Audeze LCD3 Initial Impression
Oct 18, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #166 of 347
I'm also getting tired of people suggesting that I didn't take the source into account when I have clearly brought it up many times.

Pete's sake, Maxvla is a magazine reporter! Let's not treat him like a newbie like me.

Just kidding, not making fun of you Maxvla.

I wonder if it's worth considering the LCD3 with a portable rig like CLAS-DB2-SR71B

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #167 of 347
I think someone might have posted impressions with LCD3 and the SR71B or at least with the new Rx amp. Not sure where they posted it, though.

By the way GG, if you are still looking at customs. The UERMs are quite nice :)

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #168 of 347
I think someone might have posted impressions with LCD3 and the SR71B or at least with the new Rx amp. Not sure where they posted it, though.
By the way GG, if you are still looking at customs. The UERMs are quite nice :)

I read it all :) I hear it did extremely well as well, but it seems silly to me now to have such a high end phone priced at $2000, with mere portables. :p

I did consider the UERM, but the lack of bass was the dealbreaker for me. I'm looking at Miracles vs. ES5 at the moment.

Oct 18, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #169 of 347

Quote:
It's not impossible. I'm already doing it...

Me three, I keep wanting to upgrade to more new and shiny things but I really enjoy what I have so there's no need 
gs1000.gif

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #170 of 347

Quote:
I have said that I would be the first in line for a pair of LCD3's IF and only IF they are truly OUTSTANDING. 

The only reason I have used the Stax 009 as a bar, is because it's a 5200.00 headphone that many have said nothing compares to. Now as much as I love my LCD2 v1, the LCD3 can't be slightly better. They can't be a 5-20% improvement, they need to be a vast improvment. And because of the price point I hope that most people interested are going to make dam sure they are worth it. 

Someone on the thread wondered if other companies would now come out with 2000+ flagship headphones because of Audeze's move to raise the "flagship bar" to 2000k. Someone else answered that they indeed thought that other companies would follow suit, but in my opinion Sony, Senheiser, and everyone else can come out with a 10,000.00 headphone and this would mean nothing without having a product to match the price.

It's up to us the people who are buying these products to be as honest as we can with each other in these groups. If the Audeze LCD3 (which I have not yet heard) is really only a small improvement over the v1 or v2 then we shouldn't buy the LCD3, this is the only way we can send a clear message to the manufacturers, telling them that the price must justify the product. 

If we don't do this all "flagship" headphones (Amps etc) are going to be priced at the 2000-5000 mark within a year or two, when they could have been priced at the same 1000.00 price point of today. 

Remember that if a company releases a product with a massive profit margin, and they sell a massive amount of product. Other companies say ie.. "are you serious....they sold 200,000 units....let's follow suit"

These threads could (they don't always do, but they could) keep everyone honest. 

My 2 cents. 

:wink:

+1 !!

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #171 of 347

Quote:
SR-007 is $2600 at Woo. R10s are normally around $4k or more. I suppose the O2 is close enough to consider competition, but the R10s are not. The fact that they are being compared is really telling of how good the LCD3s are.

Hmm, firstly , the only comparisons here have been against LCD2 and SR009. where has it been compared to the O2 or R10 , i want to read that .

secondly, some have said the r10 and o2 are in same league, thats why i said that . if you go by the current market price he90 and SR009 should be in different league.  but thats not the case.

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #173 of 347

Quote:

Hmm, firstly , the only comparisons here have been against LCD2 and SR009. where has it been compared to the O2 or R10 , i want to read that .

secondly, some have said the r10 and o2 are in same league, thats why i said that . if you go by the current market price he900 and SR009 should be in different league.  but thats not the case.

There have been some comparisons against the he-60 and hifiman he-6 too on the canjam impressions thread

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #174 of 347
dyl1dyl1, you have the 802D !! Why are you so obsessed with headphones still? My speakers are considerably cheaper than my SR009 but I actually prefer listening to it when I am at home. I use my SR009 only when I listen to albums which I really really like and first listening when I buy albums. I prefer my speakers for casual listening more. In office I have to use the LCD2 since speakers would be too loud although I have my own office room.

No matter how transparent and good tonality headphones can bring, the realism of headphones just can't beat speakers, IMO, because of the sound staging. I have yet to try the Smyth Realizer, but so far my experience is that with good source and amp, speakers can really present a live feeling. There are many reviews here stating that you get the feeling that you are there with certain headphones - well you don't, not even close. With speakers you can actually have the feeling that the singer is standing in front of you and sing to you, and this is much better than her singing in your head IMO, although the one who sings in the head may be a better singer.

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #175 of 347
I wonder how well the LCD-3 will paid with a HeadRoom BUDA/UDAC/DPS setup.

It should be very nice as it drives the lcd2 very nice and my experience with Lcd2 and Lcd3 when drive by the same amp can do a very nice job.

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #176 of 347

Quote:
We have to agree to disagree.

In a sine wave, the positive portion represents a positive pressure and the negative portion is negative pressure.  The rate of change in a sinewave is gradual. 

A transient event is closer to an instantaneous change in pressure, or closer to an infinite acceleration rate.  The closer a driver can instantaneous pressurise and de-pressurise would mean a driver more able to overcome inertia, mass is a variable function of inertia.  A driver is a motorised air pump, no more no less.

A driver can float like a butterfly, but can it sting like a bee?

Continued in the Sound Science forum

http://www.head-fi.org/t/576349/fast-drivers-continued-from-lcd-3-impressions-thread

se

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #180 of 347

Quote:
Judging from how a Headroom Max Balanced works with the LCD-2 (the LCD-3 should have only minor changes, a little more sensitivity and I believe the same impedance) it should be "fine."  Dark Star-level juice is necessary more for HE-6's or if you want to look like this:

Or inadvertently want to blow up your LCD-3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back