AUDEZE LCD XC
Sep 19, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #3,167 of 4,142
Oil finishes do work really well on rosewood lol

Here's the quote btw: "The LCD-XC uses machined solid-wood cups which are treated outside and inside with custom-developed resin coatings to minimize wall resonances.” From here

Also I bought one yesterday. The iDSD Black Label is a really good pair in terms of portable amps, right?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #3,168 of 4,142
Oil finishes do work really well on rosewood lol

Here's the quote btw: "The LCD-XC uses machined solid-wood cups which are treated outside and inside with custom-developed resin coatings to minimize wall resonances.” From here

Also I bought one yesterday. The iDSD Black Label is a really good pair in terms of portable amps, right?

I personally wouldn't be able to trust anything said in that review link. The article starts off talking about the XC's having bubinga cups then halfway down the article says they're rosewood...

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #3,169 of 4,142
Yeah there's some weird stuff in that article.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with these headphones as a 'as close as I can get to a closed LCD-3'

Edit: nevermind, I missed the part where everyone seems to be burning in the iDSD for 100-300 hours before expecting it to sound right. I had no idea

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #3,171 of 4,142
Hey All,
Just got my pair of XC's.

Reviewing the thread, but am curious to hear from long time owners on their thoughts.

Thanks,
Darren
Worst pair of headphones... for the first month. After their first full moon they transform into something beautiful.

You can't expect the dark velvety sound from them as you would from a pair of LCD-2 or 3's. They're neutral and a slightly recessed midrange.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #3,172 of 4,142
Supply the LCD-XC’s with some decent power aan you’ll love them

Sep 25, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #3,173 of 4,142
Hey All,
Just got my pair of XC's.

Reviewing the thread, but am curious to hear from long time owners on their thoughts.

Thanks,
Darren
Give your ears some time to adjust to their sound. After that you'll love them.

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #3,174 of 4,142
The XC's are currently my favorite hp their sq is outstanding you'll very much enjoy them..

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #3,177 of 4,142
Appreciate the feedback.

I've got great sources and a couple nice amps. Solid state and tube.
I am into closed back phones and the XCs seem like they will match my listening preferences.

Sep 27, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #3,178 of 4,142
Not sure why people keep mentioning high power requirements. These are 20 ohm with 100 db sensitivity. They sound just fine and get plenty loud with my old USB powered Centrance Dacport. On a Questyle CMA600i I barely get above 9 o'clock.

Sep 27, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #3,179 of 4,142
Not sure why people keep mentioning high power requirements. These are 20 ohm with 100 db sensitivity. They sound just fine and get plenty loud with my old USB powered Centrance Dacport. On a Questyle CMA600i I barely get above 9 o'clock.
Agreed, they are fairly easy to drive. It's just that the drivers seem to respond better with more power. It's the same way on the LCD-2 closed back's. Everything tightens up and sounds better to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back