AUDEZE LCD XC
Feb 7, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #722 of 4,150
Either that or I'm so ugly that my hair is running away from my face.

Do that's what's been happening to me. Welcome to the oogly club my brother
:)

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #723 of 4,150
Mac,

you just made my day. IMO, the XC is better than the 900. For me, its now a 3:1 ratio in terms of hearing time between the XCs and 900s. Again all, it is only my subjective experience. 

I just got TH900, and possibly will get LCDXC.
But can you tell me which one has bigger Sound Stage and better mids ?

Thanks in advance,

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #724 of 4,150
Mac,

you just made my day. IMO, the XC is better than the 900. For me, its now a 3:1 ratio in terms of hearing time between the XCs and 900s. Again all, it is only my subjective experience. 

Thanks in advance,

I've never heard the TH-900 but I did have the TH-600 for a while and sold them because of the mids being so weak. Some say the mids on the TH-900 are even more distant so the XC will win in that department. Hands down. Not even a contest.

TH-900 for soundstage. The recessed mids and huge boosts to the bass and treble also give the illusion that the soundstage is bigger than what it actually is.

The XC are reference headphones. They're not as fun to listen to as the Fostex but technically they're much better.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #725 of 4,150
I've never heard the TH-900 but I did have the TH-600 for a while and sold them because of the mids being so weak. Some say the mids on the TH-900 are even more distant so the XC will win in that department. Hands down. Not even a contest.

TH-900 for soundstage. The recessed mids and huge boosts to the bass and treble also give the illusion that the soundstage is bigger than what it actually is.

The XC are reference headphones. They're not as fun to listen to as the Fostex but technically they're much better.

It is darker than TH900 ? only thing that I am hesitating is the weight and comfort issue of LCD-XC.
Wish they can implement SINGLE sided stator magnet like all new HE560 to reduce the weight.

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #726 of 4,150

That's exactly what I was trying to say. The XC's are better sonically but on Friday and Saturday nights I'm taking out the more fun , bigger bAss Fostex girls!
On Sundays it will be the XC I take to church and dinner !

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #727 of 4,150

Mac,

Thanks in advance,

it's close, but better soundstage goes to the Fostex.  With regards to the Mids, LCD-XC is much better than the Fostex (Fostex's are somewhat recessed).

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #734 of 4,150
  Mac,

beerchug.gif

(Though I still think very highly of my TH-900s FWIW).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back