Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 31, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #2,821 of 4,444
Although judging by my oneplus 8 pro, Penrose is playing much louder on AAC than on LDAC Maxwell, 25-30% for sure. Where on Maxwell the sound is turned to the maximum and the membranes begin to vibrate slightly, then on Penrose the phone does not even issue a warning about the volume above the norm yet. And yes, with PS VR2, Penrose seemed much more comfortable to me due to the larger space between the head and the headband above the ears, and Maxwel sit more tightly and comfortably on the head and therefore in my case are less compatible with a vr helmet.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #2,822 of 4,444
After messing around with some of the personalized sound dsp like Adapt Sound and MIMI, I have found it to be good at taking a headphone that already sounds good and fine tuning it to bring (my ears) closer to a target curve. This really helps to clean up the soundstage and any frequencies and resonances that an individual may find slightly out of place. Any chance Audeze might implement DSP like this in future software for the Maxwell or future headsets?

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #2,823 of 4,444
After messing around with some of the personalized sound dsp like Adapt Sound and MIMI, I have found it to be good at taking a headphone that already sounds good and fine tuning it to bring (my ears) closer to a target curve. This really helps to clean up the soundstage and any frequencies and resonances that an individual may find slightly out of place. Any chance Audeze might implement DSP like this in future software for the Maxwell or future headsets?
These are interesting for the hearable market. It is certainly interesting and we will definitely look into this, but our initial guess is, it might be for a different model down the lane. We have a lot of plans for Maxwell at least through the end of the year.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 1, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #2,826 of 4,444
Hi @Audeze,

May we know when the EQ Customization will be available (PC/Mac)? Would really love to make a few tweaks to my likings.

No rush, I bet you might be working hard on implementing somthing new on this matured mechanism. Just wondering if there is an ETA on it.

Thank you.

螢幕擷取畫面 2023-04-01 115350.png

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #2,827 of 4,444
Hi @Audeze,

May we know when the EQ Customization will be available (PC/Mac)? Would really love to make a few tweaks to my likings.

No rush, I bet you might be working hard on implementing somthing new on this matured mechanism. Just wondering if there is an ETA on it.

Thank you.
The android app already allows this. IOS app should be out soon. PC and MAC versions are delayed because of a SDK compatibility issue. We are trying to figure it out and unfortunately we do not have a ETA yet.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 1, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #2,829 of 4,444
There was a Maxwell still in stock at the shop I mostly get my audio gear, ordered one yesterday and got it today (in the Netherlands). So far the headset sounds pretty good for being a headset :D

Apr 1, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #2,830 of 4,444
People are saying I sound muffled on Discord.

What settings and volume levels should I use? Mic volume was default 50% in Windows. I see no other way to change it.

Noise suppression is set to Low. But Off sounds worse apparently.

Any Discord tips appreciated

Apr 2, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #2,832 of 4,444
People are saying I sound muffled on Discord.

What settings and volume levels should I use? Mic volume was default 50% in Windows. I see no other way to change it.

Noise suppression is set to Low. But Off sounds worse apparently.

Any Discord tips appreciated

My Discord settings are:

• Input Sensitivity > Automatically determine input sensitivity: On
• Voice Processing > Echo Cancellation: Off
• Noise Suppression: None
• Advanced Voice Activity: On
• Automatic Gain Control: On
• Audio Subsystem: Legacy

My Discord friends immediately noticed that my mic sounds much clearer and richer “like a radio broadcaster” when I upgraded from the Penrose to the Maxwell. I usually have High noise suppression on the headset though I don't think I notice the difference.

Just make sure the mic is connected to the right 3.5mm port and clicks in all the way, or you'll be using the headset mic and that will also make you sound muffled.

Apr 2, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #2,833 of 4,444
Hi. How would you compare the sound of Maxwell and Bathys?
on ios, with the dynamic EQ of Bathys they have about the same tuning, Bathys is technically still the best headphone tho. The Bathys also blows away the maxwell once you use it in usb dac mode on pc, altho the maxwell also benefits being used wired.
Immersive preset on the maxwell is pretty neat tho, ups treble and the bass which alligns better with some of the music I listen to.
For 300 USD the Maxwell is a pretty good sounding headphone tho with plenty of features. I wish the bathys had the amount of features the maxwell has. Will probably end up using the maxwell more than the bathys due to this.
Frankly for the MSRP it's the closed back to beat at that price point. Just wish custom EQ worked through the audeze pc software (or IOS...) but so far I need an android phone to save custom EQ settings to the device (I have EQ software on my pc but that defeats the purpose of using the headset at the office for example)

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #2,834 of 4,444
on ios, with the dynamic EQ of Bathys they have about the same tuning, Bathys is technically still the best headphone tho. The Bathys also blows away the maxwell once you use it in usb dac mode on pc, altho the maxwell also benefits being used wired.
Immersive preset on the maxwell is pretty neat tho, ups treble and the bass which alligns better with some of the music I listen to.
For 300 USD the Maxwell is a pretty good sounding headphone tho with plenty of features. I wish the bathys had the amount of features the maxwell has. Will probably end up using the maxwell more than the bathys due to this.
Frankly for the MSRP it's the closed back to beat at that price point. Just wish custom EQ worked through the audeze pc software (or IOS...) but so far I need an android phone to save custom EQ settings to the device (I have EQ software on my pc but that defeats the purpose of using the headset at the office for example)
Sounds like a great way to save money and buy a Maxwell, thanks for sharing your experiences

Users who are viewing this thread

Back