Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Sep 4, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #3,961 of 4,457
I appreciate the feeling of release that can come from complaining, but it is ultimately not very satisfying in the long term.

I have a suggestion for you - return the Maxwell if you are still in the return window, or sell it if you cannot return it. Then buy something else.

I still like battery life and sound quality overall. It is just about lack of test before new soft releasing.
And this is a suggestion I'd more appreciate than yours.
Should be easy to fix. It is more about add +1 to all similar complains just to let Audeze notice the problem and/or at least reply anything in this subject.

Sell it, buy something else...really?

Sep 4, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #3,962 of 4,457
I appreciate the feeling of release that can come from complaining, but it is ultimately not very satisfying in the long term.

I have a suggestion for you - return the Maxwell if you are still in the return window, or sell it if you cannot return it. Then buy something else.
You should take a look at the Audeze Reddit (actually, probably not if you want to maintain your sanity). It’s a dumpster fire. Nothing but the same 4-5 people complaining in every thread about problems with their Audeze Maxwell. I’ve had issues with mine but I’ve returned a few units until I got the right one. I get that it’s frustrating but to complain incessantly is just counterproductive.

I still like battery life and sound quality overall. It is just about lack of test before new soft releasing.
Should be easy to fix. It is more about add +1 to all similar complains just to let Audeze notice the problem and/or at least reply anything in this subject.

Complaining in the Reddit and here incessantly is counterproductive, though. It won’t get you anywhere. Audeze is more than well aware of the issue. Whether they do anything or not is up to them.

Sep 4, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #3,963 of 4,457

My point is simple… Will your complaints solve anything, or influence Audeze in the least? If yes, go right on ahead, maybe it will help many others. Almost certainly it won’t help, though. So the alternative is to seek a return, replacement, or sell the Maxwell and buy a new headphone.

Of course you can and will do as you please. I can always just ignore you, but my suggestion was a sincere attempt to help you.

You should take a look at the Audeze Reddit (actually, probably not if you want to maintain your sanity). It’s a dumpster fire. Nothing but the same 4-5 people complaining in every thread about problems with their Audeze Maxwell. I’ve had issues with mine but I’ve returned a few units until I got the right one. I get that it’s frustrating but to complain incessantly is just counterproductive.
While I haven’t looked, I have no reason to doubt you. But, my position remains the same… at some point people ought to consider alternatives other than complaining.

And, while some complain about various issues, it seems the Maxwell continues to be in high demand. I’m pretty sure that means it works well enough for many. But for those it doesn’t work for, they should look for a constructive solution… just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #3,964 of 4,457
Hello peeps.
Newcomer to the Maxwell here, XBOX/PC version running on the PC.
1st thing i did was charge them up, download the HQ software, and update the firmware to the latest for both headset and dongle.

1 hour in of listening and all I can say is WOW....WOW.... And WOW.

These things are amazing........ Not even tried gaming yet.

No issues with paring, no issues with any drop outs, no issues with static, No issues at all. And they sound Sooooooooooo Good.

Will be following this thread closely and update as they break in with more extended use.

But so far, I'm super impressed. Bravo Audeze Bravo :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sep 4, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #3,965 of 4,457
Had these since launch, besides the sidetone crackling, they have been great. With a bit of EQ I find them quite good for hearing footsteps in Apex Legends and 2042.

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #3,968 of 4,457
Something weird is going on in the EQ section. When I am adjusting the bands, the program hangs for a bit sometimes. It will look like the program goes out of the custom EQ adjustments back to the standard screen for the Audeze presets. However, I believe that the EQ can only be updated to the headphones for a low amount of times, maybe 2 times per second, or maybe this is the time in which the headphones can process the update, no idea. In any case, it gets annoying really fast to be honest

Is anyone else experiencing this, is it expected behavior?

Otherwise I really like how they sound and how they feel. They're a bit heavy, but will see how that goes in the long run.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #3,969 of 4,457

No idea, but I set mine to 10 minutes, and when I got back after 15 minutes the headphones were still on. Maybe as long as there is an active track, basically something playing nothng/silence, the headphones still "think" they're being used, so the auto power off doesn't kick in. One option could may be to measure the volume of the audio track instead.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #3,970 of 4,457
No idea, but I set mine to 10 minutes, and when I got back after 15 minutes the headphones were still on. Maybe as long as there is an active track, basically something playing nothng/silence, the headphones still "think" they're being used, so the auto power off doesn't kick in. One option could may be to measure the volume of the audio track instead.

Well I have nothing playing in mine and they dont shut off during a whole night while sleeping. I dont know if spotify/discord or something keeps it awake even without anything playing. Either way it sounds like a bug of some sorts.

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #3,971 of 4,457
Well I have nothing playing in mine and they dont shut off during a whole night while sleeping. I dont know if spotify/discord or something keeps it awake even without anything playing. Either way it sounds like a bug of some sorts.

Try to choose another device as the sound output on your computer, or disconnect if from bluetooth and don't keep the USB dongle in, I'd say that they will turn off automatically then.

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #3,972 of 4,457
Hello peeps.
Newcomer to the Maxwell here, XBOX/PC version running on the PC.
1st thing i did was charge them up, download the HQ software, and update the firmware to the latest for both headset and dongle.

1 hour in of listening and all I can say is WOW....WOW.... And WOW.

These things are amazing........ Not even tried gaming yet.

No issues with paring, no issues with any drop outs, no issues with static, No issues at all. And they sound Sooooooooooo Good.

Will be following this thread closely and update as they break in with more extended use.

But so far, I'm super impressed. Bravo Audeze Bravo :clap::clap::clap::clap:
My experience exactly, word for work.

I did waste a bit of time with the mic quality due to all the built in noise reduction which does not pair well with discord / zoom sound enhancement features. So just turn everything off in the apps and let the headphones do their thing and the mic quality is decent. Not amazing but good enough. And sidetone is a bit noisy sometimes when the mic is connected? did not pay much attention, not using sidetone.

Besides the mic ...WOW!

Sep 6, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #3,974 of 4,457
Auto poweroff never worked on my both Maxwells, Xbox and PS. But I mostly use them with bluetooth from phone.

Well why is this issue not even listed under "known issues" when multiple people reporting its not working? :S

I tried closing all apps that might use sound like spotify, discord, browser, etc. Still same thing, its not working.
I also tried to disable the the headset under system devices in Windows 11. Same thing.
I tried reinstalling the drivers/HQ and still not working.
Also disconnected it from BT.

Can someone at Auduze confirm this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back