AUDEZE LCD XC
Jan 27, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #601 of 4,136
If anyone was wondering, the gray rings have been officially discontinued.

Jan 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #604 of 4,136
  That's ********.  I liked the way the gray rings looked with the wood more than the black rings.

It was a supplier issue. Maybe they will get a new supplier in the future and be able to re-offer it.
I personally prefer the black...

Called regarding my order, I asked and at least for now, only bubinga will be available. I liked that the best anyway. Other options may be offered later as limited editions. Sounds like if you have something other than black/bubinga you may have something of a collector's item.

Regarding changing cups, others have reported here that doing so voids your warranty. Not sure how "official" that is. An aftermarket cup also would be unlikely to have the exact same sonic signature of the stock ones since shape, thickness and damping all has an effect.

Waiting to get my ship notice.

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #608 of 4,136
Yes I'm very happy with them. Now they are my favourite closed headphones behind T5p. They are a lot brighter as LCD3. Fantastic balanced sound with superb soundstage.

T5p is one of my favorite headphones.  T5p are my favorite for portability.  Although to me the LCD-XC is better sounding, the T5ps are surprisingly close...plus, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing the XCs in public out of a portable rig...too heavy and they would look ridiculous outside of the home.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #610 of 4,136
Bet the bass is a million times better out of the XC.

Among other things. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #611 of 4,136
  T5p is one of my favorite headphones.  T5p are my favorite for portability.  Although to me the LCD-XC is better sounding, the T5ps are surprisingly close...plus, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing the XCs in public out of a portable rig...too heavy and they would look ridiculous outside of the home.

T5p + LCD-XC are the best closed headphones I ever own! I also have TH900 + W3000ANV which are very close to both.

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #614 of 4,136

Users who are viewing this thread

Back