Audeze MM-100
Apr 1, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #31 of 1,447
When Audeze makes an upper mid/lower treble-centric headphone, please let me know. Or at least balanced in that area with the rest of the spectrum.

Oh and <$1000 also.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #34 of 1,447
Yeah, only that the LCD 1 were released years before the Moondrop Void...

Doesn't matter, I wouldn't have purchased it now or then. This isn't a knock to how it sounds it just looks like a toy and probably breaks like one.

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #35 of 1,447
If the mid-range is solid I will buy these in a heartbeat.

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #38 of 1,447
Not the first. That would be the LCD-1, correct?
I mean, the LCD-1 didn't meaningfully compete with any of the higher end models, while depending on what this turns out to be, I could see the MM100 competing against an LCD2C.

I don't want to make my expectations too high, as to avoid being disappointed, but color me excited for these!

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #39 of 1,447
At $400 if this is the case, then why not just purchase the Maxwell?

For those that aren't looking for a wireless headphone that's geared towards portable listening, buying something like the MM-100 to use with their DAC/Amps/combos/DAPs makes more sense, assuming it sounds good.

For example, I have no desire to own wireless full size headphones. When I'm going for portability and convinience, wireless buds/IEMs fill that role much better for me. However, I love using good over ears for listening at home or in situations where I can be plugged in and enjoying a high quality music listening experience. Basically, for someone like me the Maxwell is a non-starter, but the MM-100 represents an attractive possibility of an affordable priced planar to add to my rotation *if* Audeze gets the tuning and technical abilities right and the MM-100 is competitive and sounds good.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #40 of 1,447
For those that aren't looking for a wireless headphone that's geared towards portable listening, buying something like the MM-100 to use with their DAC/Amps/combos/DAPs makes more sense, assuming it sounds good.

For example, I have no desire to own wireless full size headphones. When I'm going for portability and convinience, wireless buds/IEMs fill that role much better for me. However, I love using good over ears for listening at home or in situations where I can be plugged in and enjoying a high quality music listening experience. Basically, for someone like me the Maxwell is a non-starter, but the MM-100 represents an attractive possibility of an affordable priced planar to add to my rotation *if* Audeze gets the tuning and technical abilities right and the MM-100 is competitive and sounds good.
If the Maxwell had a non-DSP wired headphone out, would this still be the case for you?

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #41 of 1,447
If the Maxwell had a non-DSP wired headphone out, would this still be the case for you?

I'd be down to give it a shot, but most wireless headphones that also have a wired connection ability tend to have been geard towards that wireless performance, leaving their wired performance lackluster at best. That said, if the Maxwell avoided that then I'd have no problem buying them for wired use and looking at the wireless functionality as a bonus. Out of curiosity, why do you ask? Do you know something I don't about future plans for the Maxwell?

Edit: I should add that I have heard my friend's pair wirelessly and thought they were pretty good. Also, if I were going to look into the Maxwell I would want the mic gone because I have no need for it, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #42 of 1,447
I'd be down to give it a shot, but most wireless headphones that also have a wired connection ability tend to have been geard towards that wireless performance, leaving their wired performance lackluster at best. That said, if the Maxwell avoided that then I'd have no problem buying them for wired use and looking at the wireless functionality as a bonus. Out of curiosity, why do you ask? Do you know something I don't about future plans for the Maxwell?
I recently bought Focal Bathys, and while they are very listenable / enjoyable w/Aptx Adaptive, they scale up really well wired using their internal DAC at 24 / 192.

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #43 of 1,447
I recently bought Focal Bathys, and while they are very listenable / enjoyable w/Aptx Adaptive, they scale up really well wired using their internal DAC at 24 / 192.

Good to know. I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but I'm definitely interested. One thing the Bathys definitely has going for it that the Maxwells don't is the lack of that big mic attached to one cup. I also think it's clear that the Bathys were designed with music in mind and, according the Focal, with both wired and wireless operation in mind as well. TBH though, I don't like the idea of having to use their internal DAC if you want to use them wired. It may be quite good like you said, but it would certainly make it less useful should one want to plug them into their desktop chain, or something along those lines, to use the DAC they have decided on for that purpose. Either way, I'm definitely interested to see how they sound in both modes.

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #44 of 1,447
Good to know. I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but I'm definitely interested. One thing the Bathys definitely has going for it that the Maxwells don't is the lack of that big mic attached to one cup. I also think it's clear that the Bathys were designed with music in mind and, according the Focal, with both wired and wireless operation in mind as well. TBH though, I don't like the idea of having to use their internal DAC if you want to use them wired. It may be quite good like you said, but it would certainly make it less useful should one want to plug them into their desktop chain, or something along those lines, to use the DAC they have decided on for that purpose. Either way, I'm definitely interested to see how they sound in both modes.
I believe boom is is detachable and there are internal noise cancelling mic's as well.

Apr 3, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #45 of 1,447

Users who are viewing this thread

Back