AUDEZE LCD XC
Mar 21, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #1,936 of 4,144

I have tried 4 cables on my XC, the Q Audio cable has been the best match so far. Gives the best treble tone.

I'm using Wywires Red for my X and XC cans.

The cables are a bit stiff and somewhat harsh, when new, but with age both flexibility and listenability mellow nicely.  The sound becomes great - more open than the Audez'e stock cables.

Contact Alex and he will personally help you with your order.  All cables are custom and hand-made to your need.

www.wywires.com/headphone-cables/

Cheers -
RCB

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #1,938 of 4,144
Hi guys,

I have a pair of LCD-XCs in the classifieds for those who may be interested ...

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,939 of 4,144
Guys, I just bought a brand new LCD-XC from ebay, in fact this is the most expensive headphone I ever buy, coming from HD650 and D7100 I hope I will not regret.
(based on reviews) I think the LCD-XC is the right headphone for me, I don't like a heavy bass like D7100 , I just want the right bunch of bass, also I like close headphone with decent isolation and great soundstage. I have yulong D200. I hope its a good match with LCD-XC.

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,941 of 4,144
  Guys, I just bought a brand new LCD-XC from ebay, in fact this is the most expensive headphone I ever buy, coming from HD650 and D7100 I hope I will not regret.
(based on reviews) I think the LCD-XC is the right headphone for me, I don't like a heavy bass like D7100 , I just want the right bunch of bass, also I like close headphone with decent isolation and great soundstage. I have yulong D200. I hope its a good match with LCD-XC.

Was comparing my modded Fostex T50rp and LCD2F and the XC's bass is wowza good. It's more bass but it is much better. Goes much deeper and it does it so effortlessly on the XC.. Still my fav can by far. Loving the suspension belt I put on it. :p

Mar 30, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #1,942 of 4,144

Was comparing my modded Fostex T50rp and LCD2F and the XC's bass is wowza good. It's more bass but it is much better. Goes much deeper and it does it so effortlessly on the XC.. Still my fav can by far. Loving the suspension belt I put on it. :p

Where did you get that suspension belt? I think I may need something like that. Lots of pressure at the very top of my head. Other than that, the LCD-XC destroys my LCD-2 in sound quality.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #1,943 of 4,144
Where did you get that suspension belt? I think I may need something like that. Lots of pressure at the very top of my head. Other than that, the LCD-XC destroys my LCD-2 in sound quality.

I made them myself out of some canvas belts. They were new and not used. I just prefer leather belts so it was pretty much useless to me. I figured I'd try modding it and it worked really well.

It takes slight modification to get it on such as removing the leather padding and cups from the headband. Aside from that it can be done in 5 mins and is completely reversible with no signs of ever being done.

I'd be more than happy to send ya one for $5 to cover shipping but if you're broke like me I'll send ya one anyway. I only have a few more left tho. The only color I have is the OD Green below but I can get tons of other colors from Amazon. Id like to try black or khaki. For those I'd have to ask for $10-15 and I'll make ya a couple. That'll cover shipping and the belt.

I do add rubber washers to help keep the belt from moving but those were like 10 cents a piece from Lowes. It adds a bit more style and some usefulness. It's optional but does help keep it pulled snug up against the headband.

Not doing them for profit. Just extending it on to those who could use it. The soft canvas belt is much better than the leather tho. I could probably so an actual belt easily but the canvas is soft and doesn't tug on hair like leather can. I have found that after a few hours the top of my head no longer hurts but now I feel it in my neck which is better I suppose since the weight us really slowing. That said it's very minor compared to the pain I was getting in the past of just using a leather pad or a cushioned pad. Hopefully that makes sense.

In short it sits more comfortably on my head now the even weight distribution is very nice but it can still be a pain but its unrelated to the suspension, just the weight having its toll.

Just PM me if interested. If not feel free to try it yourself. I'll send ya measurements. I use a soldering iron to burn holes thru the belt so it stays stronger and I tuck in so it looks nicer but is still adjustable. I like keeping the height at the absolute lowest since I'm already on the last 2 pegs anyways. Could call it a low rider suspension. :p

Ugh I've written a novel, I'll shut up now. PM me or Quote me for any questions or interest in getting one.

PS: The belt does stay on place. It is rigid enough to stay upright without folding in on itself but if you shake it it'll cave. I like that because it keep the material soft and cushy without being hard. My first trial run was with an actual seat belt. It worked much better than stock but the rigidness if it could add up to head pain because it had no give when and where you needed it.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,944 of 4,144
Placed the order for my LCD XC (originally was supposed to be the closed EL8), soon I will join the party, anyone here is using the Hifi-M8 to drive them? My desktop amp is hdva600 and I'm afraid it won't do a nice job. 

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #1,945 of 4,144
  Placed the order for my LCD XC (originally was supposed to be the closed EL8), soon I will join the party, anyone here is using the Hifi-M8 to drive them? My desktop amp is hdva600 and I'm afraid it won't do a nice job. 

Why do you think it won't do a good job? You can drive these bad boys straight out of a phone. My Schiit Mjolnir is usually only at 1/4 volume knob lol.

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,946 of 4,144
  Why do you think it won't do a good job? You can drive these bad boys straight out of a phone. My Schiit Mjolnir is usually only at 1/4 volume knob lol.

The hdva 600 output impedance is 40 ohm on balanced,  I'm afraid this would give to the lcd a muddy and bassy sound... but this is just my concern

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,947 of 4,144
  The hdva 600 output impedance is 40 ohm on balanced,  I'm afraid this would give to the lcd a muddy and bassy sound... but this is just my concern

Yes, that's exactly what I hear.

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #1,948 of 4,144
quote name="thomascrown" url="/t/691151/audeze-lcd-xc/1935#post_11470163"]The hdva 600 output impedance is 40 ohm on balanced,  I'm afraid this would give to the lcd a muddy and bassy sound... but this is just my concern
[/quote]
You might definitely want a lower Z amp. I've used the Schiit Mjolnir almost all the time with the Audez'e HPs. Another amp that is versatile and very good is the Project Ember. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back