AUDEZE LCD XC
Mar 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #1,066 of 4,151
  Wasn't implying anything about the T+A, just that a bad design happened to use the same unusual output tubes
rolleyes.gif

I bring my EL84 based JoLida FX10 with a matching resistor box to Head-Fi meets and it does very nicely. There are certainly better EL84 amps out there, it is their bottom of the line amp. Tube amps aren't practical for a cramped office environment which is where I listen

I personally have high hopes for the Geek Pulse, but if that doesn't cut it, there is the Bryston.

Got you on the Melos.

Not familiar with the Geek, but Bryston is great sounding, wonderfully built product, at least when I was in the biz. I'm thinking about buying an RSA SR-71B for my AK240/XCs. Never ends in this hobby ... one purchase leads to another ...

By the way, if anyone has any experience with upgraded Audeze cables that are on the warmer side of neutral, I'm all ears. The build quality has to be top notch—I'm a fit 'n finish type of guy. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #1,067 of 4,151
I remember selling those. That's a T+A V10. The distribution in the US has been spotty, but I believe Dynaudio America currently handles the line. This is an 80 watt per channel integrated amplifier from what I remember, German made, and there was a matching CD player and turntable. I recall it retailing for about $8k back when it first appeared in the US about 10 years ago.

Full name of the amp please

Thank you for your help

Here is the link from T+A :

http://www.taelektroakustik.de/?L=1

My tube pre amp is from V Series : P 10.2

http://www.taelektroakustik.de/index.php?id=287&L=1

V 10.2 is integrated amp

I prefer the sound quality from T+A pre amplifier P 10.2 for headphone use
The price is around $ 12.000 USD

I have compare many headphone amplifier at the price ranges. , my ore amp from T+A is still the best in term of sound quality .

Because P 10.2 is pre amp has limitation power , the only headphone that I feel not drive in full weight is

My Abyss 1266.

The best Amp for Abyss , that so powerful and very good sound quality is Mass Ko Bo 394 cost about $ 5000 USD
It is solid state amp.

http://www.masskobo.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E5%B7%A5%E6%88%BF-MASS-kobo/172327899490857

The SQ my T+A P 10.2 is still the best

IMO

Mass Ko Bo 394

T+A P10.2 tube pre amplifier

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #1,068 of 4,151
Got you on the Melos.

Not familiar with the Geek, but Bryston is great sounding, wonderfully built product, at least when I was in the biz. I'm thinking about buying an RSA SR-71B for my AK240/XCs. Never ends in this hobby ... one purchase leads to another ...

By the way, if anyone has any experience with upgraded Audeze cables that are on the warmer side of neutral, I'm all ears. The build quality has to be top notch—I'm a fit 'n finish type of guy. :wink_face:

I have tried many cables for my LCD 2 rev 3 , LCD 3 sold and now LCD XC , i like the cable from

SAA Endorphin with balance 3 Pin
SAA Endorphin with balance 4 Pin

At the moment the best synergy with Audeze LCD series

http://www.stefanaudioart.com/shop/endorphin-balanced-high-end-headphone-cable-for-the-audeze-lcd-23/

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #1,069 of 4,151
I have tried many cables for my LCD 2 rev 3 , LCD 3 sold and now LCD XC , i like the cable from

SAA Endorphin with balance 3 Pin
SAA Endorphin with balance 4 Pin

At the moment the best synergy with Audeze LCD series

http://www.stefanaudioart.com/shop/endorphin-balanced-high-end-headphone-cable-for-the-audeze-lcd-23/

Hi rudi,

Thank you for your reply and the correction on the T+A. I was unaware that there was a preamp in the series which the V10 is a part of.

The SAA cables look nice—wish they had better pictures on their site. Certainly pricy, perhaps more than I want to spend. I'm getting a 2.5mm TRRS connector tomorrow from my dealer, so I'm going to cut down the included balanced cable that came with my XCs and solder on the new connector. Then I will be able to use the balanced out on my AK240 and hear if I like it better ...

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #1,070 of 4,151
Hi rudi,

Thank you for your reply and the correction on the T+A. I was unaware that there was a preamp in the series which the V10 is a part of.

The SAA cables look nice—wish they had better pictures on their site. Certainly pricy, perhaps more than I want to spend. I'm getting a 2.5mm TRRS connector tomorrow from my dealer, so I'm going to cut down the included balanced cable that came with my XCs and solder on the new connector. Then I will be able to use the balanced out on my AK240 and hear if I like it better ...

I have 2 sets , one is new and the other one is second hand in very good condition , please take a look on sell thread .
Good luck .

I sold all my after market cable , it is better buy direct good ones than like me trial and error , at the end I loose more Money :D

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #1,071 of 4,151
I have 2 sets , one is new and the other one is second hand in very good condition , please take a look on sell thread .
Good luck .

I sold all my after market cable , it is better buy direct good ones than like me trial and error , at the end I loose more Money
biggrin.gif

I understand. It's nice to have someone like you on the forum who shares their experience from all the experimenting they do; the benefit to others is they don't have to spend as much money trying out different items—cables in this context. Thank you for all your help. 
biggrin.gif

Is the Endorphin on the side of being warmer than neutral? By the way, I looked for your classified as well as checking all the posts you created and I didn't see anything about you selling one of these cables.

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #1,073 of 4,151
  If I missed it, could someone sum up the comparison between the LCD-XC, TH900 and the W3000ANVs?  Thanks...

W3000ANVS: warm and euphonious...sweet, but soundstage is not a strength...great with lesser-sounding recordings.

TH900: lovely soundstage (one, if not the biggest one when it comes to closed headphones); great bass; mids kind of recessed

XC: even though I live the sound signature better than that of the aforementioned headphones, they can get a bit bright in the upper mid area (i.e., female voices, specially light sopranos, can be a bit too forward and strident.  Great Bass.  A major leagues pair of headphones...even with the aforementioned problem, my favorite close headphones. excellent soundstage.

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,074 of 4,151
  If I missed it, could someone sum up the comparison between the LCD-XC, TH900 and the W3000ANVs?  Thanks...

The Denon TH900 has bigger soundstage than the XC an is very transparent. The W3000anv  has similar soundstage and bette isolation than the TH900. The cups are both beautiful and both very comfortable. The XC has similar sound to the LCD2 with more refinement and isolates veyr good and has the typical bass Audeze is famous for. All three are  excellent and can satisfy long term. i regret letting my AT3000anv go. I have the TH900 and XC is here too.

Figaro is pretty accurate with his descriptions but I dont find the xc to bright.

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #1,075 of 4,151
I understand. It's nice to have someone like you on the forum who shares their experience from all the experimenting they do; the benefit to others is they don't have to spend as much money trying out different items—cables in this context. Thank you for all your help. :D

Is the Endorphin on the side of being warmer than neutral? By the way, I looked for your classified as well as checking all the posts you created and I didn't see anything about you selling one of these cables.

Thank you and you are welcome
I sold my cables locally , I haven't post on sell or buy thread in head fi
Normally is from friends help me to tell their friends , sometimes is faster and safer , we know exactly who is the seller and buyer
IMO

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #1,076 of 4,151
I understand. It's nice to have someone like you on the forum who shares their experience from all the experimenting they do; the benefit to others is they don't have to spend as much money trying out different items—cables in this context. Thank you for all your help. :D

May I know the different between LCD X and XC ?
I plan to sell my LCD 2 rev 3 and buy LCD X
Thank you

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,078 of 4,151
  The Denon TH900 has bigger soundstage than the XC an is very transparent. The W3000anv  has similar soundstage and bette isolation than the TH900. The cups are both beautiful and both very comfortable. The XC has similar sound to the LCD2 with more refinement and isolates veyr good and has the typical bass Audeze is famous for. All three are  excellent and can satisfy long term. i regret letting my AT3000anv go. I have the TH900 and XC is here too.

Figaro is pretty accurate with his descriptions but I dont find the xc to bright.

I'm starting to think that the Oppo BDP-95 universal player (my source) is the culprit when it comes to the brightness (or prominence) I'm experiencing in the upper mids, since it seems like I am one of the few who is mildly troubled by this.

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #1,079 of 4,151
I am using the Oppo BDP 105  and not finding that issue and have not tried my Oppo BDP 95 with them yet. . I  believe both the X and XC is more brighter and not as dark as the other LCD headphones. I noticed a change when the 2.2 was released with less darker sounding headphones.  I listen the the HD800 which is super revealing and been listening mostly on the GSX Mk 11 as I do my review which is a super revealing amplifier but it could be the recordings too. have you tried some warmer type recordings. Some digital recordings are compressed and nasty.

I do find that they are not warm sounding headphones though. They are different signature than the lcd2 for sure in my opinion.(Brighter)

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,080 of 4,151
  ............. . I  believe both the X and XC is more brighter and not as dark as the other LCD headphones. .............

I do find that they are not warm sounding headphones though. They are different signature than the lcd2 for sure in my opinion.(Brighter)

Frank, I find one can add the LCD 3 (at least the one I have) to the list of not as dark...That would leave the 2 as the only dark sounding Audez'e headphone 
biggrin.gif
. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back