Audeze MM-100
Aug 25, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #752 of 1,466
Aug 25, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #753 of 1,466
Kinda weird to hit up a forum before even asking them about it. The Audeze rep has been in this thread saying that anyone who wants to cancel their order gets a full refund. Just talk to their support.

There's enough silly drama in this thread without needing to stir the pot.
I was basically asking other members of this headphone forum who may have canceled their preorders what their experience was. So how was yours?

Aug 25, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #754 of 1,466
The in depth Canjam writeup on the front page had a mention of the M-100:

“The MM-100 didn’t impress me much, they just sounded a little flat and boring, lacking dynamics and punch. The midrange wasn’t bad, but overall, I wasn’t hugely impressed by these”

Aug 26, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #756 of 1,466
The in depth Canjam writeup on the front page had a mention of the M-100:

“The MM-100 didn’t impress me much, they just sounded a little flat and boring, lacking dynamics and punch. The midrange wasn’t bad, but overall, I wasn’t hugely impressed by these”
Well, who knows what sounds/music the person quoted here is usually listening to? And what headphones and setup she/he usually uses for that?

For mixing and mastering work "a little flat and boring" may not be a bad thing. I would check with my HD600s and possibly speakers as well to see if a song that lacks dynamics and punch may need some more work. Looking forward to using the new MMs in that application.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #757 of 1,466
Well, who knows what sounds/music the person quoted here is usually listening to? And what headphones and setup she/he usually uses for that?

For mixing and mastering work "a little flat and boring" may not be a bad thing. I would check with my HD600s and possibly speakers as well to see if a song that lacks dynamics and punch may need some more work. Looking forward to using the new MMs in that application.
Agree. I thought music contained dynamics and punch, not gear.

Resonances, distortions and frequency response aberrations can give the false impression of dynamics, punch and speed.

The original HD580 and HD600 were called “boring” by more than a few people. Far many more called them “accurate”.

Aug 26, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #758 of 1,466

Aug 26, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #759 of 1,466

FYI whatever you put in your link seems to not work for me -- I get an endless cycle of these and no matter how many times I type them (correctly), I get another :sweat_smile:

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 3.29.54 PM.png

Aug 27, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #760 of 1,466
Can't help you. This is a regular link that works just fine in directly the thread and on YT.

Not particularly insightful, so you are not missing much :D

Aug 29, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #761 of 1,466
Just curious once folks start receiving their headsets, will you be changing out the standard cable that it ships with? What are you looking for in the cable and if you were to upgrade it what do you have your eyes on?

Aug 29, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #762 of 1,466
Just curious once folks start receiving their headsets, will you be changing out the standard cable that it ships with? What are you looking for in the cable and if you were to upgrade it what do you have your eyes on?
First, I will need to get my hands on the headphone and see/hear how it sounds. If it is a keeper then I will hit up Hart Audio for a solution as I want one of their modular cables.

Aug 29, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #763 of 1,466
Same here. I'll want to try it out before I go any further to see if it'll be usefull in my mastering application, by itself or as a supplement to my other headphones. Stock cable or upgraded cable I'll decide on after that as well. One of our local pro shops have informed me the first MM-100 shipment will arrive here by air around 9/15 and they plan to have it ready for sale soon after.

Aug 29, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #764 of 1,466
Same here. I'll want to try it out before I go any further to see if it'll be usefull in my mastering application, by itself or as a supplement to my other headphones. Stock cable or upgraded cable I'll decide on after that as well. One of our local pro shops have informed me the first MM-100 shipment will arrive here by air around 9/15 and they plan to have it ready for sale soon after.
@bonnei100 I'd be very careful using Audeze cans for mastering due to their tuning which is not transparent and the fact that most pairs I had and/or listen to so far were all playing differently. Considering their low quality and therefore low durability I'd be rather looking for most transparent headphone build like a tank (or at least easily replacable) but not very heavy one :wink: While Audeze is marketing some of their products as designed for mastering I can not think why any pro would really like to use headphones with particular tuning removing transparency from the equation.

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #765 of 1,466
While Audeze is marketing some of their products as designed for mastering I can not think why any pro would really like to use headphones with particular tuning removing transparency from the equation.

I'm sure some of this is marketing, but pretty sure they designed the MM-500's with a guy who's won like 14 Grammy's for mastering, and there's plenty of videos on youtube of professional sound engineers finding them to be good for that purpose, so it doesn't exactly feel like a completely empty gesture.

Can't know till we get them on our heads though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back