Audeze LCD-X
Apr 13, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #9,886 of 12,748
Guessing I have the new memory foam pads as my drivers were just replaced in February. Have never touched any others so cant compare but they look and feel new.

It's a subtle change. I had to do some research to even figure out that the pads were actually different designs and not just variations within spec. The old ones have slightly thicker foam, and the new ones have slightly thicker memory foam but they compress more. That's the biggest difference. I think I posted about them earlier in the thread...

EDIT: Found it: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-lcd-2-impressions-thread.509710/page-770#post-14022397

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #9,888 of 12,748
Audeze just replied back to me on twitter and said all the lcd line gets the new headband except the leather free lcd3

The spring steel version or the carbon fiber version? Or does it depend on the model?

Apr 14, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #9,891 of 12,748
When I spoke with Audeze customer service I was told that the new headband was similar to the lcd-2c but not the same. When I receive my order I will post an image.

Maybe its built differently. This is a photo someone posted elsewhere of a pair he got this month that came with the new headband.

vOQevhWh.jpg

Apr 14, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #9,892 of 12,748
Are we able to purchase the new headbands?

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #9,894 of 12,748
Finally got my LCD-X headphones back in my hands. No fault of Audeze for the long time. In Central America, Holy Week causes everything to shut down. So it delayed it about 10 days.

But wow. They put new leather ear pads on them. The foam is different than before. I like them a lot. Very comfortable. They didn't change the headband, which is fine with me. I like it just fine.

They sound even better than I remember. Much better than my reserve pair of Mad Dog's by Mr. Speaker. As well they should for the price difference.

Really have to hand it to Audeze. Better support doesn't exist.

My headphones look and feel brand new. And they sound incredible.

Apr 22, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #9,895 of 12,748
Saw someone else say the lcd-x creators now comes with the suspension headband and a new braided cable. Anyone have photos?

edit: wow lcd-x is completely sold out directly right now.
The MC Edition does come with the suspension headband and braided cable. I ordered the Lohb Strap off Ebay and it helps with fit and comfort.

Apr 23, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #9,898 of 12,748
Has anyone compared the LCD-X to the LCD-XC post-2016 re-voicing? I've read elsewhere that the intention was to make the two identical sound-wise, but the measured FR I've seen suggests some difference in sound, as does the whole open vs closed issue.

I am absolutely interested in a TOTL closed can, but I don't want to pick up the XC if the sound is exactly the same as the X.

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #9,899 of 12,748
What's the best pad to change to as mine is peeling? is it difficult to change?
Should I change the headband too for a more even distribution?

Thanks
The pads can get kind of tricky to replace but be patient and you'll get it. They use super-sticky 2-sided tape unlike most pads out there. There is a video on YouTube that is very helpful.

Definitely upgrade the headband while you're at it. Big improvement in comfort, absolutely worth it. With the new pads, it will sound and feel like a new, better pair of headphones.

Apr 24, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #9,900 of 12,748
The pads can get kind of tricky to replace but be patient and you'll get it. They use super-sticky 2-sided tape unlike most pads out there. There is a video on YouTube that is very helpful.

Definitely upgrade the headband while you're at it. Big improvement in comfort, absolutely worth it. With the new pads, it will sound and feel like a new, better pair of headphones.
I didn't see the pad sold at the website. The band is from a third party at eBay ? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back