Audeze LCD-X
Jan 10, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #11,761 of 12,748
If I were to buy a new pair of headphones, with more natural tonality or bigger soundstage, what should I look for? Coming from lcdx.

For me the lcdx is supreme in instrument separation, bass, but also treable.
Although I didn't like them at all when I first tried, they seemed dull and dark, now i consider the treable very "real". I never heard hihats o rides sound as good as on these...

I am rly thinking of buying a 2nd pair of lcdx's 😂 is it a crazy thing to buy a 2nd pair of the same headphones, just in case they broke? 😧 :):)

Jan 10, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #11,762 of 12,748
If I were to buy a new pair of headphones, with more natural tonality or bigger soundstage, what should I look for? Coming from lcdx.

Then you want the Arya or better still the He1000se but there's no such thing as natural tonality. They all have their sound signature which is very nice !

Jan 10, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #11,763 of 12,748
Then you want the Arya or better still the He1000se but there's no such thing as natural tonality. They all have their sound signature which is very nice !
You see. That may be my problem. I didn't try many wines. I just got the lcdx. Perhaps if i spend more money i like these more. But at the moment with just the few references i have lcdx bestes everything :D

I may go to a shop in the center for an audience.

Jan 10, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #11,764 of 12,748
Then don't look further. Just enjoy the LCD-X for a long spell. Seriously you could have been happy with just that. I still have the HD650 which I enjoy occasionally but not much. Surprisingly I still love the HD800. Friend who came today is a classical music lover and he LOVES his HD800. I can see why. :)

So what music do you listen to? :)

Jan 10, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #11,765 of 12,748
Then don't look further. Just enjoy the LCD-X for a long spell. Seriously you could have been happy with just that. I still have the HD650 which I enjoy occasionally but not much. Surprisingly I still love the HD800. Friend who came today is a classical music lover and he LOVES his HD800. I can see why. :)

So what music do you listen to? :)
Pfff I am some kind of music yonkie. :L3000:
I listen pop, rock, metal, alternative, hip-hop, classical, folk, electrónica and much more!

Last few months I've been sacrificing sleep time for caugh sitting and surfing amazon music hd. Investigating, listening and just relax while my two loves sleep. :)

Jan 10, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #11,766 of 12,748
I listen pop, rock, metal, alternative, hip-hop, classical, folk, electrónica and much more!

Ok then you need more than just LCD-X. You might need a few !!! :slight_smile:

Seriously I think LCD-X and Arya makes a good combination. A long time ago I had HD800 and LCD-3f and that was a good combination too. Still is.

I know where I'm heading. LCD-4 and He1000se. And I'll still keep the HD800 just because they don't produce it anymore.

Jan 10, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #11,767 of 12,748
Ok then you need more than just LCD-X. You might need a few !!! :slight_smile:

Seriously I think LCD-X and Arya makes a good combination. A long time ago I had HD800 and LCD-3f and that was a good combination too. Still is.

I know where I'm heading. LCD-4 and He1000se. And I'll still keep the HD800 just because they don't produce it anymore.
That means bankrupt to me :D
Perhaps i try to listen the Arya and he1000se in a shop in the town. Should call to ask if they got these. Tbh, the hekse are a bit out of my scope. But who knows...

Thx for the council! :)

Jan 10, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #11,768 of 12,748
Then when you've tried the Arya and He1000se, you might want to try Susvara, Abyss ab-1266 Phi TC, Utopia and Final D8000 Pro. Don't forget also ZMF Verite Open and Close. While you're at it also try the Meze Empyrean.

And when you've tried all that, you will come to the realization that you're ok with just LCD-X because it sounds great and doesn't bankrupt you. :smiley:

Jan 10, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #11,769 of 12,748
Isn't it better to do not try any further? :D

Like, c'mon. A year ago I was happy with the dt 1990's and a focusrite clarett interface. :wink:

Jan 10, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #11,770 of 12,748
Alright, I'll stop teasing you. Just know that as long as you still have an interest in Head-Fi, your desire to try more will always be there. You just need to know where to draw the line and that is easier said than done.

Jan 10, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #11,771 of 12,748
I step past the line sometime ago :p
At the moment, i crossed the line again ordering a flux fa-12 to aid the dx7-pro dac.
And you don't need to tease me to step in. I'm curious enough to do so w/o any help 😂
Srsly, i really enjoy the hobby, the forum and the opinion of people is not only more experience but also different than me.

:)

Jan 10, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #11,772 of 12,748
I step past the line sometime ago :p
At the moment, i crossed the line again ordering a flux fa-12 to aid the dx7-pro dac.
And you don't need to tease me to step in. I'm curious enough to do so w/o any help 😂
Srsly, i really enjoy the hobby, the forum and the opinion of people is not only more experience but also different than me.

:)

That's great ! I take a light hearted approach to head-fi. You've to have fun along the way. Getting too serious with this hobby will get you ulcers. :)

I'm glad you got the flux fa-12. Something new which I don't have. So now it's your turn to tell me about it with LCD-X when it comes. :beerchug:

Jan 10, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #11,773 of 12,748
That's great ! I take a light hearted approach to head-fi. You've to have fun along the way. Getting too serious with this hobby will get you ulcers. :)

I'm glad you got the flux fa-12. Something new which I don't have. So now it's your turn to tell me about it with LCD-X when it comes. :beerchug:
Sure I will. Although I don't know if my untrained and pretty beat up ears (from when I was a drummer) will do any justice to the FA-12 - lcdx combo. :)

Jan 10, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #11,774 of 12,748
Sure I will. Although I don't know if my untrained and pretty beat up ears (from when I was a drummer) will do any justice to the FA-12 - lcdx combo. :)
I've got the LCD-XC as a nice compliment to the X. Picked them up used on eBay for a steal of a price. Came with the case. They're an older set that came with the old style band & ear pads. Replaced with new band & a pair of Dekoni Premium sheepskins and they are perfection to my ears. I assume they also have old model drivers so the sound is different enough to distinguish them from the X, but they still have all the characteristics that I love with the X. Ear cups are beautiful to look at also.

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #11,775 of 12,748
I've got the LCD-XC as a nice compliment to the X. Picked them up used on eBay for a steal of a price. Came with the case. They're an older set that came with the old style band & ear pads. Replaced with new band & a pair of Dekoni Premium sheepskins and they are perfection to my ears. I assume they also have old model drivers so the sound is different enough to distinguish them from the X, but they still have all the characteristics that I love with the X. Ear cups are beautiful to look at also.

How are the dekoni earpads in comparison to the old lcdx? I have lcdx 2018 version and I really like them.
Ordered a fenestrated sheepskin for dt1990 and I am not very satisfied with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back