AUDEZE LCD XC
Feb 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #916 of 4,137

Well, all I can tell you is that if you're making $1699 purchases without understanding the terms of sale, then that's on you. Taking issue with it after the fact is sour grapes. Would it be nice if every single company on earth had a return policy as liberal as Amazon? Sure it would. But younger companies often can't afford to have such practices, especially when it's in a product category where so many people would be looking to take advantage of such a policy for the purposes of auditioning the product. Audeze has a dealer network, and if that wasn't a convenient way for you to audition the product, then you should have contacted Audeze directly and asked if they could assist you in arranging a demo. 

You'll find post after post after post of people who have found their customer service to be excellent, and an even higher number of people who have found their products excellent. I'm sorry you feel otherwise, but in my opinion the way you're handling this is unfair and immature. 

This is where we simply disagree. We have two different visions of people, business and society. You're of the sorry you didn't "understand[] the terms of sale, that's on you" type and I'm of the Sennheiser type. You are of the type who try to insult a person for sharing their experiences, by calling them "unfair and immature" and you have places like Amazon that cherish customer feedback. You have your vision of the world, I have mine.

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #917 of 4,137

This is where we simply disagree. We have two different visions of people, business and society. You're of the sorry you didn't "understand[] the terms of sale, that's on you" type and I'm of the Sennheiser type. You are of the type who try to insult a person for sharing their experiences, by calling them "unfair and immature" and you have places like Amazon that cherish customer feedback. You have your vision of the world, I have mine.

Actually I'd say I'm more the "common sense" type :wink:  And I'm sure if you offer feedback to Audeze directly, they'll be very interested and gracious. 

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #918 of 4,137

Actually I'd say I'm more the "common sense" type :wink:  And I'm sure if you offer feedback to Audeze directly, they'll be very interested and gracious. 

Edit: OK thanks. By the way to all, I don't mean at all to keep talking about this indefinitely in this thread. I just wanted share my experiences in case it helped others. There's really no need to discuss it further.

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #919 of 4,137
I am curious what Audeze will do with all the returned headphones ? I don't see open-box item sale, maybe they burn ? :)

Theres a very simple way to find out.

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #920 of 4,137
I agree with that. When I read the comments about them working well out of an MP3 player or laptop I tried it myself and was underwhelmed. The gulf in performance between an iPhone and a good amp like the RWA Cassabria is astronomical. I think Audeze should take that blurb off their website because people are clearly going to end up disappointed if they buy headphones like these and run them off sub-par equipment. It's going to lead to a lot of headphones being returned to the manufacturer.

+1. I tried it through my iPhone and to me it was almost pathetic. For crying out loud, I was initially underwhelmed when I used it with my Gungnir/Mojo stack (but fortunately not for long).

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #921 of 4,137
Feb 18, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #922 of 4,137
HOURS OF OPERATION 
10:00 a.m. 05:00 p.m. (PST)

MAILING ADDRESS
Audeze LLC.
10725 Ellis Ave, Unit E
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Tel: (714) 581-8010
Fax: (702) 823-0333

SUPPORT & GENERAL INFORMATION
support@audeze.com

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #923 of 4,137
  HOURS OF OPERATION 
10:00 a.m. 05:00 p.m. (PST)

MAILING ADDRESS
Audeze LLC.
10725 Ellis Ave, Unit E
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Tel: (714) 581-8010
Fax: (702) 823-0333

SUPPORT & GENERAL INFORMATION
support@audeze.com

haha, ya, got it, thanks !

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #924 of 4,137
Please post if you find out; now I'm curious.

I'll admit that I never understood why a consumer product devalues so significantly because someone uses it. A brand new car with 5 miles, that has never been sold to a consumer, is worth thousands (sometimes many many thousands) of dollars more than the exact same car that was purchased, driven for 300 miles, and returned. Similarly, a perfectly good Sennheiser factory inspected and tested and warrantied HD800 from Crutchfield is worth $400 less than an equivalent HD800 purchased brand new. I've also seen people struggling to sell new LCD XCs online, in the forums here, or on Ebay, that were just a few weeks old even though they are offering pretty decent discounts (especially if you factor in sales tax). (Although I admit that I purchased my LCD XC and HD800 brand new because, hey, who wants something used right?)

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #925 of 4,137
Doesn't everyone think headphones should have a burn in period? If they replaced the ear pads what difference would it make? Actually they should be better than a pair off the assembly line.
Like in photography and the many returns on lenses because of real or imagined good copy/bad copy syndrome. For sure it probably varies from company to company but I can't expect anyone to trash items costing hundreds or thousands of dollars. I would run it through quality control and if it met all our specs I would rebox and reship.
In the end everyone should take responsibility for their own decisions. Because you didn't read the fine print is your bad judgement. There are extenuating circumstances many times that the dealer or manufacturer will make exceptions for. You could have said you forgot you was deaf when you bought them. :p
I in my haste did a buy it now on flea-bay from a foreign country for an item that was for 220 current only. The seller understood. Yeah I was an idiot. But I would have also accepted the fact that the auction had a no return policy.
Audeze wants happy customers. I know that from past dealings with them.

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #926 of 4,137
All so very quite again here....the sister phone, X, seems to be grabbing all the attention. Maybe those that own or have demoed this phone can suggest players and portable/desktop apps which they consider a good match, now people have had a chance to listen extensively. My experience is that my colorfly C4 does an ok job on it's own...but still waiting for consensus on the accepted best and best value amp partner to rise to the top....

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #927 of 4,137
Cables can be a worthy upgrade but they're probably the last link in the chain. I wouldn't bother investing in an expensive cable unless my amp and DAC were at a level capable of showing what the cable could do. If you're using budget gear, there are better and more effective ways to upgrade.

Huge +1
Look to your electronics first, second and third before cables

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #928 of 4,137
Yesterday I heard for the first time LCD XC first closed headphone from Audeze

Source : iPhone 4s
Dac : Cypher Labs Class Solo Original
Amp : Cypher Labs Duet
Headphone : LCD XC

Sound Quality :
very impressed with the sound quality from this first closed headphone from Audeze LCD XC pair with my set up .
LCD XC sound quality is different from the other Audeze House Sound character like LCD 2 rev 3 and LCD 3 .
IMO

Demo unit LCD XC

My friend brand new out the box LCD XC

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #930 of 4,137
  I wonder, 
Can an LCD-X turn into an LCD-XC by screwing these wood pad ?

I was thinking the opposite, LCD-XC without the woodpad = LCDX ?
If so I might buy one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back