Audeze LCD-X
Mar 28, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #9,211 of 12,748
  recommending everyone with a mac to check out Sonarworks systemwide app and their calibration for the X.  night and day. will make you wonder how you ever listened to them without it and is about the cheapest upgrade you could make for the difference in sound.

Yep, the artifacts are still happening. But that's not all. The profile doesn't make the X's spectrum flatter at all. I don't like the 11kHz spike, I do like the upper bass boost and the tame on the lower end but it just doesn't make it for me. Regarding the upper mids and low treble, guitar warmth and cymbals are gone. But that's my personal taste of course.

I do agree that a good EQ calibration can make the X's flatter (if that's what are you looking for!!), but that's not what you get at all with this profile.

Of course is night and day, it's EQ in digital domain nonetheless. If it fits your tastes great, but have you tried other equalization on them?

I do recommend people to play with EQ settings, not more than 3db though, and find what plot makes it for you, but I cannot recommend this profile if you are looking to flatten the X's spectrum.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #9,212 of 12,748

Yep, the artifacts are still happening. But that's not all. The profile doesn't make the X's spectrum flatter at all. I don't like the 11kHz spike, I do like the upper bass boost and the tame on the lower end but it just doesn't make it for me. Regarding the upper mids and low treble, guitar warmth and cymbals are gone. But that's my personal taste of course.

I do agree that a good EQ calibration can make the X's flatter (if that's what are you looking for!!), but that's not what you get at all with this profile.

Of course is night and day, it's EQ in digital domain nonetheless. If it fits your tastes great, but have you tried other equalization on them?

I do recommend people to play with EQ settings, not more than 3db though, and find what plot makes it for you, but I cannot recommend this profile if you are looking to flatten the X's spectrum.

Nonetheless, I think I'll check it out after they smooth out the problems in windoze.

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #9,214 of 12,748
I was privileged to listen to the LCD-X a year ago at HeadRoom in Bozeman, Montana.  "Forty Six and 2" by Tool sounded absolutely amazing and I knew I wanted to buy a pair one day, just couldn't afford the $1600 price.  Now I'm looking at the used market and hope it will perform well with my Vali 2 and Mimby stack, whenever I do get the headphone. 

Would the Jotunheim make much difference?  I know you're talking balanced and more power vs. SE and a tube hybrid amp.

Mar 28, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #9,216 of 12,748
They have discounted Systemwide right now till end of month to $49 down from $99 if anyone is really interested.

Here is the email I received though I am not sure why they are trying to sell someone who already bought it at the higher price it might help you. To be honest I am kinda feeling a bit cheated at the moment since they had advertised it for $79 as an exclusive discount before the $99 regular price was to become the norm.

''
Ever wanted to calibrate calibrate ALL outgoing audio? It's possible with new Sonarworks Systemwide! Check it out here, if you already haven't - http://www.sonarworks.com/systemwide
As our client You get it for a special 49EUR/USD price until end of March.
Just enter this coupon code on checkout - MAR17-QA9XTWGDK9
''

and coincidentally I just got this too... looks like they are really pushing this thing now...

''
If you're ready to enter the pinnacle of headphone audio, we can make it a bit easier! Only for Sonarworks clients we're offering Systemwide for FREE with every pre-calibrated headphone. Just choose the cans you want, add Systemwide to your cart and enter this coupon code - MAR17-0J144AHA1E
Just don't wait too long - the deal ends on 31st of March. And if you're not impressed, just send us a message for a risk-free full refund. Not all people can handle hearing the truth!
''

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #9,217 of 12,748
I was privileged to listen to the LCD-X a year ago at HeadRoom in Bozeman, Montana.  "Forty Six and 2" by Tool sounded absolutely amazing and I knew I wanted to buy a pair one day, just couldn't afford the $1600 price.  Now I'm looking at the used market and hope it will perform well with my Vali 2 and Mimby stack, whenever I do get the headphone. 

Would the Jotunheim make much difference?  I know you're talking balanced and more power vs. SE and a tube hybrid amp.

Jot will definitely be an improvement over Vali

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #9,219 of 12,748
  @groovyd Most likely those are personal codes, I wouldn't share them in a public forum.
System-wide requires the plugin, so even with a 50% off system-wide, the price is 150€. CBA.

I would... it really doesn't matter to me since I already own the product they are discounting.  My plugin bundle with calibrated mic was $350. I paid $79 for systemwide on top of that but they have refunded me the $20 difference between my 'exclusive offer' and the new 'exclusive offer'.

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #9,224 of 12,748
Okay, is someone using with FB2K?  I ask because I'm having a freezing (whitescreen) affect when I or my son clicks on the field in the playback area.  I want to enter his code, but it crashes.  (Windows 7/64).  I've added the VST32 dll to the VST window, and added the item to the playback dsp chain.  The only other item there is the sox resampler which I'm not using, now.
Anyone have some feedback?  I think I'm almost there.
Thanks.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #9,225 of 12,748
Hey! So I'm interested in this Sonaworks mumbo jumbo, so I downloaded the headphone client with a trial key. I installed it, but don't see the app anywhere on my machine (mac)! 

Anyone else have this problem and/or know a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back