Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Sep 10, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #3,991 of 4,457
I have a question regarding the foil since I lost all sound on my right earcup today.
If there is a puncture for any reason, would that eliminate ALL sounds on that earcup? Or would that just make them sound bad?

I looked at the reddit and god there are so many threads about worried customers about the foil and wrinkles etc. Another guy just posted that his right earcup also broke today. Could this be an issue with the new firmware? :S

Sep 11, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #3,993 of 4,457
Sep 11, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #3,995 of 4,457
For those who didn't read the patch notes which mention the dongle may be desycned on updating:

The recent firmware and HQ update may have caused a de-sync between your Maxwell and dongle. We have specified in our patch notes that your dongle will likely need to be paired again, so here are the instructions for your convenience!

On your PC or Mac machine, download and install the Audeze HQ software for Mac or Windows (you must use v80 or higher).

Windows: https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-download-windows

Mac: https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-download-mac

Once you have ensured you are on v80, both the headset and dongle must be updated to V51. One at a time. Meaning that the headset must be connected via a USB cable to update to V51, then disconnecting the headset, connecting the dongle, and updating that to V51. They are two separate updates, and both must be done. HQ must be on v80.

From this point, we recommend restarting your computer. Once restarted, open up HQ, and from the "Settings" tab in the software, you'll see a button that says "Pair Dongle" (if your dongle is already paired to your headset, you'll have to power your headset OFF before the button will show).

vyPffysmjIa7X2UEZG3dEZD7k

When you click the Pair Dongle button, a new prompt will appear. Follow all on screen instructions to finish dongle pairing.

Xpis0Rc2aQyz6NVEaf8TaJUYc

If this doesn't help, please uninstall and reinstall the Audeze HQ app and try the software method again and this should remedy this issue in most cases.

Hardware fallback:

In case the above pairing instructions do not work, you can re-pair using a button on the dongle.

Insert a paperclip into the small hold on the side of your dongle and click the button once. Once the LED begins to flash, triple tap the power button on your headset. You'll hear a "pairing" voice prompt in the headset.

Your headset may power off and power back on after it re-pairs.

vqfgEilGMLIYDUQxq45SrZJkx

Sep 12, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #3,996 of 4,457
Xbox version here.

Strange one that I had to repair my dongle today - am using it only with xbox and today it didn't want to connect.

I read that on PC when connected with A dongle and in the same time with the phone on BT Maxwell switch sound from a dongle (pc) to the phone when notifications play, music, etc.
Is this true?

How to make it work the same with Xbox? I can connect with BT but only audeze app is working, no sound at all when connected to xbox (dongle) except phone calls.

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #3,997 of 4,457
I have a question regarding the foil since I lost all sound on my right earcup today.
If there is a puncture for any reason, would that eliminate ALL sounds on that earcup? Or would that just make them sound bad?

I looked at the reddit and god there are so many threads about worried customers about the foil and wrinkles etc. Another guy just posted that his right earcup also broke today. Could this be an issue with the new firmware? :S

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #3,999 of 4,457
I don't have any issues with mine except for when the using the USB-A to USB-C dongle on my PC, it would randomly disconnect.

Switched from a USB 2.0 plug (black) to USB 3.0 (blue) seemed to have solved the issue.

Sep 12, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #4,000 of 4,457
If I gently shake the right cup (just a gentle shake, about 1 inch side to side while holding the cup), there a knocking sound, like some plastic piece moves and touches something.

It's not a rattle, there's nothing that moves freely inside the cup. The left cup does not make any similar sound.
I can also hear it if I tilt my head from left to right while wearing the headphones, but it's very faint.

And no, it's not the diaphragm, it does not sound like crinkling / crackling. Also, sound is not affected in any way.

Is it normal, does this happen to anyone else?

Sep 13, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #4,001 of 4,457
So I'm new here and my question is : Why is these headphone almost not available in Germany?
Shops only order them for people who are interested in them and it needs weeks or months to get them.

My DT 700 ProX have a faulty cable on the right cup and I need new headphones and the Maxwell is the only one that I'm interested in.

Sep 13, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #4,002 of 4,457
I think they are just extremely sought after, everywhere in the world. I bought them at Hifi Klubben, B-Ware, for 299€. There's one for 349€.
Surely Audeze has ramped up their production line (i guess with the help of Sony), but they are nowhere near as big as Hifiman or any large consumer oriented manufacturer.
It's their first product for the masses that also got glowing reviews and to be honest, rightfully so, the "competition" just got blown away by this thing.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #4,003 of 4,457
I think they are just extremely sought after, everywhere in the world. I bought them at Hifi Klubben, B-Ware, for 299€. There's one for 349€.
Surely Audeze has ramped up their production line (i guess with the help of Sony), but they are nowhere near as big as Hifiman or any large consumer oriented manufacturer.
It's their first product for the masses that also got glowing reviews and to be honest, rightfully so, the "competition" just got blown away by this thing.
Thanks for the reply.
I hope they get available soon.
I could get the Focal Elegia for the same price but people seem to hate them.

Sep 13, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #4,004 of 4,457
I had the Elegia as my very first closed back Hifi headphone along with the Sundara. I liked it very much, but nowadays there is probably not that much of a reason to get it unless you can grab it for a very good price, the Elegia benefits from aftermarket Dekoni pads (Dekoni Stellia pads) and it desperately needs a better cable. After my hifi journey i'm also not so sure anymore about its sound, of course i haven't heard it in a long time, but yeah, maybe get it for under 300€, but it's a bit older nowadays and didn't quite stand the test of times like a Sundara or so.

Sep 13, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #4,005 of 4,457
I had the Elegia as my very first closed back Hifi headphone along with the Sundara. I liked it very much, but nowadays there is probably not that much of a reason to get it unless you can grab it for a very good price, the Elegia benefits from aftermarket Dekoni pads (Dekoni Stellia pads) and it desperately needs a better cable. After my hifi journey i'm also not so sure anymore about its sound, of course i haven't heard it in a long time, but yeah, maybe get it for under 300€, but it's a bit older nowadays and didn't quite stand the test of times like a Sundara or so.
Looks like I've to wait and buy the Maxwell.
There are no other closed back headphones in that range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back