Audeze MM-100
Apr 12, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #91 of 1,466
There are too many times where people splooge all over a new model for a few weeks, and then they start to detect flaws and be more objective once the "new-car smell" wears off.
You mean "hype hype" then "bash bash" then eventually turning into a cable thread? 😅🤣

Apr 12, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #93 of 1,466
This story verifies the weight at 375 grams, which is a HUGE improvement for Audeze: https://www.ecoustics.com/products/audeze-mm-100-studio-headphones/

I savor my LCD-X 2021, but they are heavy mofos at 612 grams. They don't feel like barbells, but I definitely know when I'm wearing them compared to something like an HD 6XX or even some HiFiMan cans I've owned.

And I did f*ck up my neck doing an Angus Young/Bon Scott imitation on the bow of a boat on an Adirondack Mountain lake last summer (yes, there were various intoxicants involved!) while "Let There Be Rock" blared from the boat's killer sound system. Think I stretched or tore a ligament, and it's slow to heal because I also sing in a rock band as a very energetic, fully interactive front man.

Being a 57-year-old rocker has a few pitfalls among its countless benefits. :)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #96 of 1,466
No balanced option? Really?... OK...

When I get them I plan on taking a peak inside to see how they have them wired up. I was expecting them to continue with putting jacks on both cups for easy single ended or balanced use and was a bit surprised with this call, but I have other headphones that use a single sided scheme so I'll get over it.

Apr 12, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #98 of 1,466
yeah MM-500 sounds really good. It's one of the few planar HPs I actually like. I tried to hold on to it, but the weight and the clamping force (even after stretching the metal band) was just too much to bear for my head.
I gave a cursory search and several sites claim MM-100 is 375g. If that's true, I'm definitely in.:beerchug::L3000::gs1000smile:

375g sounds plausible. The Maxwell is 490g and these lose the electronics and closed-back cups by comparisons, so that sounds about right

Apr 13, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #99 of 1,466
No balanced option? Really?... OK...
Am I crazy or does their product photo look like there's a jack on the other cup? Other photos clearly show it just on one side, but I swear the one shot looks like an empty hole there.

Apr 13, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #100 of 1,466
Am I crazy or does their product photo look like there's a jack on the other cup? Other photos clearly show it just on one side, but I swear the one shot looks like an empty hole there.
There's a jack on both cups but you use one at a time

Apr 13, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #101 of 1,466
There's a jack on both cups but you use one at a time
Oh, I see now. Well that's a bit weird. Do people often look for left/right "handed" headphones? Is that a thing? (maybe I'm dense sorry)

Apr 13, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #102 of 1,466
Oh, I see now. Well that's a bit weird. Do people often look for left/right "handed" headphones? Is that a thing? (maybe I'm dense sorry)
Not really but it does give you options if you need it

Apr 13, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #103 of 1,466
It looks like they share the same diaphragm with the MM-500... definitely a good sign.

Apr 13, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #105 of 1,466
The question is what did they save on that's worth the $1,300 difference, if the diaphragm is the same.

That's the $1.3k question indeed. I mean, the build doesn't look as nice so that saved some, but where is the rest coming from and how will that effect the sound? I guess I'll be hearing for myself soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back