantage of the Maxwell system is that it shouldn't wear out over time the way elastic suspension straps do and there are fewer points of failure, but it does also mean there's a bit of an issue with in-between head sizes
Yes, you said it much better than I did. The three position settings for the strap on each side of the headphone is very limiting, preventing variable sizing for a better fit.

Apr 23, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #3,099 of 4,467
So for the next shipping date wave in June, where do we think is the best place to order? Direct from Audeze or somewhere else like bloom, headphones.com?

Apr 23, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #3,100 of 4,467
So for the next shipping date wave in June, where do we think is the best place to order? Direct from Audeze or somewhere else like bloom, headphones.com?
So far it seems Audeze has prioritized their own customers vs dealer customers who had orders made much earlier than their own in those cases. I'd go straight from Audeze. The odds are it continues

Apr 24, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #3,101 of 4,467
Hello everyone,
Could you please help me:
I would like to use the Maxwell on XBOX and PC so I have two questions please:
1/ To avoid disconnecting/reconnecting the dongle, can I use a usb switch? (usb 3 or 2?)
2/ In your opinion, by using a switch, will I lose audio quality?

Thank you in advance to the community for your answers.

@Audeze Hello, If you can answer me please. :pray::pray::pray:
THANK YOU

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #3,104 of 4,467
@Audeze just had a read through the Toms Hardware review (https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/audeze-maxwell)

Naturally, the Maxwell scores excellently, I find some of the critiques in the write-up pointless (as did the writer it seems) given that the Maxwell is not positioned as a multi-purpose headphone, but an audiophile gaming headset, however the one criticism that stuck out was the multi-point connection and inability to switch sources.

This has previously been discussed, but isn't it the case that the dongle doesn't actually utilise 2.4ghz wireless and is instead using the LE/LC3 BT codec for main connection? As such, it makes that particular critique technically incorrect based on the specs of the product?

I suppose the point I'm making here is that this particular aspect isn't abundantly clear when talking in vague terms such as this in the official product description:
  • Ultra-Low Latency Wireless with 3X Range of Traditional 2.4Ghz
  • First-in-Class Bluetooth 5.3 supports LE Audio, LC3plus, LDAC

Also glad to see other users finally getting their Maxwells too, such a great product!

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #3,105 of 4,467

Users who are viewing this thread

Back