AUDEZE LCD XC
Mar 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #993 of 4,137
Im such a newbie that I didnt know there was an actual company named schiit.
I thought you were referring to a different word...

https://schiit.com/
Very well made products, just haven't cared a lot for their sound, at least the ones I have heard.
Would like to try out their new Mjolnir though.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #994 of 4,137
To use for my HD-600's, I decided to get a new headphone stand, however after trying my LCD-XC's on that stand, I preferred how they sat and looked more than the HD-600's.
So I'm now using that new stand for my LCD's, and the one I was using before is being used with my 600's.
My new stand is the Rooms Audio Line Type FS S and it's available in different finishes, but I liked Black the most.

Here are some photo's of the new stand with and without my LCD's on, and one with both my LCD's and 600's.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #995 of 4,137
Nice cable !

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #997 of 4,137
As you probably know, it's the DHC Complement 2 ( 4 pin XLR ) . I'm assuming that's the one you're referring to because the one on the HD-600's is a custom made silver 4 pin XLR that's plugged into my Pico Slim.

Ya I know this cable, very nice ! I wish I have some spare funding :)
Anyways ! looks very good ! :)

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #998 of 4,137
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what did you use for your headband? I just noticed that wasn't the stock Audeze headband, and it looks really neat.

Quote:
  To use for my HD-600's, I decided to get a new headphone stand, however after trying my LCD-XC's on that stand, I preferred how they sat and looked more than the HD-600's.
So I'm now using that new stand for my LCD's, and the one I was using before is being used with my 600's.
My new stand is the Rooms Audio Line Type FS S and it's available in different finishes, but I liked Black the most.

Here are some photo's of the new stand with and without my LCD's on, and one with both my LCD's and 600's.

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #999 of 4,137
Hi No_One411,

I used a Senn HD-600 complete replacement headband.
I've posted photo's showing how I did it, and also wrote in some of those posts explaining what I did.
If you search through the posts I've done you'll see. Some are on the LCD-XC thread, and others on Mods for the SR-009 thread. ( for my 009's I used the HD-650 complete replacement headband )

Dave.

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #1,000 of 4,137
Hi No_One411,

I used a Senn HD-600 complete replacement headband.
I've posted photo's showing how I did it, and also wrote in some of those posts explaining what I did.
If you search through the posts I've done you'll see. Some are on the LCD-XC thread, and others on Mods for the SR-009 thread. ( for my 009's I used the HD-650 complete replacement headband )

Dave.

Thanks for the help! I'll take a look. 

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #1,001 of 4,137
Oh dear...I did a three way shoot out yesterday between my xc, and two portable on the go alternative...the nad hp50 and beyerdynamic T5p....as I've said before, my favourite headphone ever is the audeze LCD 3, but I need closed back....in my search in general and my test yesterday I discovered something shocking....I think I prefer the sound character (notice I didn't say quality) of the NAD over the t5p, which may not be that surprising as the NAD is warmer, to the beyers leaner brighter character....but oh dear....I also preferred it to my xc! The xc was closer to the leaner brighter sound of the t5p than the hp50 our lcd3. This is character only, not resolution or ultimate realism....which is important, but not as much as the character you prefer. So in summary...the NAD hp50 is like a mini lcd3 (ish) and my xc will be traded for something else :frowning2: the fostex th900 seems to be my last chance of closed back high end....

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #1,002 of 4,137
Oh dear...I did a three way shoot out yesterday between my xc, and two portable on the go alternative...the nad hp50 and beyerdynamic T5p....as I've said before, my favourite headphone ever is the audeze LCD 3, but I need closed back....in my search in general and my test yesterday I discovered something shocking....I think I prefer the sound character (notice I didn't say quality) of the NAD over the t5p, which may not be that surprising as the NAD is warmer, to the beyers leaner brighter character....but oh dear....I also preferred it to my xc! The xc was closer to the leaner brighter sound of the t5p than the hp50 our lcd3. This is character only, not resolution or ultimate realism....which is important, but not as much as the character you prefer. So in summary...the NAD hp50 is like a mini lcd3 (ish) and my xc will be traded for something else :frowning2: the fostex th900 seems to be my last chance of closed back high end....

For the record, I prefer the NAD HP50s to the beyer T5ps as well. But in the end, I'd take the LCD-XC over either of them. 

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #1,003 of 4,137
I have been listening to some new music on Spotify in my car and with IEMs at work, just got to put on my LCD-XCs for a while and was so blown away - you forget what they are like then you fall in love all over again.

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #1,005 of 4,137
One of the things I very much like about the LCD-XC's, is I can use mine with my Pico Slim / iPod, to which I think they sound very good.
ATM, I'm having my living room decorated, and it's in that room I have and listen to my main headphone systems. So while my living room's been decorated, I'm unable to listen to my main gear. ( I've put my main audio equipment in another room )
I could set it up in that other room, but rather than do that I'm happy just to listen to my LCD's with my Pico Slim / iPod.
Obviously my LCD's while using my Pico Slim / iPod don't sound as good as when using my GS-Xmk2 / K-01, but I'm still very happy with the SQ.
I feel this makes the LCD-XC's quite versatile and I'm very happy that I own a pair.

P.S. I also sometimes use my HD-600's with the Pico Slim / iPod, but to my hearing the LCD-XC's give better SQ, I also don't have to put the volume as loud as I do when using the HD-600's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back