Audeze LCD-X
Sep 27, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #8,476 of 12,748
I just got mine and they have the V shape.

I will send a pic when I get back to it.

I am also interested in this topic. I have the CF headband but alas the leather touches the band when I am wearing it. I believe I may need to modify it.
I also am ordering another pr of LCD's so I may end up ordering another headband. The CF is much more comfortable.

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #8,477 of 12,748
I am also interested in this topic. I have the CF headband but alas the leather touches the band when I am wearing it. I believe I may need to modify it.
I also am ordering another pr of LCD's so I may end up ordering another headband. The CF is much more comfortable.

I read on this thread that it was a problem they fixed. On mine there is a little tiny space between the leather and band.

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #8,478 of 12,748
The v-shaped headband is the one you want.  The other $100 headband on their site is the old, original design.  I have two of those gathering dust, in case anybody wants one for free.

The v-shaped headband is a big improvement - totally stabilizes the cans on your head for more/better/rowdier head banging and bopping.

https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/lcd-carbon-fiber-headband

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #8,479 of 12,748
frown.gif
 I have the older CF headband with the large cutout and narrow bands, but it's still much more comfortable than stock.

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #8,480 of 12,748
I got mine a couple weeks ago and it has the v and the leather does not touch. 200.00 is what I paid

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #8,481 of 12,748
thanks everyone... their cs got back to me with a photo of what they are shipping now and it is the V not the U but appears it no longer has the flashy Audeze emblem on the sides, just plain like the original.  The detail on the carbon fiber and cutout though looks to have been cut a little sloppy.  How is the quality of workmanship on it, does it look cleanly cut or hacked a bit?  Sorry, I am one of those guys :wink:  I know I would only be disappointed if it is anything less then perfect for that kinda of price.

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #8,482 of 12,748
I wonder how much the carbon fiber aspect contributes to the ridiculous $200 price. I'd love to see a HiFiMAN aluminum/pleather combo, or at least aluminum/leather.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #8,484 of 12,748
  I wonder how much the carbon fiber aspect contributes to the ridiculous $200 price. I'd love to see a HiFiMAN aluminum/pleather combo, or at least aluminum/leather.

I would also love to see a $ 50-75 suspension replacement headband. If not from Audeze themselves, then maybe a third party company.

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #8,486 of 12,748
Does the carbon fiber headband reduce the clamping force while distributing the weight more evenly? I'm not so concerned about stabilization as I am about overall comfort.   I like the sound of my "X" but the weight and clamping force is a bit much for longer listening sessions.  If the CF headband is a big improvement for comfort, then I'm in. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #8,487 of 12,748
  Does the carbon fiber headband reduce the clamping force while distributing the weight more evenly? I'm not so concerned about stabilization as I am about overall comfort.   I like the sound of my "X" but the weight and clamping force is a bit much for longer listening sessions.  If the CF headband is a big improvement for comfort, then I'm in. 

To me, before I got the CF, I thought the headphones were just super heavy and didn't see how changing the lightest part of the headphone would make any difference, but since they ship free and let you return it with no questions asked (unlike other smaller companies), I tried it and found that even though the weight must not have changed much, the distribution of weight was across more surface area of my dome.  I don't remember the clamping force being an issue even with the orig headband but maybe due to the way I have it sitting on my head, it's on the biggest setting and more or less just resting on my head.

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #8,488 of 12,748
  To me, before I got the CF, I thought the headphones were just super heavy and didn't see how changing the lightest part of the headphone would make any difference, but since they ship free and let you return it with no questions asked (unlike other smaller companies), I tried it and found that even though the weight must not have changed much, the distribution of weight was across more surface area of my dome.  I don't remember the clamping force being an issue even with the orig headband but maybe due to the way I have it sitting on my head, it's on the biggest setting and more or less just resting on my head.

I agree with this post.  With the CF headband, the weight is much better distributed and the headphones are much more stable.  Also believe the clamping force may be a bit less, but net the overall effect is very positive.

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #8,489 of 12,748
I contacted Audeze today and they are sending me a shorter leather for my CF headband 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #8,490 of 12,748
I agree with this post.  With the CF headband, the weight is much better distributed and the headphones are much more stable.  Also believe the clamping force may be a bit less, but net the overall effect is very positive.

I was ready to give up on these headphones when I first got them due to the weight. I even ordered the Ether Flow in hopes they would sound nearly as nice. But while waiting for the Flows I received the CF headband and the comfort level was night and day. So, peace out, Flows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back