AUDEZE LCD XC
May 6, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #4,111 of 4,142
I am testing the lcd xc older model and wonder which has a warmer fuller sound the new 2021 version or the older model

what is the consensus bout which members prefer here

would pad rolling be advised on the older model
Listen I think that is a very interesting comparison. I have the the 2019 model (fazor) and have had it for 4 years now. I still absolutely love it, but it is extremely critical. Has a touch of warmth mainly because the XC (2019) has a bit of slam, but my Final Audio D-8000 has really taken over as my #1 headphone because it is the warmest and most inviting headphone I’ve ever experienced. The XC needs quality recordings that are mastered well.

In any case. I’d love to hear the comparisons because I’ve yet to hear the 2021 revision of the headphone. I’m sure it is great. :wink:

Jul 1, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #4,112 of 4,142
Is there currently a way to upgrade the drivers with audeze?

Also, how bad is this? I can’t hear any quality difference to the other side that doesn’t have this tear.

Attachments

• IMG_8615.jpeg
    IMG_8615.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jul 1, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #4,113 of 4,142
Is there currently a way to upgrade the drivers with audeze?

Also, how bad is this? I can’t hear any quality difference to the other side that doesn’t have this tear.
I would be interested in know Audeze driver replacement cost? I love my LCD-XC 2021 model. Would definitely fix it if something damages the drivers.

Jul 2, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #4,114 of 4,142

It looks bad, but then again not a problem if you don't hear a difference. If I were you I'd still probably ask about the cost of either fixing or replacing that driver.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 11, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #4,116 of 4,142
Hello everyone. Unfortunately, the pads on my Audeze LCD XC from 2016 are no longer in the best condition over the years, which is why I want to replace them. Do you have a clear recommendation? I'm aware that there are also Dekoni pads in addition to Audeze, but unfortunately I can't figure it out given the sheer number of choices. I am grateful for your tips.

Oct 11, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #4,117 of 4,142
Hello everyone. Unfortunately, the pads on my Audeze LCD XC from 2016 are no longer in the best condition over the years, which is why I want to replace them. Do you have a clear recommendation? I'm aware that there are also Dekoni pads in addition to Audeze, but unfortunately I can't figure it out given the sheer number of choices. I am grateful for your tips.
I can't say much about the Dekoni pads as I've never heard them, but I've replaced the pads on my LCD-XC from 2014 with new ones from Audeze and I'm very satisfied with them.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #4,118 of 4,142
My experience with Dekoni Pads are with the DT1990 Pro and that whole series by Beyerdynamic...
I had the Elite Hybrids and I thought that while they were comfortable and very thick, they just handled the sound terribly...altering it to a fake boomy, mid hollow mess...I can't recommend them...or at least that particular scenario...

Blessings,
-J

Oct 11, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #4,119 of 4,142
I can't say much about the Dekoni pads as I've never heard them, but I've replaced the pads on my LCD-XC from 2014 with new ones from Audeze and I'm very satisfied with them.
thank you for your opinion. Do the new Audeze pads offer a good seal? I saw that the new pads no longer go as deep into the ear as the old ones, so I was a little unsure. The Dekoni, on the other hand, offer more of a classic design. There are velor and leather pads but also fenestrated ones. I just want a higher bass impact or a deeper bass if possible, or at least not less than with the current pads

Oct 11, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #4,120 of 4,142
My experience with Dekoni Pads are with the DT1990 Pro and that whole series by Beyerdynamic...
I had the Elite Hybrids and I thought that while they were comfortable and very thick, they just handled the sound terribly...altering it to a fake boomy, mid hollow mess...I can't recommend them...or at least that particular scenario...

Blessings,
-J
2:0 For Audeze. Maybe i should ask is there a differece in sound between the synthetic leather (and no im not a fan of the material) or the real leather one in terms of sound?

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #4,122 of 4,142
Looking to get a summit tube ( or a SS amp to tame the XC ) amp for my XC's. Looking at Eddie Current, and a Auris Audio. Anyone have recommendations or experience with the brands I mentioned? Thanks

Jan 21, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #4,124 of 4,142
My goodness. Spent some time with the LCD-XC today and am blown away. Still formulating my thoughts, but maybe the standout impression is that they sound more like speakers in a room, than any other headphone I’ve heard yet. Very enjoyable - and should be useful for mixing too!
I use the 2021 version of the LCD-XC EQ'ed. Very resolving headphones, especially when noise floor of the system is reduced. Takes to EQ like a champ, can make them sound like however I want. Amazing headphones.

Jan 21, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #4,125 of 4,142
My goodness. Spent some time with the LCD-XC today and am blown away. Still formulating my thoughts, but maybe the standout impression is that they sound more like speakers in a room, than any other headphone I’ve heard yet. Very enjoyable - and should be useful for mixing too!

I use the 2021 version of the LCD-XC EQ'ed. Very resolving headphones, especially when noise floor of the system is reduced. Takes to EQ like a champ, can make them sound like however I want. Amazing headphones.
I had an earlier version of the XC (Bocote wood) and sold them because I was still searching for 'the perfect headphone'. A year and half later I bought the 2021 version and I will never sell these. I use them with my RME ADI-2 at home and on work trips. Heavenly sound with EQ. I have heard nearly every headphone worth mentioning. Entry level, high end and nearly everything in between. Susvara, HE1, Abyss 1266 etc. The 2021 LCD-XC is my absolute favorite out of all of them. My leather headband is just starting to show signs of wear, so I am going to order one of these Understated Montreal headbands in Buffalo leather.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back