Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Sep 13, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #4,006 of 4,444
Just need to remember to take a break every once in awhile and take them off your ears and let them breathe.

Sep 14, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #4,007 of 4,444
If I gently shake the right cup (just a gentle shake, about 1 inch side to side while holding the cup), there a knocking sound, like some plastic piece moves and touches something.

It's not a rattle, there's nothing that moves freely inside the cup. The left cup does not make any similar sound.
I can also hear it if I tilt my head from left to right while wearing the headphones, but it's very faint.

And no, it's not the diaphragm, it does not sound like crinkling / crackling. Also, sound is not affected in any way.

Is it normal, does this happen to anyone else?
I actually got the same thing the other day. Was thinking about submitting the headset for RMA. If I shake my head even just a little, the right cup area has a rattling sound. No idea where it's coming from since it doesn't seem to be from within the headset. Can't tell for certain.

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #4,008 of 4,444
Seems like I'm getting a new headset from the store I bought it from since mine broke. Sadly I have to wait until at least November to get a new Xbox Maxwell and December for a PS version.

Kinda sucks to have to wait again.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #4,009 of 4,444
Well, if anyone in this thread is contemplating canceling their order, I'm seeking a pair of the ultraviolet maxwell. Seems like every retailer is sold out at the moment.

Edit: someone canceled their ultraviolet preorder and I snagged it. Per usual, @Audeze customer service rocks. Very much looking forward to posting impressions once it arrives.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #4,010 of 4,444
It's actually nuts. A friend of mine wants to buy a Maxwell and after ordering one from a german distributor, he got the mail that they are out of units and now the date of the next batch arriving is the 17. december. W H A T ?

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #4,011 of 4,444
It's actually nuts. A friend of mine wants to buy a Maxwell and after ordering one from a german distributor, he got the mail that they are out of units and now the date of the next batch arriving is the 17. december. W H A T ?

Its probably the next batch that isnt sold out yet. There could be batches between now and december that are pre-sold already.

Sep 20, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #4,012 of 4,444
I just measured a Maxwell for my database.
Measured with miniDSP EARS

Audeze Maxwell.jpg

And for comparison, again but with some fairly popular aftermarket ear pads - mostly a bass and upper mids peak reduction.
Also 300-400hz is more pronounced.
Audeze Maxwell + Wicked Cushions Freeze Cooling Gel Ear Pads copy 2.jpg

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #4,014 of 4,444
I'm personally still hoping someone comes out with replacements for the earpads and strap made out of real leather, just for the sake of longevity. I hate how protein leather always inevitably flakes
Bumping a super old comment, but has anyone here been able to source a set of real leather (or even fabric) cups and headband that fit the maxwell? The wicked cushions ones are also pleather, and I'd like to find something longer lasting if possible.

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #4,015 of 4,444
Haven't gamed in a week but threw on the Maxwell's last night and they sound as good as ever.

Sep 21, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #4,017 of 4,444
Still no issues with mine and I've been using them daily.

Sep 22, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #4,020 of 4,444
While you make fair points, you should also be comparing to other wireless low latency headsets, not to all planar magnetics.
And you should like and subscribe :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back