Audeze MM-100
May 27, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #286 of 1,447
Tried the MM-100 at the Munich show, and I do have the MM-500.

This is a different flavor without a doubt - less analytical sounding, more forward, more fun to listen to. To be honest, for $399, I was absolutely loving the sound of these. If they do sound as good as I remember them from the show, these are going to be popular!
My wallet just went straight to Defcon 1, is cocked and ready to fire!

May 27, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #288 of 1,447

This is a different flavor without a doubt - less analytical sounding, more forward, more fun to listen to. To be honest, for $399, I was absolutely loving the sound of these. If they do sound as good as I remember them from the show, these are going to be popular!
Not 'forward' as in 'bright', I hope?

May 28, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #289 of 1,447

Okay you're talking about sound tuning, but how technically capable is the 100 compared to the 500. Do you see many things in common that the little brother is technically capable of or is it really just the tuning that stands out?

May 28, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #290 of 1,447
To be honest, for 1685zł, I was absolutely loving the sound of these.

Where are they available at this price ?

May 28, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #292 of 1,447
Okay you're talking about sound tuning, but how technically capable is the 100 compared to the 500. Do you see many things in common that the little brother is technically capable of or is it really just the tuning that stands out?
To be completely honest, the trade show is nowhere close to being a comfortable environment for in-depth testing of headphones, especially since Audeze didn't have a room, but just a stand.

So yeah, can't really comment on this.

May 28, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #293 of 1,447
Official Audeze website bro :)

You mentioned it in context of the Munich Show, hence my interest.

EU price is +/- 500 EUR bro.

May 28, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #295 of 1,447
Does anyone know if the MM-100 are manufactured in their California plant?

$400 seems very affordable for a fully USA made Audeze planar headphone.

I can see these being very popular if Audeze can properly tune it and keep their quality control high.

May 28, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #296 of 1,447
Does anyone know if the MM-100 are manufactured in their California plant?

$400 seems very affordable for a fully USA made Audeze planar headphone.

I can see these being very popular if Audeze can properly tune it and keep their quality control high.
According to this interview, yes. The reason the cost is down is because they automated certain aspects of the manufacturing.

May 28, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #297 of 1,447
According to this interview, yes. The reason the cost is down is because they automated certain aspects of the manufacturing.

If I heard correctly, he says the "earpads and stuff" are imported (from China?), but the drivers and everything else is made and assembled in the U.S.

I wonder what "stuff" other than the earpads are imported... :thinking:

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #298 of 1,447
If I heard correctly, he says the "earpads and stuff" are imported (from China?), but the drivers and everything else is made and assembled in the U.S.

I wonder what "stuff" other than the earpads are imported... :thinking:
Probably the headband, frame and everything except the drivers, cable and cups?

May 29, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #299 of 1,447

do you remember how the soundstage was compared to the mm-500? relatively the same or is the mm-100 smaller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back