Audeze Mobius - mic problems
Oct 1, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #16 of 26
The problems exist when using the mic with BT on android phones as well. It's not just related to Windows. If I'm listening to music over BT, I have to take everything off and make the call go through the phone in order for anyone to understand a word I am saying. A dedicated boom mic should work better than a tiny mic hole on a $100 pair of stereo headphones. It's lame that it doesn't.

The mic on my Mobius works fine with my Pixel 2 XL and my OG Pixel XL, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I've tried it with a number of calls and nobody has ever had trouble hearing me with either phone over Bluetooth. Hopefully the incoming fix will work for you, I agree that it would be frustrating for it to not be working properly. It's possible some users received a defective mic, or there's some software issue, or some problem with specific phones and the mic, who knows. Either way, hopefully your issue can be resolved in the near future.

Oct 1, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #17 of 26
The problems exist when using the mic with BT on android phones as well. It's not just related to Windows. If I'm listening to music over BT, I have to take everything off and make the call go through the phone in order for anyone to understand a word I am saying. A dedicated boom mic should work better than a tiny mic hole on a $100 pair of stereo headphones. It's lame that it doesn't.
>>I have to take everything off and make the call go through the phone in order for anyone to understand a word I am saying
Can you explain - Do you have to remove the USB and the Analog cable ? Are you connected to a windows system. We are testing mix fixes and will release it as soon as it is ready.
Have you contacted support@audeze.com ?

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 1, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #18 of 26
>>I have to take everything off and make the call go through the phone in order for anyone to understand a word I am saying
Can you explain - Do you have to remove the USB and the Analog cable ? Are you connected to a windows system. We are testing mix fixes and will release it as soon as it is ready.
Have you contacted support@audeze.com ?

When I say I have to take everything off, I mean to say that when I am listening to music through Mobius on my android phone and I get a call, I can't just answer it like my other headphones (AKG Y50BT). If I do that, people who call me complain that I cut in and out and my volume is low. So I have to take the headphones off and disconnect the call from bluetooth.

This particular complaint is not specific with Windows, USB, or Analog. Although, in separate cases I have also had issues with trying to have Windows based Skype and Teams meetings for work over Mobius that have failed miserably on call quality and I have had to fall back to my POS $15 set from the year 2000 that I've kept around. I held out buying a new headset for work after investing in IGG Mobius because I thought that such a "high quality" headset would be a fine replacement and they would marvel at how clear I sounded, but alas that's not the case.

It really astonishes me that my 18yr old headset that I bought at Walmart for $15 has no problem picking up my voice no matter where the mic is located on my head (it can even sit on my desk like a desk mic if I want). But a mic on a $400 pair of cans specifically designed for gaming has trouble 2 inches from my mouth? And side tone...what is the point of side tone if I can hear myself speaking clearly, but noone else can understand me? If it's meant to give the user an idea of how they sound to other people then it's failing.

No, this particular bug has not been logged with support yet since I already have 3 other issues in process with them for other problems. I was just trying to get an idea if this one was being addressed since its pretty major and not unique to me. I'll do that now though since I've already gone to the trouble of explaining it here.

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #20 of 26
Just got my Mobius. I was quite excited to be able to get an Audeze headset that I could use for sales calling. The first day I used them they worked perfectly, noise cancelling seemed great even with people talking right next to me and my voice was crystal clear. Today I put them on and my voice apparently sounds like crap: pops and fuzz. I've tried everything I can think of to fix, but to no avail. I'm pretty disappointed as I was expecting to be able to use these for calling 8 hours a day. I have a support ticket going as of now, but it can't be soon enough to get this resolved. I will definitely update here as things progress, or not.

Dec 19, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #21 of 26
Spoke with a helpful Audeze support guy yesterday. I wasn't actually expecting a call back on the same day that I called in and left a message. Chris was helpful but apparently Audeze are learning of new erratic behaviors every day for the Mobius. There is a beta firmware, which may help, but is only available for Windows machines. Ugh. I'm tempted to buy a decent replacement 3.5mm TRRS boom mic as someone on here has done, just to see if there is any improvement. There are two mic holes on the Audeze mic, which I'm assuming are used to determine background noise to attenuate. I don't know if the Turtle Beach boom mic has one or two holes. For me, the noise filtering is a big deal.

When Chris called me I had just powered the Mobius off, so I got them out again and turned them on and paired them with my iPhone to use for our troubleshooting converstaion. More erratic behavior! The volume was very loud and I could not adjust it from either the phone or the Mobius volume wheel itself. Complete loss of volume control. His recommendation to me was to power the Mobius down, put them on the charger and see if a good night's sleep would help. Well, I came in this morning and when using the Mobius to phone my wife she said that the audio quality was somewhat better than yesterday but that there were still crackles at the end of my words and also crackles sometimes when I was not speaking.

So, for me, still unusable for what I got them for. Still a disappointment. Audeze could still pull a rabbit from the hat, but so far the Mobius does not live up to its billing.

May 13, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #22 of 26
Any updates on this. Has firmware or new production methods fixed this?

May 13, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #24 of 26
What is better for that 3d / head movement gaming effect?

May 13, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #26 of 26
Great!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back