AUDEZE LCD XC
Jun 3, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #2,446 of 4,137
Anyone planning to take advantage of the trade-in program Audeze is running on the LCD-X and XC?  It's on their main page.

I decided to trade my HE400i for $400 off a pair of the LCD-XC.  That's a great deal.  I'm really looking forward to these.  I had been torn for a while between the Ether C or the LCD-XC... this sealed the deal.

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #2,447 of 4,137
  Anyone planning to take advantage of the trade-in program Audeze is running on the LCD-X and XC?  It's on their main page.

I decided to trade my HE400i for $400 off a pair of the LCD-XC.  That's a great deal.  I'm really looking forward to these.  I had been torn for a while between the Ether C or the LCD-XC... this sealed the deal.

Me too!  I wasn't having much luck selling my HD700 here and was already drooling over the LCD-XC.  Giving me $500 towards the purchase is more than I can resist.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #2,448 of 4,137
Me too!  I wasn't having much luck selling my HD700 here and was already drooling over the LCD-XC.  Giving me $500 towards the purchase is more than I can resist.

Right on. Can't ask for a much better deal.

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #2,450 of 4,137
  How do these perform when hooked up to a O2+ODAC? Im thinking of upgrading but thats the amp I have. 

Hey Kenny-  I just ordered a pair after hearing them at a local meet.  What was really impressive about the XC was how little it took to make them sing.  I would imagine the 02+ODAC will pair wonderfully!  But what I mean to say is, they sound like XC's through just about everything.  My friend says he can plug them into his iPad at night and watch movies without waking his wife in bed!  And they still rock.  Or through a nice MicroZOTL amp:)  Which I have and they are brilliant.  Cheers:)

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #2,451 of 4,137
  Just a comment - I still consider myself a newbie so I'm trying to train my ears on what I should be hearing and get a better handle on the lingo.  

I have the LCD-XC's running from the Woo WA7d and WA7tp off my Macbook and yes, they sound fantastic.  I also recently acquired the new Beyerdynamic TP5 Gen 2's and have been comparing the two - everyone on the new Gen 2 TP5 thread has been raving about how they are so balanced and open sounding (despite being closed backs too) and they keep talking about how it's a "reference" sound.  

I do like them (the T5P's) but to me compared to the LCD-XC's, they seem light - maybe it's just my preference, but when I put on the LCD's it's like I added a sub to the room and when I put back on the TP5's, it's like I turned off the sub, still clear and great sounding, but without that sub bass.  

Anyone out there have both?  Just wondering if that's how others would view it.  Are the LCD's considered to be bass heavy?  Is the more middle of the road clear sound of the TP5 what most consider more audiophile quality?

I really do like them both and I think it depends on what I'm listening to that also makes one stand out more than the other - R&B sounds weak on the TP5's compared to the LCD's, but certain Jazz stuff sounds crisper on the TP5.  

As for portability, the TP5 is waaaayyyy more portable.

Thanks all!

Thats it completely!  I feel/hear that as well.  Listening to the LCD-X or the LCD-XC, the girth is there.  You really can absorb the sound in your body. Its something that I really appreciate about them.  As a drummer myself, I love anytime I can feel the the full range of the kit.

Jun 19, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #2,453 of 4,137
Well I think the left driver on my LCD-XC just died. I swapped cables, tried it on a different amp, then tried another set of headphones and the problem follows the Audeze. Pretty lame. I've had them less than a year... Emailed support and wait until tomorrow for next steps.

I don't have anything else as good for a backup option. Dangerous territory since I'm tempted to buy something else to try and fill the gap. Anybody have any thoughts Audeze vs the new Focal Elear?

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #2,456 of 4,137
The warranty period is three years. Audeze assures me that the failure rate is very low on the LCD-X/C. I'd agree at least in that I have only seen a small number of reports.

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #2,457 of 4,137
Just an update, finally got my LCD-XC back from Audeze. They've been gone a little over three weeks. I know I'm getting them back with the 2016 driver (that's what they told me they were doing). Initial sound check, OMG these are just mind blowing. I can't believe how much I missed them. I can't directly compare. IDK if it's really any different from before, based on memory. I don't have any other headphones that remotely compare to these Audeze. They just destroy everything else I have. I need to pick up something else in this class or better so I have a backup option. I just drops my jaw in my lap... how amazing these things sound. I love it.

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #2,458 of 4,137
  Just an update, finally got my LCD-XC back from Audeze. They've been gone a little over three weeks. I know I'm getting them back with the 2016 driver (that's what they told me they were doing). Initial sound check, OMG these are just mind blowing. I can't believe how much I missed them. I can't directly compare. IDK if it's really any different from before, based on memory. I don't have any other headphones that remotely compare to these Audeze. T hey just destroy everything else I have. I need to pick up something else in this class or better so I have a backup option. I just drops my jaw in my lap... how amazing these things sound. I love it.

dt880smile.png
 Enjoy in good health 

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #2,459 of 4,137
  Just an update, finally got my LCD-XC back from Audeze. They've been gone a little over three weeks. I know I'm getting them back with the 2016 driver (that's what they told me they were doing). Initial sound check, OMG these are just mind blowing. I can't believe how much I missed them. I can't directly compare. IDK if it's really any different from before, based on memory. I don't have any other headphones that remotely compare to these Audeze. They just destroy everything else I have. I need to pick up something else in this class or better so I have a backup option. I just drops my jaw in my lap... how amazing these things sound. I love it.

Congratulations on getting your babies back, and for your elation of their (new?) sound.  I've already got three budget-stretching sets of cans, and you're making it hard not to have my ears start wandering toward the XCs.  I almost bought a set ... twice, but decided to pay my rent instead. 
biggrin.gif

- Dave

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #2,460 of 4,137
  Congratulations on getting your babies back, and for your elation of their (new?) sound.  I've already got three budget-stretching sets of cans, and you're making it hard not to have my ears start wandering toward the XCs.  I almost bought a set ... twice, but decided to pay my rent instead. 
biggrin.gif

- Dave

The LCD-XC are the only high-end headphone I have right now. I wouldn't mind picking up another option. Right now I'm leaning mostly towards the Abyss. I've only had the chance to hear all these other headphones once at RMAF last year. The main thing I walked away with was that there might be other things out there slightly better than mine but not by much. Another nice thing I got form Audeze is the new carbon fiber strap. I noticed an immediate improvement in comfort.

As much as I think it would be fun to have one of each high end headphone cause I can't decide, I only have one head. Same @Dave. If you've got four you're probably set. There's always gonna be a new shiny to eye getting. I bought the XC blind just based on reading all the hype behind Audeze here on Head-Fi. I must say I think I came out of it in pretty good shape. Besides the uncertainty about the driver lifespan, zero regrets about these headphones. Noticing just how depressed I was getting when they were gone, it might not be a stretch to say this is one of the best purchases of my life here.

Edit: typos, added a pic of my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back