Audeze MM-100
Aug 31, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #781 of 1,447
Got mine today! Very nice quality. (obviously) Way nicer than my Sundara or Edition XS.
I'd love to read some comparisons with the Edition XS if you get a chance at some point!

Aug 31, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #783 of 1,447
Aug 31, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #784 of 1,447
All the aftermarket headphone cable makers and an untold number of Chinese headphone cable resellers are jumping for joy in anticipation of all the cables they will sell for the MM100. Keep in mind you will have to use a 3.5mm TRRS connector on the headphone connector, so having to have 4 wires going into a 3.5mm connector will severely limit the wire gauge you can use. Or you could remove the earpads, remove the driver housing, disconnect all the stock wiring, and wire them for dual entry like most of the audiophile headphones on the market. That's if you can remove and reinstall the earpads without destroying them. Audeze created a cable nightmare for the majority of home users, especially those who already have 3.5mm dual entry headphone cables that fit most 3.5mm dual entry headphones.

Aug 31, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #785 of 1,447
All the aftermarket headphone cable makers and an untold number of Chinese headphone cable resellers are jumping for joy in anticipation of all the cables they will sell for the MM100. Keep in mind you will have to use a 3.5mm TRRS connector on the headphone connector, so having to have 4 wires going into a 3.5mm connector will severely limit the wire gauge you can use. Or you could remove the earpads, remove the driver housing, disconnect all the stock wiring, and wire them for dual entry like most of the audiophile headphones on the market. That's if you can remove and reinstall the earpads without destroying them. Audeze created a cable nightmare for the majority of home users, especially those who already have 3.5mm dual entry headphone cables that fit most 3.5mm dual entry headphones.

That's a bit dramatic.

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #790 of 1,447
yep , i was wondering how a close and narrow soundstage sound like a live performance by the eagles .... the rest sound great but hopefully more reviews pop up in the next several days . some burn in time might change his opinion also .

Sep 1, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #791 of 1,447
Great to hear first adopters are starting to receive their new MMs.

I use phones for mixing and mastering audio. HD600s and midfield speakers have been my main tools for many years. Long sessions are common and the sound, weight and comfortable velvet pads on the Senns have served me well. Heat and sweat issue with some other headphone brands I tried back in the day made them nonstarters. Jared's mention of this problem above is of interest to me. I would like to hear from users if there's a possible sweat issue with the MM-100 stock pads - despite the cooling effect of the gel inside the pads that Audeze representatives have mentioned?

Hope to see more opinions here on build quality, comfort during long sessions, sensitivity and sound signature compared to Audeze big brothers without EQ compensation: low end and upper mids response compared to the MM-500 for example.

I'm travelling abroad at the moment and it'll be a few weeks before I'm able to test the MM-100s myself so any helpful information will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #793 of 1,447
a youtube video review finally popped up . i know nothing about the reviewer , just came up in my search .

Everybody and his dog is a headphone “reviewer” these days.

Sep 1, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #794 of 1,447
Hmm. I know the 2021 pads for the LCD-X were more shallow than those for the LCD-2C, which are the comfiest pads my ears and face have felt. Still, I had no problem with the LCD-X 2021 pads.

But ... those pads look shallow. Hopefully it's just the angle. Have you or do you own a pair of LCD-2C or LCD-X 2021 for comparison of pad depth? Thanks!

Otherwise, those look like they have a beautiful build for $399. Far sleeker and less flimsy looking than anything from HiFiMan.

Sep 1, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #795 of 1,447
the build looks impressive . i'm wanting a new pair of HPs and now these look to be my last chance at getting some PMs i can afford . i had pretty much decided on hifiman refurbs (sundara , edition xs , ananda and ananda stealth) because of all the glowing comments on youtube and there's a fair amount here . but here ay HF i found a lot more comments on the build quality .... i overlooked it . then comments about durability ... overlooked because i'm not rough with my audio stuff . but then having to jump through hoops to join paypal to pay for the dang things was the 3rd strike ...... yeah , i can be a easily aggravated old fart sometimes ...and then i'm DONE .

i'm really looking forward to some REAL reviews of the MM-100 but the build materials look solid .
i'm not a REAL audiophile ...... so i do like a u or v shape so i hope that part of what he said was right .
and i want real good soundstage and imaging . i'm not a gamer but i do want to use these for movie watching as well as music .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back