Audeze MM-100
May 31, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #301 of 1,447
If I heard correctly, he says the "earpads and stuff" are imported (from China?), but the drivers and everything else is made and assembled in the U.S.

I wonder what "stuff" other than the earpads are imported... :thinking:

He said “earpads and stuff is still imported, but this driver, all everything gets made here. Final assembly for this headphone is in Orange County” then he goes on to describe what I take to be a driver component (I think he says “film”) being manufactured on the east coast (US). I would take that to mean that everything but the driver is made outside the US, then final assembly of parts is done in California, which would made sense given how much is shared with the Maxwell.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #302 of 1,447
Are these shipping tomorrow? Tomorrow is “June”.

May 31, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #303 of 1,447
Are these shipping tomorrow? Tomorrow is “June”.
But June 30th is also “June” 😅

I already preordered them back in April and I expect to not see them until July at the earliest, honestly.

May 31, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #304 of 1,447
But June 30th is also “June” 😅

I already preordered them back in April and I expect to not see them until July at the earliest, honestly.
😆

Me too. Audeze owes me money. With the interest rate hikes over the past year, had my M100 money been invested, I could have bought two 😝

May 31, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #306 of 1,447
Interesting how Hifiman can announce a couple of new headphones and they are already available for ordering and delivered to your door three days later.

May 31, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #308 of 1,447
So did Audeze a mistake in announcing a product much earlier than Hifiman? I think your impatience is more the problem here.
Problem? Just pointing out how some manufacturers have their act together and some, well, obviously don’t. I can see this sort of thing from an upstart (who need upfront financing) but not Audeze, who have been around 20 years.

May 31, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #309 of 1,447
Problem? Just pointing out how some manufacturers have their act together and some, well, obviously don’t. I can see this sort of thing from an upstart (who need upfront financing) but not Audeze, who have been around 20 years.
Hifiman having their act together is the biggest joke in all of headphonedom.

There's a reason Hifiman has the busiest returns department.

Jun 1, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #310 of 1,447
Had 4 different HifiMan headphones in the past few years. No issues whatsoever.

But yes, I do hear (read) people complaining about their QC. Guess, I was lucky (so far) :)

MM-100 are already listed by quite a number of shops here. Still "pre-order" status, but seems like deliveries are just around the corner :)

Jun 1, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #311 of 1,447

But yes, I do hear (read) people complaining about their QC. Guess, I was lucky (so far) :)

MM-100 are already listed by quite a number of shops here. Still "pre-order" status, but seems like deliveries are just around the corner :)
Here in Germany Thomann, it says available in a couple months…

Jun 1, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #312 of 1,447
Same here. I’ve had about 10 different models and only had a problem with the first one, the HE5, where the steel bail snapped on one side. They subsequently changed the design, although that design still exists for some of the cheaper models.

But I was referring to the announcement of a new model and it’s availability, not product returns.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #313 of 1,447
Interesting how Hifiman can announce a couple of new headphones and they are already available for ordering and delivered to your door three days later.
Along with the associated risks of buying from a company that probably has the worst quality control among major players in the business.

Plus, there's a real simple way to avoid paying up front: Wait.

It always makes sense to me to wait until trusted reviewers and the community evaluate a new product before I'll pry open my money clip with the Jaws of Life and spend. If initial demand is high, supply is low and I need to wait, no big deal. Patience pays.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #314 of 1,447
Plus, there's a real simple way to avoid paying up front: Wait.

It always makes sense to me to wait until trusted reviewers and the community evaluate a new product before I'll pry open my money clip with the Jaws of Life and spend. If initial demand is high, supply is low and I need to wait, no big deal. Patience pays.
That's exactly what I am doing. If the sound sig of the MM100s is similar to the LCD1s I'll probably buy them and sell my Ananda Stealth. But I won't know that until people buy them and review them. I'm not talking about the professional reviewers but the people like us who use this forum and have no ulterior motives.

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #315 of 1,447
That's exactly what I am doing. If the sound sig of the MM100s is similar to the LCD1s I'll probably buy them and sell my Ananda Stealth. But I won't know that until people buy them and review them. I'm not talking about the professional reviewers but the people like us who use this forum and have no ulterior motives.
Odd that there haven’t been any reviews yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back