Audeze MM-100
Apr 12, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #76 of 1,463
Tired of this pre-order s—t. Just build them and put them out.

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #77 of 1,463
Tired of this pre-order s—t. Just build them and put them out.
I'm struck by the synchrony between this post & the 3 quotes in the signature...all are terse & purposeful.

The only quote I would add (just my skewed perspective) is this fave:

"Hell is other people" - Jean Paul Sartre in his play, "NO EXIT"

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #79 of 1,463
Apr 12, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #81 of 1,463
Let us give thanks to those that do us the grandest of favours..

86EAF566-A69E-4406-A1FF-517CB0EDA185.jpeg

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #82 of 1,463
First thing I always look at when it comes to Audeze HPs is the weight. So again, I went straight to the specifications and......

Weight "TBD" WTH???? Please tell me it's under 450g.

If it sounds similar to the MM-500, I'm all for it. Comfort was the only reason why I had to let that one go.

This and the new Sony MDR-MV1 are two studio cans to look out for IMO. They're also priced the same.

1681343812897.png

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #83 of 1,463
Ordered mine. Let’s wait till it arrives. If i like it, i’ll get a lavricables for it. I’m sucker for lavricables lol.

Samsies. We should compare notes once we get them. I'd definitely be interested to see what you think of them and how it jives with my impressions if you're down. 👍😎

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #84 of 1,463
First thing I always look at when it comes to Audeze HPs is the weight. So again, I went straight to the specifications and......

Weight "TBD" WTH???? Please tell me it's under 450g.

If it sounds similar to the MM-500, I'm all for it. Comfort was the only reason why I had to let that one go.

This and the new Sony MDR-MV1 are two studio cans to look out for IMO. They're also priced the same.

1681343812897.png
I'm planning on getting both and comparing

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #85 of 1,463
I'm planning on getting both and comparing
yeah MM-500 sounds really good. It's one of the few planar HPs I actually like. I tried to hold on to it, but the weight and the clamping force (even after stretching the metal band) was just too much to bear for my head.
I gave a cursory search and several sites claim MM-100 is 375g. If that's true, I'm definitely in.:beerchug::L3000::gs1000smile:

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #86 of 1,463
yeah MM-500 sounds really good. It's one of the few planar HPs I actually like. I tried to hold on to it, but the weight and the clamping force (even after stretching the metal band) was just too much to bear for my head.
I gave a cursory search and several sites claim MM-100 is 375g. If that's true, I'm definitely in.:beerchug::L3000::gs1000smile:

I hear a lot of people talk about the clamping force, but I haven't had any problems with my MM-500s. That surprises me because I have a decently big head, at least as far as hat sizes go, and have proven to be susceptible to problems with too much clamp on other sets in the last, like certain Sennheiser models for example. The MM-500s, OTOH, definitely clamp hard enough that I don't forget I'm wearing them as I can with some more comfortable sets, but I can and do still wear them for multiple hour length sessions with no problem. I wonder why? 🤔

Apr 12, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #87 of 1,463
I hear a lot of people talk about the clamping force, but I haven't had any problems with my MM-500s. That surprises me because I have a decently big head, at least as far as hat sizes go, and have proven to be susceptible to problems with too much clamp on other sets in the last, like certain Sennheiser models for example. The MM-500s, OTOH, definitely clamp hard enough that I don't forget I'm wearing them as I can with some more comfortable sets, but I can and do still wear them for multiple hour length sessions with no problem. I wonder why? 🤔
I'm perfectly fine w/ Sennheiser cans. I found the weight distribution rather poor with the MM-500. It felt like all the weight was on the earcups, and it pulled down in an awkward way. MM-100 should be fine, if the 375g weight is true.

Apr 12, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #88 of 1,463
MM-100 should be fine, if the 375g weight is true.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the weight cut. If I'm remembering the measurements correcly that makes them the same weight as my Hifiman HE560 V1s (375g) and I can wear those comfortably for as long as I want to. I mean, I've worn the HE560s for 12 hours straight before so that should mean the the weight of the MM-100s will be a non-issue.

Apr 12, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #89 of 1,463
Samsies. We should compare notes once we get them. I'd definitely be interested to see what you think of them and how it jives with my impressions if you're down. 👍😎
I will live vicariously through you cats and other reviewers I trust before making a purchase decision.

I NEVER buy a new can upon release. There are too many times where people splooge all over a new model for a few weeks, and then they start to detect flaws and be more objective once the "new-car smell" wears off.

Eager for everyone's impressions, as I still am quite excited about the promise of these cans. I'm truly curious about just how close they get to my favorite headphone I've owned, the LCD-X 2021. I don't expect the MM-100 to get 95 percent of the way there, but if it's 75-80 percent, I could be persuaded to sell my LCD-X 2021, especially since I'm digging the living hell out of my new Grado 325x with G bowl pads. I could use the net profit to save for a ZMF Aeolus, get better pads for my Grados or dive into the world of tube amps.

If this is Audeze's version of the "punch above its weight" Edition XS or HD 6XX, then I may find the jaws of life that are needed to pry open my money clip and buy these. :)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #90 of 1,463
Some cans hit people in just the right or wrong spots, man.

People GUSH over the comfort of Dan Clark Audio's Aeon models, with their deep, ear-shaped cups and plush pads. But the Aeon 2 Closed with Noire pads gripped my reasonably big head like a vise and a stupidly tight seal with the pads, causing intense cabin pressure in my ears and forcing me to sell them.

I know that's a "me" problem, not a DCA problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back