Audeze LCD-X
Nov 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #1,126 of 12,748
  Has anyone found what amps they consider to be ideal for the LCD-X?

I really like the Balancing Act (EML Mesh 300b and TSRP) with the X. I've used Liquid Fire, Soloist, Grace M902. I expected the Balancing Act to be better for me. I will have an Apex Teton from the loaner program very soon. 

I've now had my X for 12 days and I can hear a good improvement from burn-in. I also ditched the stock balanced cable and using the Q cable from my 2.2 - makes a good difference in dynamics and things seem livelier. 

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #1,128 of 12,748
Nov 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #1,129 of 12,748
  I would be cautious for those considering "upgrading" to an LCD-X from an LCD-3. We know that in some aspects the LCD-X may be preferable and in others the LCD-3. The LCD-X is not a replacement, or successor to the LCD-3. But for sure there WILL be at some time in the next year or so.

For those constrained by a budget, it would be deeply unsatisfying, to change to an LCD-X, only to then hear the LCD-4 announcement and want to change again!

I am going to hold out for the LCD-4. Afterall, it is hardly the fact that the LCD-Xs are in a different league to the LCD-3s.

+1 (I do not own an Audeze headphones recently but I just agree that people should stay with what they have since these LCD-X phones seems to be rather a step towards something bigger, more perfect)

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #1,131 of 12,748
Nov 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #1,134 of 12,748
I am starting to rediscover some songs, because of the excellent treble on LCD-X, songs  that I never truly noticed before .  

The Mozart Harpsichord Concerto sounds just amazing. I cannot get enough of that treble ( i never thought i would be this fascinated in this manner by the treble before )

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #1,135 of 12,748
  I am starting to rediscover some songs, because of the excellent treble on LCD-X, songs  that I never truly noticed before .  

The Mozart Harpsichord Concerto sounds just amazing. I cannot get enough of that treble ( i never thought i would be this fascinated in this manner by the treble before )

I guess your HD800s, like it was for me, only made you slightly afraid of the treble. You never know what type of treble you're going to get next. :)

Few headphones pull the trick of excellent treble detail, attack and extension, while keep things civil and very enjoyable. Stax does that successfully.

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #1,136 of 12,748

I guess your HD800s, like it was for me, only made you slightly afraid of the treble. You never know what type of treble you're going to get next. :)

Few headphones pull the trick of excellent treble detail and extension, while keep things civil and very enjoyable. Stax does that succesfully.

I never enjoyed the treble this much with HD800. The treble is cleaner here with no sign of harshness or sibilance. It is just amazing. Never heard any stax yet, but I am quite positive you would love the treble on LCD-X. 

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,137 of 12,748
i am still interested in buying LCD-X but so unsure.

the LCD-3 seem better and better the more i listen to them. especially right now with a tube amp, they are so warm and rich in the midrange, its so sweet! 

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #1,138 of 12,748
  i am still interested in buying LCD-X but so unsure.

the LCD-3 seem better and better the more i listen to them. especially right now with a tube amp, they are so warm and rich in the midrange, its so sweet! 

Agreed that the mids of the LCD-3s are a very special thing to behold. But the LCD-X are outstanding headphones in their own right. They're treble presentation with a better sense of air and improved instrumental separation are also very special. Imagine an Audeze headphone with top notch bass and an open sound / balanced that is intoxicating with pretty much any genre you through at it. 

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #1,139 of 12,748
ALL OF YOU NEED TO SHUT UP.  I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO KEEP READING THIS THREAD!!!!!

:frowning2:

I'm either buying Dubstep Girl's -3s, or getting a new -XC... but now I'm thinking I need all three of them.  Please, for the love of my sanity, just tell me these are all terrible and not a significant upgrade from a Beyer DT990, and that I should have just stopped at that one all those years ago.

Or hook me up with an Audeze discount code.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #1,140 of 12,748
code PMed
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back