Audeze LCD-X
Mar 21, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #9,181 of 12,748
Mar 21, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #9,185 of 12,748
Hello everyone!

I apologize for the inconvenience again
Does anyone try the LCD-3 and the LCD-X to tell me the best?

Better in your opinion, you?
Thanks for the help and Sorry 4 my bad ENG

I auditioned both before going with the lcdx. Although at the time the lcd3 fazor didn't exist.

In my case, I found the bass on the lcd3 too overpowering for my taste. The lcdx felt more linear throughout while retaining the bass that magno planars and audeze does so well. Personally I feel lcdx is more capable headphone for fuller range of music.

End of day however I don't feel one headphone is better than the other. I think you need to audition and consider which might be better for your use case

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #9,186 of 12,748
more crazy than $1700 headphones?

With a sexy carbon fiber and leather headband ....now $1,900 headphones.....that's what I tell myself to keep from buying the awesome headband lol

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #9,187 of 12,748

don't think it is pointless... it is actually a great material choice for the job.

I stand by my assertion that replacing carbon fiber with aluminum would do just as good a job at a lower price. The carbon fiber's used for LCD-4 bling purposes only.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #9,188 of 12,748

I still don't know why they (or a third party) doesn't release an identical headband with aluminum in place of carbon fiber and pleather instead of leather for half the price. The carbon fiber (and to an extent the leather) raises the price for the sake of raising the price, in my opinion.

Aluminum won't work for headband.  It easily bends and you will lose the shape. Spring steel is a better choice since it will come back to its original shape. There are some other alloys that can be used as well. 
The original LCD-X headband is spring steel covered in leather. The CF headband is actually layers of Carbon fiber with other material to give it structural stability as well as flexibility. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 22, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #9,189 of 12,748
  Aluminum won't work for headband.  It easily bends and you will lose the shape. Spring steel is a better choice since it will come back to its original shape. There are some other alloys that can be used as well. 
The original LCD-X headband is spring steel covered in leather. The CF headband is actually layers of Carbon fiber with other material to give it structural stability as well as flexibility. 

What's HiFiMAN's suspension headband made of? How much cheaper would a spring steel version of the carbon fiber headband be?

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #9,191 of 12,748
Agree 100% with the others. The carbon fiber headband makes all the difference in the world. Normal headband hurts after 20-30 minutes, carbon fiber one is good for hours and hours.

Quote:

... and with custom Sonarworks calibration $2,000 :wink:

Annnnd now to move on to another topic: YES, Sonarworks does wonders with the LCD-X. I was skeptical of how much of an improvement it would be given the frequency response inconsistencies over the years with the X, but it absolutely helps even everything out (most notably the midrange dip and 8-10kHz peak) and makes for a more enjoyable experience. I don't listen without Sonarworks anymore, it just sounds off.

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #9,192 of 12,748

@Audeze, I think his point remains: using a suspension headband made of spring steel and pleather would make everyone happy (cheaper and leather free). Hifiman's HE-400i is a $449 product that has such a headband...

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #9,193 of 12,748
  @Audeze, I think his point remains: using a suspension headband made of spring steel and pleather would make everyone happy (cheaper and leather free). Hifiman's HE-400i is a $449 product that has such a headband...

The HE-350 on Massdrop is a $99 product with such a headband!

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #9,194 of 12,748

The HE-350 on Massdrop is a $99 product with such a headband!

Wow you are right (link). So no price excuses not to use such a headband in Audeze LCD-2/X/XC line. Leave the fancy CF headband to the shiny flagship LCD-4.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #9,195 of 12,748
  Wow you are right (link). So no price excuses not to use such a headband in Audeze LCD-2/X/XC line. Leave the fancy CF headband to the shiny flagship LCD-4.

Sounds like a slam dunk to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back