AUDEZE LCD XC
Aug 27, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #3,961 of 4,137
I tried this week to purchase LCD-X grills for my LCD-XC. Audeze's response:

Thanks for your inquiry.

If you have an LCD-X, please complete/verify/correct the following:

<my name and address>

Phone Number:
Serial Number of LCD-X:

We would also need a receipt/proof of purchase of the headphone. Management has taken the stance that all models are unique unto themselves, so we're not able to mix and match parts from different models.
That was probably me who handled your ticket, and yeah, Audeze doesn't allow the sale of parts from other headphones for the sake of making hybrids/etc. Outside of simple stuff like carbon fiber headbands and leather pads for lower tier models that don't typically use either.

You COULD buy an LCD X and XC, and do whatever you want between them, but it'll likely void your warranty. :p

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #3,962 of 4,137
In Roon there are DSP presets for all Audeze cans. However it seems tuned for the old LCD-XC, not the 2021 revision? Not that odd I guess but still.

Aug 28, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #3,963 of 4,137
In Roon there are DSP presets for all Audeze cans. However it seems tuned for the old LCD-XC, not the 2021 revision? Not that odd I guess but still.
Try Resolves 2021 EQ settings, sounds better then what is in Roon. I tweaked the bass more but used his settings as a guide to start. Just in case you were not aware you can email Audeze with your serial number and they will send you their frequency test chart. I used this to further tune through Equalizer APO.

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #3,965 of 4,137
Try Resolves 2021 EQ settings, sounds better then what is in Roon. I tweaked the bass more but used his settings as a guide to start. Just in case you were not aware you can email Audeze with your serial number and they will send you their frequency test chart. I used this to further tune through Equalizer APO.
Thanks, I did not know about the frequency test chart! Yeah, setting up EQ for these will be necessary, compared to the Stellias the bottom end is just gone.

Aug 29, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #3,966 of 4,137
Thanks, I did not know about the frequency test chart! Yeah, setting up EQ for these will be necessary, compared to the Stellias the bottom end is just gone.
Agreed! When I first got the 2021 LCD-XC I was like where is the bass, punch and slam? Here is a link to Resolves EQ settings: https://forum.headphones.com/t/audeze-lcd-x-open-back-planar-headphone-official-thread/2819/187

The pic is how I EQ mine. Stunning headphones after EQ. The frequency test chart from Audeze helped when I was fine tuning with EQ.

Attachments

• my 2021 LCD-XC Equalizer APO.JPG
    my 2021 LCD-XC Equalizer APO.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 0
Aug 29, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #3,967 of 4,137
Day after I requested the test graph from Audeze they emailed me the included pic.

Attachments

• my Audeze test graph for LCD-XC from Audeze.JPG
    my Audeze test graph for LCD-XC from Audeze.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
Aug 29, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #3,968 of 4,137
Agreed! When I first got the 2021 LCD-XC I was like where is the bass, punch and slam? Here is a link to Resolves EQ settings: https://forum.headphones.com/t/audeze-lcd-x-open-back-planar-headphone-official-thread/2819/187

The pic is how I EQ mine. Stunning headphones after EQ. The frequency test chart from Audeze helped when I was fine tuning with EQ.
Thanks, copied that straight off and it works really well with classic rock stuff, anything modern and it distorts to high heaven for me. That 10dB low threshold at 60Hz seems like the culprit, I'll test more tonight and try to figure it out.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #3,969 of 4,137
Thanks, copied that straight off and it works really well with classic rock stuff, anything modern and it distorts to high heaven for me. That 10dB lowpass at 60Hz seems like the culprit, I'll test more tonight and try to figure it out.
Interesting. I use these settings on all genres, movies, Tidal Master, redbook, anything. But if the recording is bad, it can be heard. I am assuming you are using an amp with enough headroom. Hmmm puzzling. Curious what amp and DAC are you using with the LCD-XC?

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #3,970 of 4,137
Interesting. I use these settings on all genres, movies, Tidal Master, redbook, anything. But if the recording is bad, it can be heard. I am assuming you are using an amp with enough headroom. Hmmm puzzling. Curious what amp and DAC are you using with the LCD-XC?
At this moment it's the Topping D90/A90 so linear and plenty of power. I'm at -4db at 60hz and preamp at -9 and now we're getting closer. Using the built in dsp parametric EQ in roon which may be doing things differently somehow.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #3,971 of 4,137
Interesting, I wonder why my results are so different? At least it is improving for you. As an aside. If you have access to Furutech Nano Liquid, using it at the headphone connectors and at the amp side of the cable the results are very, very good.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #3,972 of 4,137
Interesting, I wonder why my results are so different? At least it is improving for you. As an aside. If you have access to Furutech Nano Liquid, using it at the headphone connectors and at the amp side of the cable the results are very, very good.
It's probably how the software handles the low threshold filter or a windows/osx thing I guess. Or I messed up some setting, which is entirely possible. Now it's not clipping the signal so no more distortion.

Attachments

• dsp2.jpg
    dsp2.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 0
  • dsp.jpg
    dsp.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 0
Aug 29, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #3,973 of 4,137
Downloaded SoundSource so I'm not locked to only using EQ with Roon, and went with Resolves EQ numbers (with a little more presence i the treble). The problem was that the gain was too high and not enough adjustment in the preamplification, not sure why it's not clipping for you.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #3,974 of 4,137
Do you find that after EQ the LCD-XC is much better than stock tuning?

Aug 29, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #3,975 of 4,137
Do you find that after EQ the LCD-XC is much better than stock tuning?
I do. Much better. Stock tuning is too bright for me. I have a pre-2021 model, can't comment on the latest version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back