AUDEZE LCD XC
Jan 24, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #571 of 4,142
Were other wood choices time-limited or there was just too little demand for them? I find it hart to believe that they would be losing so much by having couple of those walnut/purple heart/akiko wood cups laying around just in case someone does not order widely liked bubinga. I saw it as a nice touch, something different from other top closed wooden headphones, you don't see often having different options for wood type/finish.
On the other hand, having only one option now effectively solves my problem whether I should get walnut or purple heart cups :D

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #572 of 4,142
I think that stinks. They should not have offered the choices if they could not sustain production. I had my heart set on the walnut and was about to pull the trigger. Yes the aesthetics had put the final GAS symptom of "I just got to have a pair of those". Now I can just wait around for a pair of any kinda wood to surface on the used market.
Oh well. :mad:

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #573 of 4,142
I think that stinks. They should not have offered the choices if they could not sustain production. I had my heart set on the walnut and was about to pull the trigger. Yes the aesthetics had put the final GAS symptom of "I just got to have a pair of those". Now I can just wait around for a pair of any kinda wood to surface on the used market.
Oh well.
mad.gif

I totally agree with you.

Although you can't regret your choice now, like I always do, since you cannnot choose anymore.

And in the end it's the sound that matters, right?

Jan 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #574 of 4,142
Were other wood choices time-limited or there was just too little demand for them? I find it hart to believe that they would be losing so much by having couple of those walnut/purple heart/akiko wood cups laying around just in case someone does not order widely liked bubinga. I saw it as a nice touch, something different from other top closed wooden headphones, you don't see often having different options for wood type/finish.
On the other hand, having only one option now effectively solves my problem whether I should get walnut or purple heart cups :D

I have bubinga but it wasn't my first choice. If I'd been able to find them in stock, I'd have taken the purple heart.

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #576 of 4,142
I have bubinga but it wasn't my first choice. If I'd been able to find them in stock, I'd have taken the purple heart.

The black rings are also gone from the website and I already had confirmation from Audeze that this is not a permanent decision.
I suspect that the other options will reappear when they got stock. Ask Audeze if you want to know for sure.
I wanted the Bubinga and while I prefer the black rings, I went ahead and ordered my pair with gray. Not that much of a difference to worry about.

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #577 of 4,142
What would be really great: if, after demand stabilizes, Audeze could offer the cups separately for those of us who like a little variety ^_^
After all swapping them involves just 4 screws (x2)...

Jan 24, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #579 of 4,142

The black rings are also gone from the website and I already had confirmation from Audeze that this is not a permanent decision.
I suspect that the other options will reappear when they got stock. Ask Audeze if you want to know for sure.
I wanted the Bubinga and while I prefer the black rings, I went ahead and ordered my pair with gray. Not that much of a difference to worry about.

Guys,

A possible solution - Martin Lantinen (Head Fi member) owns Martin Custom Audio and he does custom cups.  Did my D2000 with Cocobolo Rosewood and they are amazing.  His work is amazing - a real perfectionist.  Imagine him making you a set that is not mass produced and unique to you.  That's the way to go with an almost $2K headphone.

Jan 24, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #580 of 4,142

Guys,

A possible solution - Martin Lantinen (Head Fi member) owns Martin Custom Audio and he does custom cups.  Did my D2000 with Cocobolo Rosewood and they are amazing.  His work is amazing - a real perfectionist.  Imagine him making you a set that is not mass produced and unique to you.  That's the way to go with an almost $2K headphone.

That is one nice aftermarket cups, do you mind how much was the damage ?

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #581 of 4,142
Jan 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #582 of 4,142
$250 including fitting the cups to the headphones.

Guys/Gals, forget the cups...connect the XC to the Emotiva and crank it up just a bit...music heaven with nary a thought about the wood....rocking with the Eagles right now and the detail is superb...This has to be the best closed HP currently (IMO of course)....And before the TH 900 fans chew my head off, I have that can too..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back