AUDEZE LCD XC
Nov 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #196 of 4,150

Got my XC 3days ago~ I was using it all day long past two days...Man I'm In love with this more than any other headphone that I used in the past!

They sounds Pure, transparent, bottomless extension on low and endless extension on high!! 

Mid is so detail, vivid, rich, and clear....

Super wide staging with dead accurate imaging....Man Audeze made a Ultimate sounding headphone!!

but its freaking heavy...I starts to get use to it but still can't wear more than a hour~hour and a half...

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #197 of 4,150
Although I've just placed an order for the LCD-XC which I'll be using with my GS-Xmk2, for the last three hours I've been listening to my 009 / BHSE combo, after the BHSE had been on power for two hours. And all I can say is that 009 / BHSE combo is going to take some bettering. But I'll find out when I have the LCD-XC.

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #198 of 4,150
Although I've just placed an order for the LCD-XC which I'll be using with my GS-Xmk2, for the last three hours I've been listening to my 009 / BHSE combo, after the BHSE had been on power for two hours. And all I can say is that 009 / BHSE combo is going to take some bettering. But I'll find out when I have the LCD-XC.

The XCs don't stand a chance. 
Don't get me wrong, they're excellent closed back headphones, but thats it. They're closed cans.
A fairer comparison would be between other well regarded closed ones; TH900 & AT 3000ANV

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #199 of 4,150
^ I never understood the notion of closed not being able to compete with open. Now, I've never tried a Stax 009, so it may well be in a different league (for $5K excluding amp, it better be), but I actually auditioned the TH900 and LCD-3 side-by-side for more than a week before deciding on the TH900 (mind you, this was with a Bakoon HPA-21, so don't go saying the LCD-3 was underamped). Granted, the TH900 is more of a semi-closed headphone, but the LCD-3 was still a fully-open one. Isn't it about preference at the end of the day? There's no such thing as "de facto" in this hobby.

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #200 of 4,150
I wasn't trying to knock the LCD-XC in my previous post, it's just what I was hearing last night sounded very special, and after the BHSE has been on power a few hours before use, it seems to turn into a lot better sounding amp. I also believe the source I was using last night played a huge part in what I was hearing, and seeing I'll be using the same source with the LCD-XC / GS-Xmk2 , I'm very confident that the LCD-XC / GS-Xmk2 will also sound very good, but time will tell.

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #201 of 4,150
^ I never understood the notion of closed not being able to compete with open. Now, I've never tried a Stax 009, so it may well be in a different league (for $5K excluding amp, it better be), but I actually auditioned the TH900 and LCD-3 side-by-side for more than a week before deciding on the TH900 (mind you, this was with a Bakoon HPA-21, so don't go saying the LCD-3 was underamped). Granted, the TH900 is more of a semi-closed headphone, but the LCD-3 was still a fully-open one. Isn't it about preference at the end of the day? There's no such thing as "de facto" in this hobby.

I was specifically talking about the Stax 009 which I've previously owned for a little over 6 months and in my opinion the LCD-XCs just can't compete in any areas. The 009s are truly special. The most resolving and transparent headphones I've had the fortune of hearing. Unfortunately I had to sell them due to financial reasons but will most certainly get them at a later stage.
As far as comparisons between open & closed headphones are concerned, I don't know how closed ones can be as airy and open. Even the LCD3s, which are not known for a great soundstage, have a bigger soundstage than the XCs. Let's not even get into the HD800s. 
Preferences obviously are a different thing altogether.  

My reason for getting the XCs was only because I needed closed headphones for outdoors and am extremely happy with them 

I wasn't trying to knock the LCD-XC in my previous post, it's just what I was hearing last night sounded very special, and after the BHSE has been on power a few hours before use, it seems to turn into a lot better sounding amp. I also believe the source I was using last night played a huge part in what I was hearing, and seeing I'll be using the same source with the LCD-XC / GS-Xmk2 , I'm very confident that the LCD-XC / GS-Xmk2 will also sound very good, but time will tell.

I think it was directed at my post.

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #203 of 4,150

This is why I turn on my tube amp first thing in the morning, and THEN it's the rest of morning chores. :)
Even with some SS gear I had, there was very noticeable warm-up change. Talking about SS, the Auralic Vega DAC does not even offer all the menu options until it's fully warmed up.

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #204 of 4,150

This is why I turn on my tube amp first thing in the morning, and THEN it's the rest of morning chores. :)
Even with some SS gear I had, there was very noticeable warm-up change. Talking about SS, the Auralic Vega DAC does not even offer all the menu options until it's fully warmed up.

While I can hear a difference with the BHSE after it's been on power a few hours, I can't say I've heard a difference with the GS-Xmk2 after it's been on power for a bit.
That's why if I want to listen to anything straight away, I always use the GS-X.

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #205 of 4,150
While I can hear a difference with the BHSE after it's been on power a few hours, I can't say I've heard a difference with the GS-Xmk2 after it's been on power for a bit.
That's why if I want to listen to anything straight away, I always use the GS-X.

Well with SS gear I never have that worry anyway, as it's 24/7 ON. Was it not for some rare tubes, I would never turn off the tube amp either.

Dec 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #206 of 4,150
SS gear probably would be safe to leave on 24/7, but I'd never do that unattended, in fact I wouldn't do that with any of my audio gear. However I've had my BHSE on for above 9hours continuously and it worked like dream.

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #207 of 4,150
  The XCs don't stand a chance. 
Don't get me wrong, they're excellent closed back headphones, but thats it. They're closed cans.
A fairer comparison would be between other well regarded closed ones; TH900 & AT 3000ANV

I have little bit different opinion.

I have no doubt that SR009 is the best headphone you can get.

but audio is all about perference. Ya sr009 is beautiful sounding can. 

When I listened sr009 with so many mousic, they are silky, juicy, transparency, natural, etc.  I though I wasn't gonna get any better sound like sr009. 

However as soon as I listened Heavy Metal, Dub - steps, electronic etc, I was disappointed at sr009.

I don't mean that they sound horrible but, I just could not find that irritation that I got from my TH900, PS1000.

and now I am using XC yet They have more of irritation than SR009. So it really depends on what you are looking for though.

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #208 of 4,150
In me ordering the LCD-XC, I'm hoping it doesn't sound anything like the SR-009's, if it did then there'd be no point in getting one. However SQ from the LCD-XC's isn't the main reason why I'm getting a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back