AUDEZE LCD XC
Nov 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #182 of 4,144
Hello guys,
I want to get a big upgrade from my A900X's. Those LCD-XC look simply awesome and very interesting... I need to know if the ALO Rx MKIII B+ will be able to drive them very well, or not even worth a try ?

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #183 of 4,144
Nov 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #185 of 4,144
The impressions compared to the TH900s are interesting. With music that has thumping bass the LCD-XCs feel like they could do with more of a kick in the pants in that region for pure enjoyment factor.

The first thing that strikes me when doing an A/B comparo with the TH900 is the LCD-XC's speed. It does transients (particularly in the midrange and highs) very well. Sadly, the way it (and all other planars I've experienced) handles note decays is less impressive. The way notes die down into silence, I've always felt that dynamics do that much better.

I think you meant "regular dynamics", but I agree that has always been one of the complaints with planers, that they are fast to deliver notes, but can be sluggish to end them. I remember when we were all ranting about the LCD-2s someone who was a big classical music listener observed that he couldn't make out as many individual instruments on a particular track as he could with the HD-800s. The LCD-3 were required to solve that.

Quote:
  Hello guys,
I want to get a big upgrade from my A900X's. Those LCD-XC look simply awesome and very interesting... I need to know if the ALO Rx MKIII B+ will be able to drive them very well, or not even worth a try ?

I tried the 3B when it first came out and it was very good with orthos.

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #186 of 4,144
It looks so beautiful 
o2smile.gif

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #187 of 4,144
Definitely beautiful.

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #188 of 4,144
Hello all:

Got the XCs after an 18-day wait at customs ! I challenge any one in Head-fi to achieve (let alone break) this record 
mad.gif
 . Putting them through their paces ! The Babingas are so beautiful.

Nov 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #192 of 4,144
Shazhada, what you think of the vegan leather? How does it compare with leather, if you've heard? And why did you go for these? Ps interesting look with the black trim.

I've got the LCD3s in leather and they get very uncomfortable during summer. That was the only reason why I went with the microsuide and am glad I did coz these are certainly softer than leather cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back